1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** me sideways... HT is just shameful anymore. Yeah, I get that some aspects of the BRJ will be upgrades, but seriously another f'n Joker? And not a single Nurse in the lot :huh Next I guess they'll have an exclusive of the cop Joker with "new improved paint technique and realistic accessory."

I guess this is the lasting "joke" from TDK :lol

Prepare for the nolanbros.

I will gladly pick this version of the Bank robber Joker . I missed out on the first version . I am excited

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

it should be again introduced several different versions of the clown shape, so we'll once again this representative role which launched into the DX series.
[/I]

Several different versions. Joker 3.0, 4.0 etc. isn't really a joke anymore. :lol

Oh, and HT is big enough now can't they find someone to translate their interviews better than that crap above. For god sakes ,man. :lol

**** me sideways... HT is just shameful anymore. Yeah, I get that some aspects of the BRJ will be upgrades, but seriously another f'n Joker? And not a single Nurse in the lot :huh Next I guess they'll have an exclusive of the cop Joker with "new improved paint technique and realistic accessory."

Reported for not sucking Hot Toys peepee.

With all the back and forth discussion on this release the first thing that entered my mind upon seeing the pics was that HT has again given their figure a HUGE base, could they cut this crap out and just give us the original and best crotch grabbers. Or give us both at least? It drives me crazy that theses newer stands take up so much damn room. :gah:

I never got the original so I was really pumped for this one but the 'can't pose him like on the street corner' is a blow and like many have said it doesn't' seem that much of an improvement over its geriatric original release.

But sure enough HT will probably get my money for him, I'm a sucker for sure. :slap

Will he be available to the UK retailers?

It doesn't really look that upgraded from the first one to me, actually. He's got a purple string and a head with non-removable mask, but I personally think the slicked back hair and option to hold the mask of the version 1 is better, personally.

I didn't realize we were getting the full reveal the next day.

It's a shame they didn't give us an updated sculpt instead of just a repaint. I hope the clothes are at least new and better fitted, and I'm I like that the mask is sculpted since the previous one would get marks on it from the face.

Background makes no sense. It's like posing a figure in front of a picture of an oncoming train.

I will finally get a Joker now. Wanted the original DX but came too late in the game. Had no desire for DX 2.0. So this may be the one.

Tap'd from my LG G2

I'm surprised that they are using the same sculpt as the one used 7 years ago or whatever. If the production paint apps are really good though, I might actually buy this for the head to replace my DX version!

I like my old one better. I will probably just part it out and keep some pieces, like the head sculpt. Wish we got a smiley face.

I'm surprised that they are using the same sculpt as the one used 7 years ago or whatever. If the production paint apps are really good though, I might actually buy this for the head to replace my DX version!

Think it's not the completely same sculpt, at least the hairline and hair itself have been resculpted much finer:

10514548_10152162505432344_3240694535936774587_n.jpg

3015024298_0143e77f45_z.jpg

Man that backdrop is lame. Why not use the street corner or interior bank background?

:wink1:

Think the backdrop it comes with really is a still directly from the movie, probably from original source material as full HD usually isn't enough for printing such a size. If I remember correctly the scene was blurry at this point. Think it's ... well ... okay for a backdrop.

Anyway if somebody wouldn't wanna get this figure just because the backdrop I think I could help out:

c0cf7c54bcdbca767bb41e40c8e61847.jpg

Made this a while back from many different parts and in high quality. Would still need to finish it but I didn't remember I was that far with it already. :lol Could make a suitable backdrop for the base this figure will come with or for a Detolf for example.

That's a pretty bad shot of the original, but it does look like they massaged that seam a bit. Having said that, the prototype Hong repainted before had a nice hairline, too, and really seems to be the basis for what they're doing here:

JChong_repaintedJoker_04.jpg

I also like the bag with the grenades. It looks more accurate. I would update mine with that. Maybe save the head for another one of my Joker figures.

Back