1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on the first one and when I heard they were making an "improved" version I was really excited. I ordered it and used about $40.00 in rewards points and now that I've taken a closer look I'm starting to feel regret.

Is there any way to get your rewards points refunded or am I stuck?

I wish they would've painted his eyes looking foreword for this release.

Well from the proto pics we knew the eyes were always going to be painted sideways but going by the proto pics they were suppose to be painted directly sideways to the right like this pic below.

up_7.jpg

Instead all they have done is just paint the eyes in the opposite direction as the original with the eyes looking up again. :gah:

So once again you have to have the sculpt tilted down in order to see them again, which IMO defeats the purpose in repainting them in the first place. :thud:

The main selling point of this fig was that it would be similar to JC Hong's custom painted BR joker right? The paint work on the skin looks pretty average based on jingobell's pics. I guess I have to see whether the work on the eyes is good enough, so far the pics haven't provided close ups of the eye work.

The main selling point of this fig was that it would be similar to JC Hong's custom painted BR joker right? The paint work on the skin looks pretty average based on jingobell's pics.

As far as the direction the eyes were looking in, sadly this is not the case. :(

I guess I have to see whether the work on the eyes is good enough, so far the pics haven't provided close ups of the eye work.

This close enough for u?

U can tell its not the same as Hong's repaint as the eyes were looking directly sideways and not looking up at all.

Hongs.

Eye direction looks the same. Even if there were differences, it's minimal and won't be noticeable in hand. If you like that JC repaint, you'll like this one. (To me, that repaint and sculpt does nothing).

Eye direction looks the same.

The direction they are facing is to the right, which is the same as Hong's repaint but unlike the Hong repaint the eyes are looking up on the 2.0 just like they did with the Version 1.

Maybe these other pics below can explain it better. Notice how on Hong's repaint there is no white underneath the Iris on both eyes and thus, both eyes are not looking up unlike the 2.0.

Even if there were differences, it's minimal and won't be noticeable in hand.

It has nothing to do whether u see it in hand or not. The eyes on the 2.0 are a mirror image of the eyes on version 1. It bothers me because you won't be able to see the eyes fully unless you tilt the head down, which evidently is what that guy on the Toy's Daily forum has done in all his pics.

If you like that JC repaint, you'll like this one. (To me, that repaint and sculpt does nothing).

Yeah the repaint doesn't really help the sculpt overall except on certain angles IMO.

Last edited:
I missed out on the first one and when I heard they were making an "improved" version I was really excited. I ordered it and used about $40.00 in rewards points and now that I've taken a closer look I'm starting to feel regret.

Is there any way to get your rewards points refunded or am I stuck?

Once attached to a order, they are used. So, sadly, you are stuck.

Earlier in thread somebody mentioned mold under mask, or paint rubbing off on it with the V1. I checked mine last night, mask has been on over a year, no problems at all. Just to follow up.

ok canceled......

Think I preordered thinking this would be a great upgrade on the V1 turns out it a pile of poo with a massive price tag

I emailed timcent on eBay as he has this and he's always normally good with prices if your willing to paypal direct but he quoted me $399 - £237! Direct!
I had to laugh

I know I always used him, bought upwards of 12 hot toys of him all at good 1st release prices with great service. But this, this is more than the dx13. That's just mental?

SOME of his prices are fair. But he knows he can get away with the usual IM and Joker rape. But I'm assuming he believes this release will be as popular as previous ones. Even on OSR, as well as this board, I'd say the reception has been very, very bad, even from some diehard TDK collectors.

There's always exceptions of course, but I'm happy collector are actually canceling and letting HT know that we won't take ****. Now hurry up and release the 1/4 version of this guy.

I'd say im hardcore Nolan batman & I'm really disappointed with this. It's just a waste of everyone's time and the price point is what makes it stick in everyone's throat.
It's the greed and contempt for the customer that gets me.
There literally spitting on there fans Justin beiber style

Yeah. Release it at $189-199 and I would've even bought one as well! I "missed out" on the first one like many others, but this price is just downright insulting. "Missing out" does not equal taking it in the ass.

I hear its cheaper in HK, but still $30 too expensive IMO.

I had the first br joker and sold it after a long while, made a healthy profit too. Not intentionally just used eBay starting at 99p. Never liked any off the other jokers that were released but still bought them
All and subsequently sold them
All at a loss. The be joker was the best of a bad bunch

Back