1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*screams and runs around in circles with her arms thrown into the sky*
Looking good so far, damn I relly hope the likeness is good! *prays*

Not too fond of the skyscraper though coz that makes it more expensive and harder to display but ih well ... as long as the likeness is good and the rest is as spectacular as their AoU Cap, I'll find money and make room. ^^

Thanks for the heads-up btw! :3

I will take a hacksaw to that base. Watch me.

0ff2fc00ae7131b5f21639b6a6d8de8c.jpg

WIP of my hair rooting. Still need to cut it a bit and style it. Glad I finally decided to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks great! +1 for another awesome collector from Washington haha.

It looks great! +1 for another awesome collector from Washington haha.

IMO this looks incredible:clap. I don't have the nerve; but hope I can find a rooted hair sculpt down the line.

LOL am 1-2 years late I guess but just managed to acquire a near-mint WS - marked up, but not as bad as some prices:horror. No regrets - some few niggling issues like those buttons/studs and a few loose weapon clips - but overall, unbelievable fig. The work on the pants alone - amazing sculpts and paint job. Just wish I had gotten in at retail because I might have gotten two, if I could have.

Congrats on your purchase Sassafras! :3

WS truely is a great piece! He was my first HT and is still my fave. It's just so much fun posing him. I usually change his pose about once or twice a month and it's incredible how much I enjoy having these action figures now. *_* I too wish I could have bought a second WS ...

Congrats on your purchase Sassafras! :3

WS truely is a great piece! He was my first HT and is still my fave. It's just so much fun posing him. I usually change his pose about once or twice a month and it's incredible how much I enjoy having these action figures now. *_* I too wish I could have bought a second WS ...

Thank you:)! I haven't spent as much time with him as I want, because too true, how enjoyable it is working with this fig - right now my head is crammed w. display ideas and wanted accessories *pondering*. Can't even decide which head to use:lol. I keep coming back to having CA in between WS and the CW Bucky - which LOL I don't even have yet. Just happy the WS I purchased is pristine - it was amazing opening that box up!:blissy

And this WS - so many options:love. Spent a lot of time just looking the weapons and hands over. I'm gonna keep an eye out for an *affordable*:lol second WS because I like both portraits so much. Of course, that leads to having a second CA, for me. Probably. Eventually. $$$:horror

Thank you:)! I haven't spent as much time with him as I want, because too true, how enjoyable it is working with this fig - right now my head is crammed w. display ideas and wanted accessories *pondering*. Can't even decide which head to use:lol. I keep coming back to having CA in between WS and the CW Bucky - which LOL I don't even have yet. Just happy the WS I purchased is pristine - it was amazing opening that box up!:blissy

And this WS - so many options:love. Spent a lot of time just looking the weapons and hands over. I'm gonna keep an eye out for an *affordable*:lol second WS because I like both portraits so much. Of course, that leads to having a second CA, for me. Probably. Eventually. $$$:horror
Oh yeah, I totally feel ya. When I ordered my WS, I was set on displaying him with the mask. Then I received him and found that I couldn't for the life of me cover up that face and ultimately chose to display him with the warpaint. Once I get my CW Bucky, I'll change the head on my WS and finally have him with the mask. *_*

When I bought the WS, he was supposed to be my only HT figure so I didn't think much about display ideas. I just wanted to get that pose from the movie where he lands on that car and murder-struts towards the camera. Then there was that dilemma with the heads and me not being able to choose. Then I decided to get Cap so WS wouldn't be alone but ended up preordering both CW Cap and Bucky. I wanted to display CW Cap and Buck in a nice fighting pose together, or like that scene in the movie where Tony enters the silo. I would have put the WS in second row, kinda 'looming' in the background. Then I preordered Deadpool and wanted to add him, put him next to WS either in a similar badass pose, fangirling over WS or with his 'shocked' face. ^^ Anyway, with all of the HTs I got on preorder now or on my shelves, I think I'll just separate CW Cap and Buck from WS. Depending on how many HT I can fit in one Detolf shelf, they'll either be displayed with the rest of team Cap or just with Falcon. Who knows, maybe I'll also end up throwing them in a nice action display once I get Iron Man. *_*

Right now, my WS is displayed with civvie Steve and Wolverine and they will be joined by Deadpool and Punisher once the latter is out. :) Currently looks like this:

29412004464_29e6136388.jpg

I know Logan probably isn't too happy having to advertise someone elses movie instead of his own but there's no helping it. ^^'' Those steelbooks are too beautiful to just stash them away. Maybe I'll find a better way to display them but until then, that's it.

