1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

It's better than saying playing I guess, I use that excuse with my wife's friends because they are so judge mental and tell me I am baby boy still

"Blehh, he still plays with Barbie dolls, your husband, what a loser"

Better than their husbands who plays with 'girls' and Strip club visits and booze?

:lol

Thats what I tell my wife, and she'll usually am glad that this is how I choose to spend my time and hobby :lol

It's hard to find a good pose :impatient:

14696962859_04fe29a631_b.jpg

14860671066_b98e81bcc4_b.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

Better than their husbands who plays with 'girls' and Strip club visits and booze?

Thats what I tell my wife, and she'll usually am glad that this is how I choose to spend my time and hobby :lol

I thought it was considered normal for adults in Asian countries to collect action figures anyway?

Last edited:

My wife tells all her single friends that they need to find a nerd to marry. The worst you'll have to deal with is a shelf of man dolls and comic books or something. .

I thought it was considered normal for adults in Asian countries to collect action figures anyway?

Not really. I mean I have bout say 40-50 cousins and none of em collect stuffs like me. Maybe 4-5 of em did during our teenage years, but they don't now.

My wife tells all her single friends that they need to find a nerd to marry. The worst you'll have to deal with is a shelf of man dolls and comic books or something. .

That's cool. This is maybe one of the few places where it's cool to be nerds. :lol

Not really. I mean I have bout say 40-50 cousins and none of em collect stuffs like me. Maybe 4-5 of em did during our teenage years, but they don't now.

Hmm that's interesting, they seem to be quite popular going by the pictures of events that I have seen on Hot Toys facebook. I think Neny Dee mentioned that the police had to be called in to block off a street because there were too many people lining up for that Hot Toys Midas Iron Man figure. I doubt u would see that happening in western countries for a toy. But you are saying it is still not the norm and only a certain group in Asia collect this stuff?

That's cool. This is maybe one of the few places where it's cool to be nerds. :lol

It's the only place I know other than comic stores and some facebook sites where I can meet fellow nerds. :eek:

Last edited:

Hmm that's interesting, they seem to be quite popular going by the pictures of events that I have seen on Hot Toys facebook. I think Neny Dee mentioned that the police had to be called in to block off a street because there were too many people lining up for that Hot Toys Midas Iron Man figure. I doubt u would see that happening in western countries for a toy. But you are saying it is still not the norm and only a certain group in Asia collect this stuff?

It's the only place I know other than comic stores and some facebook sites where I can meet fellow nerds. :eek:

Same thing as to when there's sneaker release for air Jordan's or supreme clothing stuffs - cops etc were involved as well in the us. :lol

I think there are nerds everywhere man. :lol

After reading the recent Howard Chan interview (specifically questions related to Smooth Criminal and X-Men), I now have stronger reasons to believe that either Mr. Ledger's family or the studios (probably a mixture of both) has a stronger say in what figures get done. Hence the higher license fees causing Hot Toys to raise the price in order to make the figure profitable.

Doubt it. Didn't happen in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 etc.

The only say they may have (along with Nolan) is no Nurse Joker. That's it. Ledger wasn't Nicholson, he wasn't getting a cut from his likeness or merchandise, so neither would his family. Ledger signed over just like Bale, Eckhart, Hardy, Hathaway, etc. their deal was in the licensing. Mattel, NECA, Enterbay and other toy companies made Ledger Joker without charging more, so that can't be true.

There can't be any civil suit, the actors signed an agreement for the sole purpose of merchandise crap to be made from the iconic characters they portrayed. They can't just say "you can't use my face, if you do, we're charging more" one day after signing it off, that's up to Warner Bros. WB can't dictate what Sideshow Collectibles charge for their distributed toys. Hot Toys paid for _____ years, that's it. The only time Warners would demand more is if Hot Toys' licensing rights expired. Considering how long they've made Begins product, I doubt Dark Knight has ended recently at just 6 years.

Last edited:
what was wrong with the smiling head ? ..who care about the background diorama...the shotgun..
would have been great if the head with the mask had at least added pers system..
the price could be justified ..
eaaaaasy pass...

still in love with my..jokers

2ryj2vs.jpg

Doubt it. Didn't happen in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 etc.

The only say they may have (along with Nolan) is no Nurse Joker. That's it. Ledger wasn't Nicholson, he wasn't getting a cut from his likeness or merchandise, so neither would his family. Ledger signed over just like Bale, Eckhart, Hardy, Hathaway, etc. their deal was in the licensing. Mattel, NECA, Enterbay and other toy companies made Ledger Joker without charging more, so that can't be true.

There can't be any civil suit, the actors signed an agreement for the sole purpose of merchandise crap to made from the iconic characters they portrayed. They can't just say "you can't use my face" one day after signing it off, that's up to Warner Bros.

The original agreement was most likely made prior to Mr. Ledger's passing. Unfortunately, due to his untimely death, it has only heightened the popularity his portrayal of the Joker.

And we're not sure who inherited control over his likeness.

Back