1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some minor issues with it, but havent glued anything yet. I would use fabric glue, something that works with leather.

Agree - or use E6000 or the similar product from Gorilla Glue. E.g. these are more like epoxys vs. the hard-drying superglues.

Haven't run into peeling yet but a TWS Natasha for parts and the whole pleather part of costume peeled off. I'd probably try re-coating w. liquid rubber, fabric paint, or even acrylic paint. Or try vinyl repair kit.

Just unboxed mine after moving, and have discovered several issues.

• Button missing from one of the pouches.

• Chest harness strap came unglued.

• Strap above elbow on right arm came unglued.

• Pleather on right arm sleeve is peeling.

Another perplexing issue is that all the straps seem to be completely resistant to super glue. I have never experienced anything that resists super glue. What adhesive are you guys using for repairs? It would suck to have to sew these straps together.

All these issues are such a bummer, because this figure is one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may also want to try fabric glue. Worked great to fix Deadpool 1's kneepads.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Anybody taken the body apart? Can the arm be used on any other bodies? I went through a couple hundred posts and said to hell with it, I will just ask. Lol.

Swapped the original body for the infinity war body. Also padded the chest a little, removed the fat suit and cut the rubber undershirt to let the arms sit more naturally. The suit is superbly thick especially around the arms so doesn’t show off the shoulders as good as they can be but still stands staller and fits in better with AOU cap and Concept Art cap. Be great to taper in the waist a little more will look into it. Feels like a new figure!
d6511dcad25068907a3c70578d08b6cb.jpg
f58621ad7a3a8561e5172e13b6ca5665.jpg
a48370e387344767e098caf41fe2e328.jpg

Swapped the original body for the infinity war body. Also padded the chest a little, removed the fat suit and cut the rubber undershirt to let the arms sit more naturally. The suit is superbly thick especially around the arms so doesn’t show off the shoulders as good as they can be but still stands staller and fits in better with AOU cap and Concept Art cap. Be great to taper in the waist a little more will look into it. Feels like a new figure!
d6511dcad25068907a3c70578d08b6cb.jpg
f58621ad7a3a8561e5172e13b6ca5665.jpg
a48370e387344767e098caf41fe2e328.jpg

Good job but I think you posted in the wrong thread. This thread is for The Winter Soldier (Bucky)

Good job but I think you posted in the wrong thread. This thread is for The Winter Soldier (Bucky)

That Bucky is incredible tho - concept art version?

And re a question I've seen the CW arm sold separately - but I don't know how to dismantle an HT yet. I need to, I have a broken arm Cap fig (attachment to shoulder is a plastic plate that just broke and glue didn't work) - I dunno if it's worth fixing even, the plastic is aging got it used anyway. It's an old Steve Rogers fig that came w. the Stealth version.

Think the plastic needs to be replaced with a tiny metal L bracket, which IMO should have been used anyway.

Rewatching TWS, man this figure hold up being a bad ass. I own CW Bucky and should be getting IW Bucky this Monday. This is still my favorite version.

This is still my favorite look - the others are too barebones.

I have an IW Bucky head on mine, though, cause of the awesome Seb Stan likeness.

I recently got this figure and I love it. So many accessories and nice head sculpts! My only nitpick is that the right arm cannot come closer to the body.

I had to swap out the neck peg for a different one because the original didn't allow the IW head to sit right as there was a gap.

Here's a quick pick, no futzing. I'm super limited in messing with my figs, 'cause I broke my wrist. :slap

IMG_49621.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Josette! I hope your wrist heals quickly!
Did you swap the peg out for a shorter one? One of my bashed Bucky's head sits a bit too high, but shorter neck pegs don't seem all that commonplace.

Ah ****, I think I ****ed up this figure. I think when I put the masked sculpt on a while ago, the hole that the peg goes into shifted. When I tried shifting it back into place, a piece of it broke off. Now when I try to just put the peg in, it won't hold.

Any ideas?

Ah ****, I think I ****ed up this figure. I think when I put the masked sculpt on a while ago, the hole that the peg goes into shifted. When I tried shifting it back into place, a piece of it broke off. Now when I try to just put the peg in, it won't hold.

Any ideas?

Been told that poster or museum putty can take paint off but hasn't happened to me. Stuff like that or loose pegs I just stuff with putty. U could try building up layers with an epoxy like E-6000 if I get what issue is.

Not sure what you are describing but E-bay for neck and peg parts.

Back