1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best pics are the ones of Wayne suiting up in my opinion.

Makes it disappointing that there wasn't an actual suit up sequence for Dark Knight or TDKR (though parts of one were shot for TDK after the press conference when Batman goes to save Dent. They reuse the footage of the armory rising in TDKR and you can see the Tumbler speeding up towards the Batbunker ramp in the 2007 trailers).

I've been researching to make my own using the stock one and a material used by most collectors is the one called black Rayon I saw that it was kind of velvetty not sure. I will find out in the next couple of days when I go to the fabric store to look at them in person. I on the extras on batman begins dvd that the original fabric for the suit was a kind of velvet but it got heavy when wet so they invented their own fabric, but a light velvet material flat black woul look cool.

this is a sample of rayon I saw on amazon.
31GcMm5JPWL._SY300_.jpg

I got the short battle cape, I think it works great and looks great. There are no hooks though, you just have to stuff it into the hole "that's what she said"

Thanks, that's TonyMei or 1Forigno?

I could try making my own, but I'm afraid I'm all thumbs when it comes to things like that.

What do you think of that custom cape? Some say (I sound just like Jeremy Clarkson) it's overpriced and inaccurate, is it better to DIY?

I love some of Tony Meis capes. The TDK is one of them. The fabric is so light that it hangs perfectly and makes the shoulder area look great.

2 full sets

I'll be selling both Alfredos, both Waynes and one armory.

Yo Rory, his there more movement in the legs/thighs or is the fat suit still all over?

Who are you gonna display the armory with? Since you wont have Alfred no Bruce?

The armory is a centerpiece material no doubt, but I personally think it'll look even better at a background with Alfred or Bruce or even both of them in the front of the display.

I POed 2 full sets as well, since I thought Id wanna keep the BW suits since they were quite similar to the Kato ones during the proto pics. But after seeing the final production ones, I think I will sell it. Not sure if Id wanna sell 1 or both of them. Im thinking of making 2 Armory displays; one HT ver and another, my custom ver with the custom BW head and custom Alfred head.

I sold my other DX12 a while ago, so Ive only got 1 now. But I think I will have 3 TDK 1/6: 1 for the armory, 1 for TDK ver and the other for TDKR ver. I still very much enjoy the cluttered up, Iron Man suits inspired, display ATM. :lol

Who are you gonna display the armory with? Since you wont have Alfred no Bruce?

The armory is a centerpiece material no doubt, but I personally think it'll look even better at a background with Alfred or Bruce or even both of them in the front of the display.

Bruce in his Batsuit, holding the cowl with the cape pack, like he just suited up out of the armory.

I don't have a pic of it, but the original 2008 Dark Knight soundtrack has this insert which is reminiscent of the classic theater drama masks with Bruce unmasking his Batman cowl (Bale and the cowl in frame) and Joker unmasking his Bozo mask. I was thinking of recreating that for Wayne in his armory w/ mask and Joker in his bank get up surrounded by his grenades, guns and cash with his mask.

Thanks, that's TonyMei or 1Forigno?

I could try making my own, but I'm afraid I'm all thumbs when it comes to things like that.

It was forigno but I don't see it on ebay anymore. I think he was selling it on the forum at some point but idk anymore. Here he is on ebay but this cape is velvet and long. I bought the short battle cape which I cannot find. You might want to message and ask him
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-1-6...95?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item4624f55c7f

I don't have a pic of it, but the original 2008 Dark Knight soundtrack has this insert which is reminiscent of the classic theater drama masks with Bruce unmasking his Batman cowl (Bale and the cowl in frame) and Joker unmasking his Bozo mask. I was thinking of recreating that for Wayne in his armory w/ mask and Joker in his bank get up surrounded by his grenades, guns and cash with his mask.

Found it and scanned it.

TDKsoundtrackalbuminsert.jpg

That's what I'll be going for.

Gents!

As many of you will know, I'm pretty critical and pernickety about new releases. With that in mind.
I opened up the rest of the set this morning.

The Bruce Wayne figure is FANTASTIC. The head sculpt is much sharper than the previous DX version. It harkens back to the super sharp sculpts we used to get before the "soft vinyl" look plagued our figures. The paint is much better on the face, but it's so sharp. I actually went "wow" when I opened him and I had little in the way of high expectations, when opening. My suit looks super sharp also, very very impressed. And Alfred likewise.

As for Bats, cowl better, costume looks more polished, love the new teflon sections. I haven't even opened the armoury yet. but so far 10/10.

:rock

Thanks for the mini-review Rorywan. I know you're among the most meticulous when it comes to the figures you own, and I look forward to reading your thoughts about the new releases. I had someone buy my pre-order slot weeks ago, and now I'm thankful that just yesterday he messaged me to cancel the transaction.

Bruce in his Batsuit, holding the cowl with the cape pack, like he just suited up out of the armory.

I'm doing the same thing. I PO'd just the armory with Batman, and after seeing this photo of Jingobell I thought of using the DX12 Wayne head to capture this wonderful scene on my display (though on a more neutral leg pose). The new head/cowl+neutral faceplate I'll use for my DX12 on Batpod.

I love Jingo's creativity. The way Bruce appears to be taking off that glove --subtle but amazing.
10615583_550187855106913_609440253512719519_n.jpg

Back