Ughhhhh :drool:drool:drool:drool I'm so jealous you have TWS steelbook :lol

I wanted it when it came out but it either wasn't released in NZ or they sold out before I could get it, I can't remember. I wanted the popcorn tin my local cinema had too :lol Never got that either :(

Cool display, looks great :clap :clap...and that Steelbook :drool:drool
Thank you!! :) I'm such a fan of these steelbooks, I really can't have enough of them. XD Although I limit myself to the Cap movies.
Ughhhhh :drool:drool:drool:drool I'm so jealous you have TWS steelbook :lol

I wanted it when it came out but it either wasn't released in NZ or they sold out before I could get it, I can't remember. I wanted the popcorn tin my local cinema had too :lol Never got that either :(
Oh but the regular edition is still available in stores, isn't it? I got it from Amazon about 2 months ago. It's a tad bit more expensive now but at least not anywhere near the prices for TFA, those are insane. I actually have 4 TWS steelbooks and a 5th on it's way. XD Here are the ones that don't fit my detolf.

29960518541_c3d665fba9.jpg

Call me crazy but first, I love that movie and second, those KimchiDVD exclusives are too ****ing beautiful to pass up on so I ended up getting all 3. XD The steelbook with WS on it is the KimchiDVD one. *_* Steve's on the front and damn, those things are so amazing. It's not just the steelbook itself but the fullslips are gorgeous with rainbow colours effect and they all come with a booklet and photo cards. :3

29749818760_acd5f629f9.jpg

The only TFA steelbook I got is the Blufans exclusive. They're all so expensive now, even the standard ones but I wanted that one coz it's got beautiful photo cards, the steelbook with the shield on it's back and without text aand even printed discs. :)

29930326172_34671a949a.jpg

Haaa~~~ sorry for the steelbook fangirling everyone! ^^'' I kinda got carried away!

Love your display! Steelbooks OMG :love Love how you set up WS!!! - pretty dynamic:clap w. murder strut:clap

- LOL freaks me out *no pun intended*:cool: how dead-on *cough* HT can be with a likeness, because it's killing me *cough* LOL trying to choose which face for WS!

Re:
When I ordered my WS, I was set on displaying him with the mask. Then I received him and found that I couldn't for the life of me cover up that face and ultimately chose to display him with the warpaint. Once I get my CW Bucky, I'll change the head on my WS and finally have him with the mask. *_*

Yeah, absolutely I was gonna display w. mask - may be half-covered face but that's what WS looks like in epic scenes and the face that shows is friggin' beautiful sculpt/paint. But, am so blown away by all the nods to the source material in the films, like using the eye grease re the original WS mask. IMO in the films that eye grease was genius:love. Then HT has this gorgeous paint job.

So I can't decide - LOL within 48 hrs decided I needed WS #2, if I can source one, eventually:cuckoo:. Me, I love movie posters, DVD/BR box art, SOME fan art, etc. Then I see where a member had the comic art as a background. Then there's trying to do set dioramas - maybe. :panic:
Think it will be easier when I get my CA - now I'm thinking may something "arty" - put WS higher, behind CW Bucky/CA, so WS is a bit in shadow, w. some sort of background like: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Winter-Soldier-541620034

And maybe carve some styro and cover to look like cement/tar? Or get some thin slate pieces - or get *arty* and get some black glass tiles and stack 'em. And then try to decide if I want guns or knives in WS' hands - argh!!!! I don't care, I need another WS $$$$$$ and that's BESIDES CW Bucky, CA, Falcon...$$$$$$!!!!:cuckoo:

LOL Wolverine:lol. What can you do? I'm gonna have to separate SW stuff from Marvel because that WILL drive me crazy - there's the small cube display case idea https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10280953/

to separate the "one-offs" but for two of these I could get a Detolf.:horror

Meanwhile, I REALLY need to get my hands on that rifle in the posters for WS - saw the posts about that:) - a good thing, 'coz WS needs the correct weapon from the movie posters:cool:. Even if he already has a whole lot. :lol Appreciate member posts sharing the info about that, earlier.

