1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you turn the switch to REMOTE instead of OFF, does it drain any battery? I like the option to turn on the lights via remote whenever I want, but I would be leave it at that setting if it drains the battery.

It's going to drain a bit to run the IR receiver, yes.

It would be interesting to measure, so maybe this week I can test it out.

Though I'll be pissed if anything drops out of the armory - some of that stuff is barely hanging on. ;)

Gotcha, thanks Pixel :duff

I know what you mean.... :lol Took me forever to get the hooks lined up right and in symmetrical position, especially when the slightest touch or shake, the sticky bomb gun can fall out.

Ok, I had an idea how to test it quickly without moving the armory, so I've done it already. ;)

When ON it consumes about 95-100 milliamps. When set to remote, it consumes less than 1 milliamp, so I can't measure it this way.

For S&G's I just consulted a couple of Vishay datasheets real quick. They make the D's Bs of IR receiver modules. Typical current consumption is 0.5mA to 0.9mA, so needless to say, it's wicked low.

Oooo cool, so I guess it's alright to keep it at that setting then. It's kind of cool to be lying down and thbe able to turn it on whenever. Looks awesome! :yess:

Even better to have it plugged in all the time and have it come on with other things at the flip - or click or a switch/remote. ;)

I put the battery into the armory remote and now I can't open the battery slot again to remove it. I have some 100+ remotes and have handled hundreds more in the course of my business, and I have to say, without question, this Hot Toys remote is the worst piece of crap I have ever held.

You too? My remote was temperamental as well. I also could not for the life of me get my RoboCop remote to open, so Sideshow sent me a replacement. I hope it's a good one.

Even better to have it plugged in all the time and have it come on with other things at the flip - or click or a switch/remote. ;)

I put the battery into the armory remote and now I can't open the battery slot again to remove it. I have some 100+ remotes and have handled hundreds more in the course of my business, and I have to say, without question, this Hot Toys remote is the worst piece of crap I have ever held.

:lol I don't think I'm advanced enough to do that yet, haha. I'm at least planning to have all my shelves' lights turn on at the push of a button, but it's cheating since I'm getting a remote control surge protector... ::monkey3 It would be nice though to be able to connect the armory lights to the power source for all the lights. If HT made the doors open as well with the touch of a button, I'd be salivating.

Sucks to hear about the remote. I haven't had a problem yet, it still slides out. Hopefully it won't lead to anything breaking on yours.

I just loosened the two bottom screws and then pushed the sliding part with a screwdriver. Job done. Remote put away for "forever."

Preview of my armory on the bat shelf. Need to make a support for Selina that attached to the floor so i can get rid of the stand and then I'll redo the figures in their final places/poses.

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1957.jpgIMG_1958.jpg

If you turn the switch to REMOTE instead of OFF, does it drain any battery? I like the option to turn on the lights via remote whenever I want, but I would be leave it at that setting if it drains the battery.

I've not even tested the lights and remote on mine. I will only end up removing the AA batteries afterwards since you do risk battery leakage if stored with the battery in there for too long. Which is why I hate having electronics in stuff like this. Its not the lights that sold me into getting this anyways... Its the amount of details in the armory and the Bruce and Alfred figure... Great set!

So yeah, I recommend not to leave the batteries in there for too long especially since its really for display..

So yeah, I recommend not to leave the batteries in there for too long especially since its really for display..

Look back three posts. Those aren't batteries. Plug the armory in and never worry about leaks or other battery issues. Operate from remote any time you want, even from behind glass.

I quite like the armory belts - you have to be gentle with them, but they work well enough. I wish Hot Toys had included some extra attachments/bits besides the ones that fit into the armory though.

Back