1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's head play - HK's version of Q. If you are aware of how they work, they'll use HT's stuff or other pics and send completely something else to customers.

That seller also had a Joker head sculpt w/o make up that looked alright.

That Joker head belongs to MJ customs. He's calling out on head play on fb. Poor guys who bought those are gonna be disappointed when they got the item as the photo he use is the one he got from MJ, not the one he recast and paint which will be a poorer version.

That's head play - HK's version of Q. If you are aware of how they work, they'll use HT's stuff or other pics and send completely something else to customers.

That Joker head belongs to MJ customs. He's calling out on head play on fb. Poor guys who bought those are gonna be disappointed when they got the item as the photo he use is the one he got from MJ, not the one he recast and paint which will be a poorer version.

With PayPal, you are protected from such shenanigans, aren't you?

Damn. There goes my idea then, lol

With PayPal, you are protected from such shenanigans, aren't you?

Not necessarily. It's 50:50 with custom stuff like this.

The majority of the more expericenced collectors know when to stay away with these lower quality 3rd party stuffs. So in the event they bought one, they know what they are getting so the chances of paypal claims towards this guy is actually quite slim.

There are 2 type of new collectors who will most likely be victims - the casual type who saw pics, buy it now, and when they receive the subpar item, get disappointed and learned their lesson not to always judge item by just pics. Or the picky ones, who will try to claim and return the stuffs, but since there's only a handful of these while there are hundreds of successful transaction from other buyers paypal wise, paypal will just throw the case away and side with the seller since it's not like this guy is out scamming, and assume it's probably buyers remorse or newb buyer who doesn't know what to expect.

This is what I expericenced when buying from EB a long time ago, even though there's a few of us who filed claim, and despite EB not responding at all to the resolution center. Paypal still side with EB, since with 10-15 claims, there's probably 400-500 successful transactions overall. That paypal will just favor the seller in this case.

anyone get the sideshow shipping soon notice for this? I hot the notice for the two other exclusives but not this one yet...

Sorry for reposting but
I read earlier that we should be expecting two week notices from SSC soon. This means that that will be our final warning whether or not we can cancel the order?

Because Im like 94.6 percent ready to cancel and am just waiting for a proper review for this before I do

Just cancel now, just by your doubt. Why buy a figure you are not happy with.

This looks like it'll be available at least till next month. Not too many sales here or eBay apparently.

I'm a big fan of the TDK trilogy, but i don't have problem skipping this joker.
Just a rehash of an existing figure with a (rehashed)high pricetag:mad:

I don't have the first Bank Robber, so I was looking forward to a 2.0. But the fact that you don't get a second head with slicked-back hair and a removable mask, not to mention other preorders coming out soon, makes this a pass for me.

Is your ultimate BR pose the street scene where hes holdig the mask?

Even if you intend to pose it like that, his hair wasnt slicked back before he put on the mask which makes that pose redundant.

You could always buy the spare rubber mask, im sure there are quitr a few on ebay.

Even though it was a pain to get on and off, and that it looked too big on his head, I think the decision to go with a separate mask was what made the first BRJ a classic.

I think for the price, they could have given us a new head sculpt appropriate to the scene, either head down on the street corner or as he's addressing William Fichtner, a sculpted mask head and a spare mask. Forget the base, the backdrop and the purple rag/string combo.

It's all a wash anyway, I've got too many other things coming. I'm holding out hope for a DX 3.0 with his classic purple outfit.

I think their decision to do the sculpted mask is probably because its impossible to provide a thin enough rubber mask that will fit on the head without making the head looks like a bobble head and also durable, and doesnt tear or break in a few months time.

I prefer this as I hope to enjoy this for a long time - not something that will crack or deteriorate in a few months or 1-2 years.

Did you missed out on the DX 11 2.0?

I also think Hot Toys wanted to "protect" the collectible nature of the first release by not including a new and improved head sculpt and a separate mask.

Man, I missed out on everything! I just got my first Hot Toys, the Christopher Reeve Superman. The first of, hopefully, many.

Back