Love your display! Steelbooks OMG :love Love how you set up WS!!! - pretty dynamic:clap w. murder strut:clap

- LOL freaks me out *no pun intended*:cool: how dead-on *cough* HT can be with a likeness, because it's killing me *cough* LOL trying to choose which face for WS!
Thanks! Never thought I'd like steelbooks so much but gosh they're beautiful. *_* And I really like how they look displayed with the Hot Toys. Also they look amazing when it's dark out and the cabinets lights are on and reflect in the steel. *___* That KimchiDVD one is especially great coz the part that reflects most light is WS's metal arm and it looks soo goooood. uuugh :panic:
So far that pose is my fave for WS and I'm still not ready to change it. ^^ Let's see what Deadpool's gonna turn this shelf into once he's here ...
nFkO4R4.gif

Yeah, absolutely I was gonna display w. mask - may be half-covered face but that's what WS looks like in epic scenes and the face that shows is friggin' beautiful sculpt/paint. But, am so blown away by all the nods to the source material in the films, like using the eye grease re the original WS mask. IMO in the films that eye grease was genius:love. Then HT has this gorgeous paint job.
I know, right?!! I love that they went with war paint rather than a real mask coz come on, that's so ... cheesy. ^^ But the war paint, YES, that's great!

So I can't decide - LOL within 48 hrs decided I needed WS #2, if I can source one, eventually:cuckoo:. Me, I love movie posters, DVD/BR box art, SOME fan art, etc. Then I see where a member had the comic art as a background. Then there's trying to do set dioramas - maybe. :panic:
Think it will be easier when I get my CA - now I'm thinking may something "arty" - put WS higher, behind CW Bucky/CA, so WS is a bit in shadow, w. some sort of background like: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Winter-Soldier-541620034

And maybe carve some styro and cover to look like cement/tar? Or get some thin slate pieces - or get *arty* and get some black glass tiles and stack 'em. And then try to decide if I want guns or knives in WS' hands - argh!!!! I don't care, I need another WS $$$$$$ and that's BESIDES CW Bucky, CA, Falcon...$$$$$$!!!!:cuckoo:
Well, if I ever come across a reasonable priced WS, I'll buy a second. But I fear this won't happen so it's only gonna be this one for me. I'm a bit paranoid though when it comes to him and got some replacement hands and jacket already just in case something breaks ... :pray:

LOL Wolverine:lol. What can you do? I'm gonna have to separate SW stuff from Marvel because that WILL drive me crazy - there's the small cube display case idea https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10280953/
to separate the "one-offs" but for two of these I could get a Detolf.:horror
Well, I guess it always depends on what kinda display you're going for. If I could afford and had the room to place a 1/6 car with smashed in roof, I'd so go for the bridge scene. But as it is now, I'm still stuck with my team. XD There was a post a while back which asked "5 Marvel/DC characters of your choice will protect you, while the rest will try to kill you, who'd you pick?" I picked Wolverine, DP, Punisher, WS and Cap and ever since I can't help but love the idea of a team-up. ^^ Sadly this will never happen on-screen but Hot Toys has me covered here. :lol They'll ****ing rock that shelf, I tell ya.

Meanwhile, I REALLY need to get my hands on that rifle in the posters for WS - saw the posts about that:) - a good thing, 'coz WS needs the correct weapon from the movie posters:cool:. Even if he already has a whole lot. :lol Appreciate member posts sharing the info about that, earlier.
Damn, yeah, I wanted to get it when I ordered my WS but I completely forgot which rifle it was .. orz, gotta research and find it again!
Edit: It's the Barrett M82A1M, right? Yes, gotta be that one. Prices are actually not that bad. :)

:(
It's the Barrett M82A1M, right? Yes, gotta be that one. Prices are actually not that bad.
I remembered it was a Barrett, but I gotta get the RIGHT one, I guess there are different barrel lengths. And loved in Michael Crawford's review where he spells out which pistol is what, exactly.

Not that I PLAN to lose anything re this guy. Yeah, now that I own him am worrying like Cap LOL over Bucky:lol. I'd LOVE to source a back-up jacket - I mean, it's not like WS wouldn't deserve real leather but IMO reconstructing that jacket (and pants) would be a nightmare:(. Just hope HT used good-quality pleather 'coz if it ever starts peeling I am going to freak *no pun intended*. Guess I should put Bucky behind glass soon, but right now I'm enjoying having him right here. With his grenade-launching gun. It's so INSPIRING.:lol

If I could afford and had the room to place a 1/6 car with smashed in roof, I'd so go for the bridge scene.
Murder strut:love! That - and the way WS first moves in with his knife. I love the way SS moves in those frames - it's just so SURE:love. Like SS had been knife-fighting since babyhood. But I'm still futzing w. WS - probably any fig - it's like a crash course in learning human anatomy and how people move so it looks natural:duh. But in time I may be able to pose WS to capture that energy, like yours. Right now he's in a museum pose (still lookin' awesome tho. Even if I have to fix a popped button - what was HT thinking re the buttons? Oh, well, no big deal there...and I think I want some clear museum putty for those weapons/clips.)

