1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The direction they are facing is to the right, which is the same as Hong's repaint but unlike the Hong repaint the eyes are looking up on the 2.0 just like they did with the Version 1.

Maybe these other pics below can explain it better. Notice how on Hong's repaint there is no white underneath the Iris on both eyes and thus, both eyes are not looking up unlike the 2.0.

It has nothing to do whether u see it in hand or not. The eyes on the 2.0 are a mirror image of the eyes on version 1. It bothers me because you won't be able to see the eyes fully unless you tilt the head down, which evidently is what that guy on the Toy's Daily forum has done in all his pics.

Yeah the repaint doesn't really help the sculpt overall except on certain angles IMO.

There's a softness and wetness (giggity) that mimics the effect of paint on skin. Especially around the mouth and eye area, as if sweat and tears caused the black paint to drip. To be honest I was very aware this was done by a master painter and we would not see it from a production piece. But if we managed to AT LEAST get a well painted eye, with proper gloss and iris, it would add enough realism that we could "fool" ourselves into thinking this was somewhat similar to what JC hong produced. So yea, I can see the complaint about only seeing half the Iris instead of the full Iris. For me, the eyes add the realism.

So far from Jingobell's pictures I can see that they added some gloss to the eyeball. However, I still cannot tell whether the Iris of the eye has been improved, or whether its still just a light brown ball with a black dot in the middle. If the Iris is just a brown and black ball, then I'll save my money for Marty Mcfly/Diecast Mark III.

Yeah - there is a mixture of wet and dry looking paints on that JC Hong repaint which give it the realism.

I think its disgusting that the 'new' headsculpt is simply the previous one being reused. HT have improved so much in the last six years - look at the jump between the MMS Arnie an the DX13 Arnie. Their battle damaged Robocop looks insane and yet they can't even be bothered to improved the Ledger sculpt after all this time. Just simply repaint it. It still has all the build up of red underneath the lips that was wrong the first time.

Ledger's face and Bale's chin are two things HT constantly get wrong.

Wasn't that HS originally intended to be a replacement for those not satisfied with:
hottoys%u00252520(6).jpg

..and the mask/other sculpt was intended for the, "Bank Robber" look. I thought I read that somewhere back when V! came out..

The main reason I dislike the figure is we will most likely never get a true 2.0, much like we will never get a Evil Supes. I would have bought both of those for the right price. I do like the box and bag a lot though, the paint on the explosives is nice. The sculpted masked head is nice albeit it looks a little large on the body.

Yeah - there is a mixture of wet and dry looking paints on that JC Hong repaint which give it the realism.

I think its disgusting that the 'new' headsculpt is simply the previous one being reused. HT have improved so much in the last six years - look at the jump between the MMS Arnie an the DX13 Arnie. Their battle damaged Robocop looks insane and yet they can't even be bothered to improved the Ledger sculpt after all this time. Just simply repaint it. It still has all the build up of red underneath the lips that was wrong the first time.

Ledger's face and Bale's chin are two things HT constantly get wrong.

See, this would have been an easy cash grab for HT. I don't think many are really bothered with the sculpt or the accessories. It's the price for what is essentially a second run of the first figure. There is nothing wrong with that, it's the feeling of not just trying to dig into customer's pockets again but the **** You ******* attitude. Whether that attitude was intended or not it is what comes across. You can't hide behind that this is more exclusive than any other figure. In the past you had to attend conventions to get these, so the price was accepted. Today these most likely have large runs with everyone having access to them.

This is not worth $400 plus. I don't understand why they keep revamping the Ledger HS, yet they still sculpt the hair the same way.

I bought a loose sculpted bank robber mask, pretty much the only piece I wanted. Would never display bank robber without the mask unless he has his back turned, like the opening shot

Noticed in OSR's pics that the money stack is still ones. Looks like the Joker pulled off a huge heist so he'd have plenty of singles at the strip club.

Cancelled my PO even though I'm sorry I sold my V1 last year. Too much other stuff on pre-order and the price really started bothering me. HT will probably bang out a few more Heath Joker's anyway before it's all said and done.

Back