1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - official pics

The headsculpt isn't as good as the Joker 2.0. Not a bad sculpt at all... but still not perfect.

I started this hobby with V1, thinking about ending it with V2 just for ****s and giggles.

R u guys gettin this, Rory and difab?

I'm not. I don't see the point in it. And I find it just utterly bizarre what they have done with the head sculpt?
I actually think the original looks better. I'm very confused with this...

Very underwhelming. I really thought they'd give us a new sculpt. Look like all they did was get rid of the squiggly hairline. I like new tray for the smoke grenades, but man this is lame.

Money saved for me.

I actually like the relatively frumpy tailoring of my V1 compared to this one. I don't mind that having a removable mask makes it's head look bigger than the 2.0 either. I've got a shotgun with the DX11 if I'm ever inclined to display Bank Robber with this weapon (which I'm not, he's always going to be holding the glock). I don't really care for the backdrop or the purple string attached to the smoke grenade. That feature would only be interesting to me if there was a bank manager to display him with.

I'm glad for everyone who doesn't have a V1 and wants the chance to get a close enough figure for less than eBay rates. To those that were worried that they wouldn't be able to flip their V1, I think it's still got a lot of appeal that the V2 doesn't. But at this point, I wouldn't sell it anyway.

They slapped on some new paint. I think the reason why the original looks better is because it had more life and character in the eyes. The one on the original were looking up to the left and were brown. These are downwards more and have light grey circles. Reminds me of those customs that one guy did with the beautiful stylized paint job, but with piercing blue eyes.
Yup. What's crazy is they haven't even bothered to futz pose him properly in some of the shots.
Definite pass from me.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Wow. I figured it would be a basic repaint not much else but this is even less than expected. It looks like they used the Dx11 head sculpt and added a few accessories......easy pass.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Wow. I figured it would be a basic repaint not much else but this is even less than expected. It looks like they used the Dx11 head sculpt and added a few accessories......easy pass.

It's the original Bank Robber sculpt with new hairline... looks nothing like the DX11, man!

MMS 02 Terminator was my first Hot Toys, and V1 Joker was my second. I remember getting V1 around Christmas of '08 with the sole intention of popping the head off and putting the Bank Robber head on. Remember when all those neck rings were breaking on the reg. portrait?

I bought 2 new Two-Face figures from Joe at $75 each literally a week before he went AWOL on here. I crapped my pants when people said that he took their money and feared the worst. Then I got my package in the mail and breathed a sigh of relief.

Nope.

First Hot Toys Ledger Joker I've ever passed on. I *might* pick up a few loose doo dads here and there when it's inevitably parted out.

That's a really good price. They are worth bout what, $400-$500 now? At least before the inevitable 2.0 ver. Which part are you on the hunt for? I'm sure the bozo sculpt is gonna be hard to get

This is even lamer, it's the 08-09 Bank robber joker head :lol

So it pretty much looks just like the first figure. :lol

Pretty confused about this release. First of all happy for everybody who get's a second chance!
But since I prefer the street corner look and don't really see the improvements I would have hoped for, I think I might pass this.
Didn't think I would before. :dunno

Pretty confused about this release. First of all happy for everybody who get's a second chance!
But since I prefer the street corner look and don't really see the improvements I would have hoped for, I think I might pass this.
Didn't think I would before. :dunno

Give it a while to sink in. Pretty sure it'll be sell out better than evil supes. :lol

It's actually the original Bank Robber headsculpt from 5 years ago.

It's the original Bank Robber sculpt with new hairline... looks nothing like the DX11, man!

Ok.... I learned two new things 1) even worse than I thought. 2) I don't know my Ledger sculpts :yess:

Give it a while to sink in. Pretty sure it'll be sell out better than evil supes. :lol

No doubt it'll sell at least since many still miss a BR Joker in their collection. But I'm sure they could have sold more if this was more of an improvement, I like the new Bag's interior though. It also looks like they made this set to be different compared to the first version in general, so that the first version with the unattached mask doesn't loose much of it's value now, which is something I really appreciate! Still on the fence...

EDIT: Pretty curious if we'll see other Dark Knight related things they have in the pipeline on the fairs btw, both further developed things maybe like the TDKR armory or the Bat-Signal. I mean like somebody posted before, these TF exclusives are kind of like figures that are dropped in as a surprise and it doesn't mean there can't be other interesting regular releases to be shown.

They will sell buckets of these.
Minimum effort, maximum profit.

It's Ledger Joker. I don't think they can wrong. Doesn't matter what it is.

This calls for a BRJ 3.0. Hopefully that would be perfect.

You never know, this could very well be the first Ledger Joker doll to actually sit at retail along the likes of Bruce Willis, Cap, Evil Supes, etc.

Imagine if there comes a point where Sideshow is literally giving these away for free like they did with Angelica! :lol

For a while, the BR robber joker and two face was a shelf warmer and wasn't selling at all at $130-140. It wasn't after TDKR that the demand on those skyrocket to bout $400-500. But I kinda doubt this will sit that long, there's just too many HT collector now than there was back then, and they'll buy any joker or ironman HT release.

Last edited:

Wow, piss poor effort by HT. I'm sorry but it really was. Easy pass (in fact, pass on all their exclusives this year).

Back