Steelbooks:rock! U.S. seems to have boring disk art, often IMO compared to Europe, but seeing the steelbooks - WANT. And I am all for duplicate disks, just in case a disc gets damaged, for backup. So gonna see what I can find.

Re my display - well, I have a "tower" wood bookcase w. shelf space slated for Marvel HT - no side view, but I think I can fit WS, Cap, Falcon w. a full wing spread - maybe even hoisted w. invisible/jewelry cord?, CW Bucky (Bucky and Cap gotta be together) and maybe IM. Glad I cleared out a bunch of books last spring! Then I can "wallpaper" the back and do some diorama stuff. Gotta keep occupied waiting on the next movies - what, 1 year, 2 years *meh*.:(

Regarding the barrett, I've decided to get this here:
$_1.JPG

This one is also available with a shorter barrel but I think the longer one is more accurate. There are two others, but the tip is different.

Tbh, I think the best steelbooks come from Asia. I mean, the KimchiDVD (Korea if I remember correctly) ones are gorgeous and Blufans (China) has some great ones as well. :) I'm just waiting for some great exclusive CW steelbooks, so far the art hasn't impressed me that much. :/

Btw, found another WS but he's used and 330€. -__- Too damn expensive.

Regarding the barrett, I've decided to get this here:
$_1.JPG

This one is also available with a shorter barrel but I think the longer one is more accurate. There are two others, but the tip is different.

Tbh, I think the best steelbooks come from Asia. I mean, the KimchiDVD (Korea if I remember correctly) ones are gorgeous and Blufans (China) has some great ones as well. :) I'm just waiting for some great exclusive CW steelbooks, so far the art hasn't impressed me that much. :/

Btw, found another WS but he's used and 330€. -__- Too damn expensive.

Hey, thanks:)! LOL never thought I'd be buying 1:6 weapons either - was watching WS last night VERY closely re MC's review - maybe this was discussed waaaaay back, but so OK, is WS fig one knife short? and the fig is slightly different - re Buckys' dual WS sheath:

WS_double_sheathe.jpg

But I'm not STRESSING over the differences re fig vs. film - films costumes may change during the filming etc. and HT had to make decisions at some point. And between the highway knife scene and the end fight it's tough to keep track of how many weapons WS was carrying. But I think sourcing another knife (MC refers to it as a Gerber, but gotta get the right one) for Bucky wouldn't hurt. And to read more posts re the costumes just so I know, whether I do anything about it or not.:cool: I bet this dual sheath could be sourced, too. Although looking at it, looks like gun clip is there, it's just a second knife was put in for this scene - ANYWAY I'm just curious 'coz love the costume.:love

Re mark-up on WS - yeah, I paid a mark-up on mine, tho no regrets w. a pristine figure that reputable seller checked for me, too. But there's a line I draw re prices for sure - like the new WSs on ebay for 500$ and up. I mean, "sealed" doesn't mean perfect, anyway all the time - how do you KNOW?
Was watching a review for WS and within minutes on the review, a seam on the sleeve had given way. That kind of stuff happens even w. a brand-new fig. I don't mind paying a mark-up that I think is "reasonable" for a retired fig in pristine condition. But I hafta feel like it's reasonable.
Don't know if this "run" on WS prices will continue but *shrug* I'll keep an eye out - besides, right now for me it's more important to get CW Bucky and Cap.

Whaaaaaatttt!!! I had no idea that many steelbooks existed!!! :rotfl Ugh there goes all my money :p
Well, be prepared to pay a lot. ^^ Most of the awesome ones are exclusive and numbered so they go for about 60 - 70 Bucks each on Ebay. :) But they're worth it imo. ♡_♡
Good thing I only collect the Cap ones, otherwise I'd have no money left for HT. XD

Hey, thanks:)! LOL never thought I'd be buying 1:6 weapons either - was watching WS last night VERY closely re MC's review - maybe this was discussed waaaaay back, but so OK, is WS fig one knife short? and the fig is slightly different - re Buckys' dual WS sheath:

View attachment 295899

Bucky's knife from the Highway fight scene is actually a Gerber Mark II. He was using Cold Steel G. I. Tanto's sheath for his Gerber Mark II though. Hey, as long as it fits, right? Hot Toys decided to go with the holster setup that Bucky used for his appearance at Nick Fury's chase scene (Benchmade knife, Intratec TEC-38 and COP 357 Derringer). During the famous Highway fight scene, however, he had Cold Steel sheath and Gerber Mark II instead of two pistols.

a59bSXe.jpg

Fergo Black made this Gerber Mark II for my Bucky!

Back