1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see what's so wrong with the Bale sculpt from the DX12. If it's just repainted or hell even if it's the same it looks fine to me. :dunno

yeah... i mean, its like you say, it looks fine... but the thing is, to be totally honest, hot toys could do a lot better representation of christian bale, than the one from dx12...
dx12 is ok, but there are a buch of things that could improve the sculpt...
try to think what a mix of the best elements od the dx12 head and the 1/4 head could look like...

its like they got really close to perfect, but there is a little something missing...
take a look at the dx10 T2 arnold, and how the dx13 look... they found those little things that were missing and did a better job in likeness...

1/4, more surface area to work with the idiosyncrasies, nooks and crannies. If they failed on that, that would just be disappointing...

anigif_enhanced-17582-1402687226-1.gif

well, im begging to all know entities for some modifications on the cow, and its eyes, also maybe some improvements on the bruce wayne sculpt to be shown on SDCC....
BUT! this was just released from tokyo toy show...:S

I'd also like to believe that they'd re-sculpt the Bats but I think this time it's a little optimistic. The reason they can release this cheaply is probably because they can just re-use what has already been produced. Also, we are only 2 months away form release therefore I believe what we have seen from the Tokyo Toy Show is final. Still, fingers-crossed...

Just pre-ordered the Batman-Alfred-Wayne set. If it happens to be a straight re-use of DX12 parts, at worse I'll still consider to sell my DX12 :)

:hi5::clap

Nothing wrong with having both, since the armory will need a Batsuit in it for display, otherwise it would look like something is missing. I plan on using the extra cowl and new mouthpieces to replace my DX12 ones.

So i have this on preorder through sideshow as I just started collecting in January and didn't pick up the DX12. I plan to display the batsuit as Batman outside of the armory, and I'm kind of worried that the armory is going to look empty without the suit. Does anyone know where I can pick up an extra suit for cheap to go inside the armory?

The aftermarket once this is released, or you can try eBay now for the DX12 body or the 2nd-hand market armory Batsuit.

Or you can always get the armory itself along w/ the 3-set and sell it while keeping the Batsuit. That's what I plan to do. I already have 2 DX12s, one on the Batpod, the other I plan to display fighting Bane, and then with the armory sets, one to be in the armory, the other to display with Joker in the interrogation scene. I probably don't need so many but my collection is centered around The Dark Knight so I want display options. :yess:

Or you can always get the armory itself along w/ the 3-set and sell it while keeping the Batsuit. That's what I plan to do. I already have 2 DX12s, one on the Batpod, the other I plan to display fighting Bane, and then with the armory sets, one to be in the armory, the other to display with Joker in the interrogation scene. I probably don't need so many but my collection is centered around The Dark Knight so I want display options. :yess:

Haha I wish i had your money. I have 4 figures (MOS Superman, IM Mk. VI, DX11 Joker, & Bane) since starting collecting in January and really want a Batman to round out my collection. So I figured the Armory would be the perfect way to get one since it's a little over $100 more than getting just a DX12 and the armory + accessories are just awesome. But I haven't thought about how the armory would look without the batsuit inside of it until recently haha

No worries, I don't have that much... haha. If you know me more from the forums, I'm pretty selective in what I get and I'm constantly debating about getting certain things but ending up cancelling or opting out in the last minute LOL

What you could do is try to score one from TA or eBay or some 2ndary restailer after it is released. It is probably what I should do too but I could probably get better value selling the armory after the fact. If I am able to sell it for $200, then I will probably have "paid" about $200 for the suit, which is will probably go for after release, but most likely more. I'll at least have all the other parts with it as well so I don't have to go after those.

No worries, I don't have that much... haha. If you know me more from the forums, I'm pretty selective in what I get and I'm constantly debating about getting certain things but ending up cancelling or opting out in the last minute LOL

What you could do is try to score one from TA or eBay or some 2ndary restailer after it is released. It is probably what I should do too but I could probably get better value selling the armory after the fact. If I am able to sell it for $200, then I will probably have "paid" about $200 for the suit, which is will probably go for after release, but most likely more. I'll at least have all the other parts with it as well so I don't have to go after those.

I'm pretty selective also. Especially since I don't have that much money to be spending on this stuff, even though I want more every time I get a new figure haha. But yeah I agree. I'll probably look into it more after this gets released to see what the prices will be for the suit alone, but until then I'll just keep a lookout on ebay and hopefully something good will pop up

Back