1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finding this likeness so bland and generic that you can see all kinds of other people in there - I thought the China one looked a bit like Sam Neill.

And to me that is the major problem with it, not that it doesn't look like Ford, it's that it's boring. We act like faces are so unique that if it really looked like Harrison Ford there would be no other resemblances. I don't find human faces to be quite that unique. It's attitude in a face that really strikes if a specific person and this sculpt lacks a Harrison Ford attitude. Like Captain Britain said, it's boring.

And this hostility over anyone saying the likeness to Ford is there is quite comical. Particularly the part accusing those of being fanboys... Pot, kettle. I'm wary of anyone who has convinced themselves they are the beacon of objectivity.

I didn't mean boring because of the era, I meant there is no emotion in the face. It doesn't have the brazen cockiness of Solo. I think it needs a smirk or a scowl or a quizzical expression.

I don't see how it is any more/less bland/neutral/boring than just about 99.9999999% of all facial sculpts out there. :dunno

Here's more excitement in the face...

header.jpg

Expressive faces locked in that moment forever tend to be very limiting.

And why should they admit it? The picture, the brand, the name, the fame, all that has gotten into them. Objectivity gets thrown out of the window once you mention "Star Wars" to some of this lot.

I'm all worked up over this because people WILL change their tune once a better version pops out. I just wish they would just admit it from day one, be objective and start being critical for the common good instead of being a happy camper or fundamentalist or just simply fanatical over such trivial matter. People are spending money on this, money that for some don't come easy. So let's have some sense and ask for the best that our money can buy!

Call me a hypocrit but I'm sick and tired of reading posts from people praising how good the sculpt is when it is actually ****! Star Lord had the same issue. People said the initial prototype was good enough but when the better sculpt got shown they just simply whinge and moan like toddlers. Why? Because they feel entitled to have ****** product? Nooo.... Because they don't have the sense to admit that they were wrong.

Yea but what if we think the sculpt is fine like it is?

Imo the sculpt is not bad but there is something missing in it that is not Ford 100%, someone on facebook pointed out that the eyes are to blame and another one said it was the lips. I think that Ford is one of those actors that is difficult to capture 100% using as reference the Indy figures and the sideshow ones.

Last edited:
Imo the sculpt is not bad but there is something missing in it that is not Ford 100%, someone on facebook pointed out that the eyes are yo blame another one said it was the lips. I think that Ford is one of those actors that is difficult to capture 100% using as reference the Indy figures and the sideshow ones.

If it turns out like the DX05 I will be thrilled….. :cuckoo:

but the truth of the matter is, we would be on board too. But everyone isn't, I thought I would see this kinda of pickyness over at the Marty thread only to find people worried that there might not be a doc, that is how its supposed to be on a good sculpt. Same with the Delorean the only gripe is with the Flux cap. and how it lights up, and how the paint application needs a metal brush application.

but the truth of the matter is, we would be on board too. But everyone isn't, I thought I would see this kinda of pickyness over at the Marty thread only to find people worried that there might not be a doc, that is how its supposed to be on a good sculpt. Same with the Delorean the only gripe is with the Flux cap. and how it lights up, and how the paint application needs a metal brush application.

I am kind of in that boat too.... I do not have any huge beefs with the sculpts. The shots I have seen displayed at the Hong Kong store look great. If revisions come into play it will be perfection.

It's probably some fault of ours. :lol

I wanted a HT Han Solo, that's exactly what this looks like to me. I never expected a perfect Harrison Ford 1/6 head. Never seen one. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. :)

Back