1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this figure needed a 2.0 honestly. I just look at it as another greedy cash grab by HT. There's how many jokers now? I've lost count... and the one version every one wants (nurse version) we can't seem to get.

What I find hilarious about that rumor that Heaths estate doesn't want him in drag in a nurse outfit is ridiculous seeing he played a homosexual Cowboy a few movies earlier. Heath Ledger committed suicide over dosing on pain killers and they treat him as he was the Pope. I still see River Phoenix figures, Brandon Lee, and others that died a tragic death....

What I find hilarious about that rumor that Heaths estate doesn't want him in drag in a nurse outfit is ridiculous seeing he played a homosexual Cowboy a few movies earlier. Heath Ledger committed suicide over dosing on pain killers and they treat him as he was the Pope. I still see River Phoenix figures, Brandon Lee, and others that died a tragic death....

I thought it was an accidental over-dose?

I agree but what improvements would u suggest? I don't think the head sculpt is important since he had the mask on 90% of the time in that scene.

Speaking as someone who's a big Ledger Joker fan, I personally would have loved to see a likeness that looks like his face when he says his "Stranger"

I-believe-whatever-doesn-t-kill-you-simply-makes-you-stranger-the-joker-10907690-2340-1478.jpg

I thought it was an accidental over-dose?

I heard it was accidental directly from Eric Roberts a couple weeks ago. He also said the rumours of Ledger being far too in character were untrue. He was a normal, pleasant guy on set.

The one thing that could have been improved on this was the sculpt as I already mentioned. A look that's reminiscent of the reveal moment would be ideal.

Mm...yes, because the pope is such an outstanding role model, you know, protecting pedophiles, laundering mafia money from drugs and prostitution, blatantly lying to people about a fictitious all-powerful entity...et cetera...great role model indeed.

At least get you facts straight, Ledger died from an accidental overdose.

Mm...yes, because the pope is such an outstanding role model, you know, protecting pedophiles, laundering mafia money from drugs and prostitution, blatantly lying to people about a fictitious all-powerful entity...et cetera...great role model indeed.

At least get you facts straight, Ledger died from an accidental overdose.

Man you guys are so sensitive about Heath's death, obviously you haven't spent much time around drug addicts. They are self destructive and have no regard for anything but the next high.
An addiction is defined as a dependence upon a particular substance in order to function. In the clinical sense of the term, the addiction must be harmful to the overall health of the addict.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine. We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

He poisoned himself, just as if someone drank a gallon of bleach therefor it is Suicide, accidental or not. People tend to get infatuated and obsessed with movie stars like they are " all important" . There are hundreds of world changing individuals dying everyday , yet we immortalize and idolize a drug addicted actor.

Speaking as someone who's a big Ledger Joker fan, I personally would have loved to see a likeness that looks like his face when he says his "Stranger"

View attachment 118683

Ok I take it back, despite that you only see his face for a few seconds in this scene, I guess another head sculpt where the mask can attach to would be an improvement, since the other Bank Robber masked head was too cartoony looking and that part of the scene is a rememberable part of the movie. Maybe then this figure would warrant a purchase. :dunno

So they are basically releasing the same figure with a slightly better re paint ? am I missing something ?

And still the wrong colour shirt ?

confused.com

Ledger died from an overdose yes, but River Phoenix's death was essentially caused by drug abuse too and yet you define his death as tragic? Okay then, no hypocrisy there at all.

Sorry it was my opinion I take it all back Heath Ledger was so awesome he was the best Joker there ever was and will be. He was a brilliant actor and loving individual . Who am I to criticize him I am but a nobody on a action figure message board. I am so sorry to all his faithful followers, I will repent my sins.

People often get insensitive and mean spirited when it comes to drug addicts, or people that die doing things like sky diving etc.

"Whelp, he knew the risk. **** him."

I'd like to open up that closet of theirs and see all skeletons and ugly things they get up to. Maybe if they did some serious self evaluation they'd be less likely to jump on that high horse of theirs. Eh, what am I talkin' about, they would anyway.

Is this bad paint on the mouth or bad sculpting? Because that looks terrible.

Mouth looks A LOT better on the JC Hong repaint

I still think the repaint should be clean makeup like in the scene though.

It's the paint. There's just too much red on the mouth. It looks like he got into a jar of strawberry jam. Might be a little much with the scar deformity too.

The new prototype repaint looks like it has it too though, just not as much on the side cheek scars.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Well im waiting for them to put it for display at secret base or toy hunters, I wanna see it in hand before making a decision on this guy. I might still pre order it if it will be coming after the armory. I had to sold my bane and since I got a second chance on batman I will need the joker to put him along side.

It's the paint. There's just too much red on the mouth. It looks like he got into a jar of strawberry jam. Might be a little much with the scar deformity too.

The new prototype repaint looks like it has it too though, just not as much on the side cheek scars.

View attachment 118702
View attachment 118703

What do you think of the actual sculpt? Do you think it's a good sculpt?

Back