1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine friday but I had to shell out 100$ in Taxes orz.

Also, for some reason I am a bit disapointed in the Alfred sculpt, maybe I'll start to like him more after I play with him.

Damn, you have to load the armory yourself? Ugh. That should really come with all parts already inserted.

I'm new to collecting Hot Toys. I just made my first ever purchase the other day; I ordered the 1960's Batman and Robin. I just discovered TDK Armory with Batman and it looks awesome! I want this, I think I'm addicted now.

Totally newbie question...Ideally I'd like to wait till my reward points on Sideshow are available for use to buy this, which I believe is like a month or so. What are the odds of something like this staying in stock? Is this a "hot" item that will sellout fast and then end up on EBay costing me an arm and leg? Should I buy this now or can I wait for my points? Thanks!

It'll probably still be in stock... but nothing is guaranteed.

It's also better to gather up rewards points to fully cover for an item, or use them on smaller purchases. Items that have coupons/points used on them DO NOT get any points themselves... so using $10 off on a $400 purchase makes it so you don't get the $20 in rewards.

I think their system is greedy and confusing. Caused me to lose out a bit on my earlier purchases. SS gives me so many reasons for my hate of ordering from them.

^^^ They changed the policy a few months back. You get reward points off of the difference now. :wink1:

Cut the guy some slack, this only just happened like so recently. It was just in February after all. ;) :rotfl

Anything that shipped form January 5th has earned reward points. I'm sure there are probably a few people who got points and didn't even know it.

Well damn. I haven't ordered anything from them in a long ass time, now I know.

Also it seems they haven't updated everything? When I check "manage account" and "rewards points" it still says this:

A few of the most important facts:

You can’t earn rewards and redeem them at the same time.
Once you redeem rewards-they can’t be transferred or returned upon cancellation.
They are not applicable on taxes and shipping costs.
Rewards can’t be added to an order after checkout.

Last edited:
You can’t earn rewards and redeem them at the same time.

They should definitely re-write that because the meaning is not obvious. But here's one way to look at it. The points you earn on the current order cannot be applied to that order. They should just say something like "Reward points earned with an order can only be used on a future order"

They should definitely re-write that because the meaning is not obvious. But here's one way to look at it. The points you earn on the current order cannot be applied to that order. They should just say something like "Reward points earned with an order can only be used on a future order"

I think it is you can't apply rewards earned to an order and earn rewards from that same order when is paid. thats how I under stood it, Am I wrong? I applied almost $100 on this armory but it says that I got upcoming rewards from that armory.

I think it is you can't apply rewards earned to an order and earn rewards from that same order when is paid.

That is incorrect. Every order earns reward points at Sideshow. Every order that shipped after January 5th 2014, regardless of whether you use any type of discount or not (including rewards).

That is incorrect. Every order earns reward points at Sideshow. Every order that shipped after January 5th 2014, regardless of whether you use any type of discount or not (including rewards).

OOOOOHHHHH:horror... I thought that I could not get points on the order if I used discount rewards on it. Thanks for clearing out for me.

OOOOOHHHHH:horror... I thought that I could not get points on the order if I used discount rewards on it. Thanks for clearing out for me.

It used to be like that, but that changed it about a year or so ago.

I for one like that change since we can use those monthly $20 codes on items that aren't sold out and still get points on that. Its saved me a few hundred bucks so far and still kept the points coming in. In fact, I'm getting this set for free thanks to rewards. Just paying shipping :D Saved up quite a bit and cashed them in for this.

It used to be like that, but that changed it about a year or so ago.

I for one like that change since we can use those monthly $20 codes on items that aren't sold out and still get points on that. Its saved me a few hundred bucks so far and still kept the points coming in. In fact, I'm getting this set for free thanks to rewards. Just paying shipping :D Saved up quite a bit and cashed them in for this.

Free? Damn, very nice! :clap

Back