1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, I went to check this guy on eBay, and the prices are pretty high. Wonder why?

Out of curiosity, I went to check this guy on eBay, and the prices are pretty high. Wonder why?
Well, first of all this guy is from one of the best MCU movies (the best imo but that's subjective) and it's the most badass look for Winter Soldier. In fact, it's the only real brainwashed Hydra Winter Soldier look and lets be honest, he's just more dangerous and badass that way than in CW or IW. So when I want a Winter Soldier figure (not Bucky but the Winter Soldier as in the guy who blew up Fury's car, scared Black Widow and made me appreciate the beauty of knife fighting techniques) I of course go for this look. Not to mention that he comes with so much stuff. Look at the CW or IW Bucky. A gun, one headsculpt... outfit ranges from boring to pretty neat. Now look at the TWS figure. ^^" Awesome outfit, 2 headsculpts, one with the muzzle, with goggles, 5 guns, 3 knives, 1 grenade launcher thingie... the best thing, you can store most of it on his body. :love

Well, first of all this guy is from one of the best MCU movies (the best imo but that's subjective) and it's the most badass look for Winter Soldier. In fact, it's the only real brainwashed Hydra Winter Soldier look and lets be honest, he's just more dangerous and badass that way than in CW or IW. So when I want a Winter Soldier figure (not Bucky but the Winter Soldier as in the guy who blew up Fury's car, scared Black Widow and made me appreciate the beauty of knife fighting techniques) I of course go for this look. Not to mention that he comes with so much stuff. Look at the CW or IW Bucky. A gun, one headsculpt... outfit ranges from boring to pretty neat. Now look at the TWS figure. ^^" Awesome outfit, 2 headsculpts, one with the muzzle, with goggles, 5 guns, 3 knives, 1 grenade launcher thingie... the best thing, you can store most of it on his body. :love

This, and most of the 10 year figs are way up - figure there are people like me picking up what they can for their collections before the MCU overturns. Not sure...but I know I just paid upmarket price for long-wanted Ultron Cap (beautiful fig). Very glad I have lots of Buckys both versions marked up, Falcon, etc. and really not that many on the 'bay.

Be interesting if HT releases figs from the Netflix series tho. I'd go for another Loki, SW, Bucky, and Falcon!

How is the paint app on the head sculpt compared to the paint apps on newer figures?

*Shrug* never noticed anything on TWS that bothered me - tho 1 head is a lot of mask, the other nice job with the eye black but sculpt needed work. CW Bucky IMO the paint was standard and one day I need to try eye shading; sculpt too generic.

Not that I don't own more than one of both. My fav MCU character. But portrait - wise, hoping 3rd time is the charm.

This is a fantastic figure. I really regret not collecting when this came out because the second hand version I ended up getting was a bit scuffed up (luckily it was a reasonable price).

What honestly stopped me from getting it before was the fact that there's no "clean" headscuplt. Once I decided I want a Winter Soldier figure AND a Bucky (clean sculpt), I needed this in my collection. As others said, the amount of accessories this comes with puts the other Bucky figures to shame. Love all the little knives and all the guns. The hair on the sculpt is better than expected.

Would love Hot Toys to revisit this figure with their current capabilities. It would be an easy buy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This, and most of the 10 year figs are way up - figure there are people like me picking up what they can for their collections before the MCU overturns. Not sure...but I know I just paid upmarket price for long-wanted Ultron Cap (beautiful fig). Very glad I have lots of Buckys both versions marked up, Falcon, etc. and really not that many on the 'bay.

Be interesting if HT releases figs from the Netflix series tho. I'd go for another Loki, SW, Bucky, and Falcon!

I'm finding myself doing this a bit, too.

I love this figure. It's still one of my favorites. It's from one of my very favorite MCU movies (still holds the record for how many times I've seen an MCU movie in theaters), and he's fully loaded and awesome looking. Once I get IW Bucky, I'll probably display the half mask sculpt on this figure. I'll never part with it.

How is the paint app on the head sculpt compared to the paint apps on newer figures?
Here, took some pics for you. :)

DSC_4413-5b.jpg

There are some stunning examples of rooted hair on this figure in this thread - Who do you contact to get such a thing done and does it cost crazy amounts of money??

hey guys, how are your mms241 winter soldiers holding up? I have this figure and it the "oldest" in my collection. The factory glue for one of the front straps has worn off and had to be reglued. I'm also nervous about bending his right arm/elbow because the arm crease on shirt is showing signs of wear.

I looked at mine last year. The right sleeve had a seam that had unglued. Had to put that back. I noticed one or two of the jacket buttons missing also. Good thing they give replacements. Basically you can't touch this guy haha

hey guys, how are your mms241 winter soldiers holding up? I have this figure and it the "oldest" in my collection. The factory glue for one of the front straps has worn off and had to be reglued. I'm also nervous about bending his right arm/elbow because the arm crease on shirt is showing signs of wear.

No complaints think mine are holding up great and that's after a body switch with CW Bucky and some pretty hard posing. HT uses cheap glue I have had to reglue figs right out of a box. I use reasonable care but I don't baby my figs either. As long as the dreaded pleather peeling doesn't show up I'm happy. But so far so good.

Mine hasn't fared too well either, though it's not horrendous. Most of the front buttons came off during posing (admittedly, I wasn't being super gentle), and one of the kneepads as well as the elbow strap on the right arm have come undone. The elbow strap came off again recently, and it took off the top layer of the pleather too. I have some pleather peeling at the collar (due to friction with the hair during posing), but that's thankfully the extent of the pleather damage.

Just unboxed mine after moving, and have discovered several issues.

• Button missing from one of the pouches.

• Chest harness strap came unglued.

• Strap above elbow on right arm came unglued.

• Pleather on right arm sleeve is peeling.

Another perplexing issue is that all the straps seem to be completely resistant to super glue. I have never experienced anything that resists super glue. What adhesive are you guys using for repairs? It would suck to have to sew these straps together.

All these issues are such a bummer, because this figure is one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back