1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

Noooo! I'm still playing catch up since I'm a newer collector. Now I gotta add this to my list already consisting of DX11, Bane, and Catwoman. THEN, my TDK collection will be complete. I hope...

Well unless you plan on being an absolute completionist, this is good news for you. It will most likely greatly hurt the original's secondary prices, so you will get to choose which version you'd prefer in your collection for a much more reasonable price than you would have paid on eBay last week.

Everyone who wants one, will get one. HT's distribution and production have multipled quite a lot these days.

Yup. I remember being ready to go at my keyboard when the 2011 Begins figure was going to go on sale. Refresh, refresh, refresh, GOT ONE!!!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!! Three days later it's still available? Oh.

Basically, Hot Toys had it in development and planned. They went to get the ok, but Nolan and the license holders wouldn't grant it because they're ****hurt and somehow think a Ledger figure isn't in good taste. Maybe they don't want a commercial product of him resembling a dude in drag? Maybe they think a cross dressing doll is inappropriate to his memory? Who knows.

Bottom line is, all these toy companies would love to capitalize on that look, but for whatever reason, can't.

If that's the case, Nolan's group obviously doesn't understand that collectors are serious about making that figure a part of their collection, it's not a joke (no pun intended).

(...)

Yup. I remember being ready to go at my keyboard when the 2011 Begins figure was going to go on sale. Refresh, refresh, refresh, GOT ONE!!!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!! Three days later it's still available? Oh.

That somehow sounds familiar. :lol

Last edited:

Would've preferred ANYTHING over this. Talia, Blake, the Hockey pads cop.

I guess we found what their "next" Joker they were hinting as. Hope they stop for a while.

WTF! It's Toy Fair batman all over again.

This figure only costed $150 back in the day (with some people selling it for $100)... wonder what the prices will be on sideshow.

Yea looks pretty close if not exact, suit and shirt barley look any different. Only thing that seems different is that the masked head is it's own sculpt.

It looks to be more accurate in that sense but if you want to have him with the mask up or off holding it, not looking to good unless there is a sculpt under the mask they ain't showing.

I have the Robber Joker 1.0 and it has 2 heads plus a mask. This one has one real head sculpt (and it seems to be just a repaint) and a masked head. Only obvious upgrade is the inside of the bag with better detailed stuff inside. I am glad that I have kept my Robber 1.0 that I paid only $100 for at that time! Only Iron Man MK20 for me this round (I suck, I am an Iron Man completist...)

Missed out on the 1st one so i will be picking this one up. Probably get a second body to display both HS. On the fence with IM.

It's Up. And it looks exactly the same as the last one pretty much. LAZY hot Toys.

Couldn't they give us a new sculpt? That "whatever doesn't kill you" grin would've been perfect.

They didn't update anything, they threw in the shotgun but we already have that with the DX 2.0

They just updated the hair line so it doesn't look plugged in like 1.0 and DX01... and I guess it will have better paint. But I don't like this sculpt anyways anymore.

Back