1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think the head sculpt with the face is lazy... That's the one thing that is keeping me from ordering this. I wanted a new Mickey head sculpt with the hair up and a smug look on his face, not the constipated look he has here. That is just very disappointing to me.

I'm not sure about this one really, I like collecting the Iron Man suits & I'm not sure if I want a baddie in the mix..., if it wasn't diecast I probably wouldn't even consider this figure & that's probably why I've not preordered it (that & I'm not a fan of the base). Having said that though, I'm sure it'll be a great looking figure & have all the detailing it should..., I may even regret not buying it down the line BUT it's not due out till next year so plenty of pondering time to go. lol ;)

I'm not sure about this one really, I like collecting the Iron Man suits & I'm not sure if I want a baddie in the mix..., if it wasn't diecast I probably wouldn't even consider this figure & that's probably why I've not preordered it (that & I'm not a fan of the base). Having said that though, I'm sure it'll be a great looking figure & have all the detailing it should..., I may even regret not buying it down the line BUT it's not due out till next year so plenty of pondering time to go. lol ;)

Yeah, it's a gorgeous figure, but the character was onscreen for, like, two minutes. It was defeated way too easily by IM and WM. At least Monger got his money's worth battling Tony.

Yeah, it's a gorgeous figure, but the character was onscreen for, like, two minutes. It was defeated way too easily by IM and WM. At least Monger got his money's worth battling Tony.

Yeah, I think because of all of the time spent battling the Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines robots, plus War Machine too before they got control of the suit, it was probably felt that they'd battled enough, not so but the films a decent length I guess so that might of been another factor (time). He should've had a better battle scene, the race track attack was far more impressive (in my opinion).

I still think the head sculpt with the face is lazy... That's the one thing that is keeping me from ordering this. I wanted a new Mickey head sculpt with the hair up and a smug look on his face, not the constipated look he has here. That is just very disappointing to me.

Personally, I could care less about the sculpt. In fact, I'd prefer it come without a Rourke head sculpt to cut reduce the price. There is no way I will ever pose him with the sculpt.

To me, this is one of those figures that is more about the design and look of the armored suit than the actual character.

Of this year? Nah.

It's scheduled for an April 2015 release. It'll probably be delayed a couple of months, at the very least. Don't be surprised if it then gets pushed further, to late summer or early fall.

Yeah, I know it's veeerrryyy unlikely to be out by the end of this year.

But there really doesn't seem to be much of a buzz for this figure (probably due to the small amount of screen time) and sales could be a lot less than anticipated and Hot Toys completes production a lot earlier than planned.

Yeah, I know it's veeerrryyy unlikely to be out by the end of this year.

But there really doesn't seem to be much of a buzz for this figure (probably due to the small amount of screen time) and sales could be a lot less than anticipated and Hot Toys completes production a lot earlier than planned.

I think what is more likely is that HT would shift production to the in-demand figures and push this to the back burner. Of course who knows what the actual demand is for the figure when all territories are taken into account. There are a lot of collectors that don't post on message boards.

That being said I like this figure, a lot, but my money has been going to the Ironman figures.

Anyone worried about the amount of actual diecast that this thing will have? Robocop has only about 20% of metal, and it's called a "Diecast series" release....

Anyone worried about the amount of actual diecast that this thing will have? Robocop has only about 20% of metal, and it's called a "Diecast series" release....

Nope. The heavier this is the more I'd be worried about it collapsing a Detolf shelf :lol

Good point. I would still buy this even without the die-cast gimmickry. HT's proven twice via their IM Mark 1 releases that they can simulate raw metal and welding marks using plastic and a good paint job. The die-cast label was just an excuse to get perhaps $100-150 more from us for this figure.

Check out all of the weathering, the welding, the lo-fi look of the suit. If it's true that it's harder to recreate detail in diecast than in plastic, this puppy might be less than 20 percent metal.

whiplash.jpg

Couldn't care less about the percentage of diecast. HT is doing it right. Enough to add some heft and depending on the design, strengthen joints or improve articulation, but not so much that the figure suffers for it.

People were complaining about RoboCop, too, but once they have it in-hand, they all say the ratio and weight are fine. I'd have paid $400.00 for Whiplash MK II if it were 100% plastic, so I'm not paying anything "extra" for diecast.

Couldn't care less about the percentage of diecast. HT is doing it right. Enough to add some heft and depending on the design, strengthen joints or improve articulation, but not so much that the figure suffers for it.

People were complaining about RoboCop, too, but once they have it in-hand, they all say the ratio and weight are fine. I'd have paid $400.00 for Whiplash MK II if it were 100% plastic, so I'm not paying anything "extra" for diecast.

Maybe HT should produce the whole thing in plastic and knock $50 or $75 off the total. Because anything less than 50 percent diecast isn't really diecast, is it?

It's either creative, or disingenuous, marketing, depending on how you look at it. It's reminiscent of "new-and-improved" packaging for a product, say a bottle of orange juice, but it ends up being smaller and more expensive.

Honestly, I think it's fine the way it is. It adds some heft without being ridiculously heavy or getting floppy joints over time b/c of the weight. I see no point at all in a 50% diecast figure.

Back