1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the pics, the masked head still looks too big.

Back when the V1 was cheap on the secondary market, I bought two extra Bozo clown masks for mine. I cut the elastic off one of them and it fit like a glove. It looked just as good if not better than this release where the mask is permanently fused to the head.

On this one it's still too big, ears and all.

I dunno, I think this one is more realistic looking - if we are talking bout stock figures. With the weathered paint and stuff. Cant wait to receive this guy so my collection will be 1 step away from perfect!

:lol

Still need a Ra's and Two face, hopefully we'll get both of em next year, which is a long shot, considering they'd be full on Avengers mode next year and BvsS the next next year, that I dont think they'd do anymore figures on the Nolanverse.

Even though it was a pain to get on and off, and that it looked too big on his head, I think the decision to go with a separate mask was what made the first BRJ a classic.

I think for the price, they could have given us a new head sculpt appropriate to the scene, either head down on the street corner or as he's addressing William Fichtner, a sculpted mask head and a spare mask. Forget the base, the backdrop and the purple rag/string combo.

It's all a wash anyway, I've got too many other things coming. I'm holding out hope for a DX 3.0 with his classic purple outfit.

I just realized that the most recent releases of HT had people complain bout reuse of HS and accessories, but judging from the pics and orders Im guessing its still business as usual and orders pouring in for HT.

I think the future releases is more bout rehashes and what they can use to recycle if its any indication, and at that time - Joker DX 21 3.0; if you must :lol

will probably have folks looking back at this period of time and go:

"man, did you remember the summer of 2014 when they release the BR Joker 2.0? at least we got a new head sculpt and improved outfit plus that purple cloth thing add on, that was sweet wasnt it? Good old times...

Now all we got was a reuse of the DX 11 head, with the DX0 purple material jacket (not fuzzy bathroom one) with grenade rigs, a pack of cards, a dollar bill and a big base and thats it; no weapons, knives, an extra sets of hands! and just to shove it to the fans, they didnt even add the socks no more for us to ***** bout the inaccuracies, all for the cost of $599 not including tax and shipping."

Then you'll still have new collectors, chiming in with "**** this release, Ima wait for DX 4.0, hopefully it'll come with more stuffs" :lol

I think the future releases is more bout rehashes and what they can use to recycle if its any indication, and at that time - Joker DX 21 3.0; if you must :lol

I think Hot Toys knows exactly what it's doing. For all the flak it gets, it still manages to amaze, astound and stupefy us, as evidenced by all of its offerings at SDCC 2014.

Just wait, coming in 2018, just in time for the 10th anniversary of The Dark Knight, DX21 Joker 3.0! Hopefully, Hot Toys will address all of the issues that arose with it's first two releases, socks, jacket material, everything.

And I'd definitely love to see the following alternate headsculpt. I'd even like to see them take a swing at rooted hair. They could even add hair to his forearms, I don't think 1.0 or 2.0 had that.

This is classic Ledger Joker, securely tucked away behind bars and he's the one in total control.

Joker-clap-clap-clap.jpg

Or how about this one?

headoutwindow.jpg

Back then when they offered DX01, I can see that they were sincere in offering the ultimate collector set, the be all end all in 1 package. But now, I dont see that to be the case here. Now its more like, lets separate and make as many versions as possible, by mix matching and recycling old stuffs. Which still proves to be quite a popular trend that new comers swallow and buy despite complaining along the way.

If this trend continues, by the end of DX 21 3.0, we are lucky to be getting half to what we are getting now. Just look at DX01 set and DX11 set and you know what I mean.

Just saw that Mark 3 ex that came with the 'reuse' of the 'Tony Stark has a heart' box just went to WL in like a day or so like Marty ex.

That set came with a blurred out Tony head which will prolly be a reuse of the head that they used recently for the armor test, mechanic, Mark VII BD, Rose Hill etc.

Wont surprise me if they start releasing Joker DX21 set with a blurred out head, but the focus on the fact that the jacket use the DX01 material and the grenade patch on it, with the exclusive item 'Bozo' BR mask. All collectors will go crazy and it will prolly go on WL in less than a day like Marty and Mark 3 ex.

MK III? Check. Bank Robber Joker? Check. C'mon, Don Corleone; show me the money! Or, rather, show me the figure and I'll show you my money, Howard.

I have been collecting HT's since they released their first Batman Begins figure and back then it had a limited edition run of around 1,000. I still have the certificate somewhere. The prices of these figures steadily goes up each year. HT's has been re-hashing it's figures for years. There is nothing new here. We have been voicing our dislike of this for years and yet they will continue to do this until we make our voices heard with our wallets. People will keep buying and HT's will keep making money. Buy it or don't. Even if a small number of people buy this, due to the increased price and reuse of pieces, HT's will still make money on this figure.

I have been collecting HT's since they released their first Batman Begins figure and back then it had a limited edition run of around 1,000. I still have the certificate somewhere. The prices of these figures steadily goes up each year. HT's has been re-hashing it's figures for years. There is nothing new here. We have been voicing our dislike of this for years and yet they will continue to do this until we make our voices heard with our wallets. People will keep buying and HT's will keep making money. Buy it or don't. Even if a small number of people buy this, due to the increased price and reuse of pieces, HT's will still make money on this figure.

This figure is greatly priced, lots of value for the money. What are you talking about? Plus it's Heath. And Nolan.

Still plenty available at SS. Noticed shipping to me would be $18 also. Nearly $300 for this if I were to order. :lol

Back