1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - official pics

I'm not. I don't see the point in it. And I find it just utterly bizarre what they have done with the head sculpt?
I actually think the original looks better. I'm very confused with this...

That's because the original was more true to the bank robbing scene in terms of the slicker hair and more importantly - the makeup. In the beginning of the film, the Joker's makeup was relatively clean. This Toy Fair version looks more like the jailhouse scene. Good for customizers but for those wanting an accurate Bank Robber Joker, this one is not scene accurate.

I don't own a BR Joker, wouldn't mind having one, but his sculpt has to be scene accurate for me to justify paying $220+. It does indeed look like Hot Toys is cutting corners using a modified DX11 sculpt for a BR Joker. Much like evil Supes from last year. Tough call right now for me, but I don't want to spend that kind of money and try to convince myself it's a figure I know that wasn't designed specifically for that opening scene.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

They will sell buckets of these.
Minimum effort, maximum profit.

It's Ledger Joker. I don't think they can wrong. Doesn't matter what it is.

Your right on the money Rory. It's exactly that kind of demand that has HT flooding the market with Iron Mans and Jokers. Thankfully we sometimes get those one of a kinds from them, like the Crow. That one was a pleasant surprise for me. I thought Enterbay could fill that void but unfortunately they just do NBA figures now.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Was really excited having missed first BRJ. This is an easy pass at what it's going to cost. Maybe if it sits on shelf and drops to ridiculous low price, DX11 will remain the sole representation of the Joker on my shelf.

I think a Harvey Dent 2.0 would've have went to wait list day 1. Way to screw the pooch on this one, Hot Toys.

It's not a DX 11 sculpt! It's the original G from 2008/2009.

Sorry, my bad. From my iPad mini looks similar. Got old man eyes. Was the makeup also worn down like the original?

Is the mask permanently fixed to the second head sculpt? Or are they doing that because they don't want to reveal it yet? If it's glued on.... I am gonna be upset and quite possibly pass.

I've got the original and prefer to display him with the slicked back hair head, so there would be no point in me buying this.

It literally looks no different than the 08 release. They could have done something different with it. Great job HT.

Will this one come with a watch btw?

Nope, no watch. You get a knife though!

Just got the specs if you wanna update it Pirate.

MMS 249 The 1/6th scale The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) Collectible Figure specially features:

- Newly painted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, make-up and skin texture
- One (1) interchangeable Bozo mask head sculpt with scuff marks
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:
- One (1) pair for holding gun
- One (1) left palm for holding The Joker cards
- One (1) right palm for holding knife
- Two (2) right and one (1) left posing palms
- One (1) left relaxed palm
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) pale light blue and patterned shirt
- One (1) grey blazer
- One (1) pair of grey pants
- One (1) pair of brown shoes

Weapons:
- One (1) pistol
- One (1) shotgun
- One (1) switchblade
- Four (4) smoke grenades
- Six (6) grenades
- Six (6) round grenades

Accessories:
- One (1) light blue duffle bag with grenade rack
- One (1) stack of Joker cards
- One (1) stack of dollar bills
- One (1) diamond shaped figure stand with The Joker nameplate, movie logo, and bank heist school bus backdrop

It'll be $216 (HKD 1,680). Almost $80 more than the original release.

Last edited:

So no way to pose him just holding the mask? The one pose I want to do is the street corner and it has no mask. What a waste.

Will this one come with a watch btw?

No they must have over looked that detail. But they did catch the detail where they no longer have to include the belt, lucky us! :yess:

That backdrop looks like crap too. Reminds me of the poorly done City Hall steps on DX 14 Mime Joker.

Who would use that? It's a blurry screen cap that's frozen at the point where the Bus Driver rams through the wall.
(...)

Think the backdrop it comes with really is a still directly from the movie, probably from original source material as full HD usually isn't enough for printing such a size. If I remember correctly the scene was blurry at this point. Think it's ... well ... okay for a backdrop.

Anyway if somebody wouldn't wanna get this figure just because the backdrop I think I could help out:

c0cf7c54bcdbca767bb41e40c8e61847.jpg

Made this a while back from many different parts and in high quality. Would still need to finish it but I didn't remember I was that far with it already. :lol Could make a suitable backdrop for the base this figure will come with or for a Detolf for example.

Nope, no watch. You get a knife though!

Just got the specs if you wanna update it (...)

Sure and thanks! Were did you find them if I may ask?

If I saw just that last week, I'd say it was the original version without a single change. It's literally identical.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Crazy stuff.

can we pre order it if you dont have HT card thing?

Anyone here who DOESN'T have the version 1 who is going to buy this? Can't see any reason why someone who does have V1 would really be interested in this.

Back