1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it does if you want the best stock TDK 1/6th Batman figure currently available.

Then buy one of the armory sets or a loose armory Batman. Again, no bearing on the DX12. If someone gets mad or upset at new product releases, they should avoid all purchases, period. That applies to collectibles as well as anything else in life.

Love the little tray Alfred is carrying in one of those photos.

I have no interest in Bruce, Alfred (Michael Gough on the other hand) or the armory, but my wonderful missus was kind enough to order me the batman figure from this set, he arrived today. Ordered from 7toys7 on eBay if anyone's interested (not sure they have any left though)

Then buy one of the armory sets or a loose armory Batman. Again, no bearing on the DX12.

If a newer better version of something comes on the market not long after another 'definitive" release then it's human nature that some people will be pissed off. A lot of people can't afford multiple versions and keep up with the newest, bestest, version. Again that's human nature.

I'm lucky enough that I have a job which allows me to buy what I really want to collect, it's my vice. But I'm also aware that many many people who buy these figures struggle to do so. So I wouldn't be quick or superior to judge people getting "mad" about a constant conveyor belt of improved product.

Love the little tray Alfred is carrying in one of those photos.

I have no interest in Bruce, Alfred (Michael Gough on the other hand) or the armory, but my wonderful missus was kind enough to order me the batman figure from this set, he arrived today. Ordered from 7toys7 on eBay if anyone's interested (not sure they have any left though)

I was the same until I saw Bruce in hand. But with Bats, it's all win. :rock

If a newer better version of something comes on the market not long after another 'definitive" release then it's human nature that some people will be pissed off.

Human nature would imply that all people are affected. Unless we're talking about some non-human people too. The desire to create and improve is human nature.

Sorry, if something nicer/better/newer comes out, be happy with what you have or have what makes you happy. We're not talking about financial means, but if one were to have issues in that department, having ill-feelings toward Hot Toys or any other company producing products to feed their own families is completely unwarranted and most certainly not human nature.

DX12 is still the definitive "DX" release - it's the whole package. The armory is a value release that in no way replaces nor affects the quality of what was released before it. Maybe I'll sell the DX12, maybe I'll sell the Batman from the armory set - maybe neither.

Though I can't stop you from reaching out and trying to reply to each of my posts, don't try to reframe the subject and certainly don't attempt to put new meaning to what I'm writing.

Never pay aftermarket for HT figures because you know it's just a matter of time before a better version comes along.

Exactly.

Some guys do really enjoy it for some reason though.

I sold my POS TF Begin Bats to some poor soul for double what I paid. I even stated, "ankles are crap".

POS.

Unreal.

Some guys do really enjoy it for some reason though.

Some people collect figure lines, so they don't necessarily mind, or are at least willing, to pay what it takes to complete their collections. It doesn't matter that a new product comes out later - that's only another item to collect, not a replacement for the first.

Human nature would imply that all people are affected. Unless we're talking about some non-human people too. The desire to create and improve is human nature.

Sorry, if something nicer/better/newer comes out, be happy with what you have or have what makes you happy. We're not talking about financial means, but if one were to have issues in that department, having ill-feelings toward Hot Toys or any other company producing products to feed their own families is completely unwarranted and most certainly not human nature.

DX12 is still the definitive "DX" release - it's the whole package. The armory is a value release that in no way replaces nor affects the quality of what was released before it. Maybe I'll sell the DX12, maybe I'll sell the Batman from the armory set - maybe neither.

Though I can't stop you from reaching out and trying to reply to each of my posts, don't try to reframe the subject and certainly don't attempt to put new meaning to what I'm writing.

Whatever Piper. Yawn.

Anyway.... this Armory, it's excellent. It just took me about and hour to put all the bits in. The paint detail on everything is top notch, no sloppy paint here.

And YES! it fits in a detolf.

Last edited:
Some people collect figure lines, so they don't necessarily mind, or are at least willing, to pay what it takes to complete their collections. It doesn't matter that a new product comes out later - that's only another item to collect, not a replacement for the first.

What I meant was regarding desperation. I collect Transformers, but I can handle myself enough to find a good deal, as in my head it's not the end of the world to get something right this second. Yes, everyone's different but it still never ceases to amaze me.

Call it "third world way of thinking". When you have very little growing up, you learn to wait.

Whatevs.

Well said. I'm actually happy with this new release. Now i have an extra Batsuit to leave in the armory with an extra Batman for display. I don't see why any one who owns a DX12 should be upset. The DX12 has other accessories and a DX stand in which the armory doesn't. Now I'm just hoping Tony Mei will ship out my cape before this baby arrives.

Good to hear that.

Are you thinking of any mods as usual?

nothing really to do to this, just switched out the cape. :rock

Is it worth the upgrade having the DX12 already Rory?

Just the head really man. I mean the body looks good but the head and neutral faceplate change the whole figure.

Rory would u please take a front and side pic of the armory inside a detolf whenever you get around to unboxing this.
It fits mate. :rock

Last edited:
Yup! same as before. It's the same DX12 body underneath. Although the thunder thighs don't seem as obvious.
Aw man, thanks for replying. At least that means I don't have to buy the armory body.

I'm getting my alfred and armory cowl today in the mail if anyone was interested. I think we've seen plenty of comparison pics now though

Back