1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I know all of the facts about both sculpts, I'm simply saying that, if they can replicate the 1/4 scale faceplates in 1/6th, why can't they do the same with the BW sculpt and the cowl?

:lol i know, i was saying because its not that easy going from 1/4 to 1/6 when everything is hand sculpted. full sculpt vs faceplates isnt the same. And different artists working on them. It all factors into it. I dont see any sculptor names listed on Sideshow for the Armory, so maybe that means they are re-working things with other artists they have? Who knows? I hate to speculate.

We just have to wait and see what final production pieces are.

i do not agree at all. its a very nice sculpt of Bruce. i love the DX12. And theres not better Bruce out there at 1/6 scale. Plus this isn't the official final product. Gotta wait for OMG and others to get the real production pieces. Same as always with these figures, but people seem to have short memories in every thread.:lol

Do you only mean official headsulpts? If not, I'm sure you haven't seen the custom Adam sculpted / Creg casted Bruce headsculpts painted be Elvis, Lalla or SeanJob and other painters.
The earlier DX12 product / proto pics, like posted one page before looked pretty good back then imo, not perfect but way better than it turned out in production.
Honestly I even think the Batsuit Begins headsculpt looks better than the DX12, I love the figure and the coming armory even more, but that headsculpt... I never liked it. :dunno

Last edited:
Do you only mean official headsulpts? If not, I'm sure you haven't seen the custom Adam sculpted / Creg casted Bruce headsculpts painted be Elvis, Lalla or SeanJob and other painters.
The earlier DX12 product / proto pics, like posted one page before looked pretty good back then imo, not perfect but way better than it turned out in production.
Honestly I even think the Batsuit Begins headsculpt looks better than the DX12, I love the figure and the coming armory even more, but that headsculpt... I never liked it. :dunno

Not a fan of those custom sculpts. Ive seen them of course. DX12 Bruce is my favorite of the 1/6 Bruce's.

Not my opinion, but that's about different tastes, nothing to fight about. :duff

Yup we all have our own tastes. :)
Plus in not a custom fan other than just seeing what people are doing.

Right now I'm curious what the box is going to look like for this entire set. :p

I still haven't preordered this but still want it.
Want a better Begins suit with bat signal and Gordon.
Also a Rises armory with bats and Blake would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yup we all have our own tastes. :)
Plus in not a custom fan other than just seeing what people are doing. (...)

I accept that, while for me it's the custom part of the hobby that keeps me collecting,
also HT figures as custom things for them can make collections more individual and allows more / other display options.

(...) Right now I'm curious what the box is going to look like for this entire set. :p

Same here, very curious about that as well. HT's box designs have always been great imo! Could imagine that for the full set we'll see Bruce and Alfred left and right to the Armory inside some intersting TDK themed box.

I still haven't preordered this but still want it.
Want a better Begins suit with bat signal and Gordon.
Also a Rises armory with bats and Blake would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many have asked for that / mentioned it, I hope HT shows something in that direction at some point! :yess:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the day when Hot Toys (and every company and customizer) stops making Bale Batman dolls for good. The character had a good run, it's beyond overkill at this point. It seems like it'll never be "good enough" so, yeah, let's move on.

Between 7 figure releases (not even counting other companies mind you), multiple vehicles, pretty much every gadget/weapon/accessory (including all these ****ing capes) and a place to store it all with a diorama, I'd say this character can be crossed off the list.

Last edited:
Again, all about different tastes and opinions.

This release is from one of my favourite movies, I like it. It's the first official release of a Bruce Wayne in a suit figure (on HT level) and of Butler Alfred, who is one of the absolute main characters in all 3 movies, so imo something like this was long overdue.
From what I read it's even something that not only completists are getting but also collectors who didn't get any other HT TDK release before, either because this set is very iconic or because they didn't have the chance before to get a DX12 at retail prices.

I'm not usually a completist but I'm almost one when it's about this trilogy. As posted before a few times I understand other opinions from the particular perspective, I would appreciate some more variety in the figure releases as well, especially less Iron Man (though I also like Iron Man) :lol but in the end I think they'll produce what they consider demanded.
As long as there are Nolan Batman fans and I don't see that ending, I'm sure they'll keep producing things for this line. I'm fine if it only happens from time to time, so that there's enough room for other things, but imo there were some things pointed out that would even be much more iconic for the TDK trilogy than what we've seen released yet.

This armory set is one of them and Trenchcoat Jim Gordon, Bat-Signal, DX Batman Begins Suit, Lucius Fox, John Blake, Ra's and other things would be cool as well. (In my opinion :wink1:)

Last edited:
Fixed.

I'm looking forward to the day when Hot Toys (and every company and customizer) stops making Iron Man dolls for good. The character had a good run, it's beyond overkill at this point. It seems like it'll never be "good enough" so, yeah, let's move on.

Between 207 figure releases (not even counting other companies mind you), multiple suits (or no suit), pretty much every gadget/weapon/accessory) and a place to store it all with a diorama, I'd say this character can be crossed off the list.

No, not fixed.

Iron Man has 42 suits/costumes/armors and Tony Stark himself as atleast 3 unique looks per film that include those parts (such as the leg armors or gautlets), not counting the diorama gear that houses his accessories and weapons. Lets not forget the character has 5 films to source from. As much as I don't care for Iron Man collectibles by Hot Toys (none of which I own) and am annoyed by their constant releases, they do have merit.

Bale Batman has a whopping . . . two suits and they've been more than covered. Begins suit? Check. TDK and TDKR suit check, check. Tumbler? Check. Batpod? Check. Armory? Check. We also have several Bruce Wayne heads to choose from as well as his standard suit attire. You wanna pose Batman with his cape pack and sticky bomb gun? There's a figure that can do that. Want Batman in his original suit with his mangler so he can snap your Honor Guard Joker rifle? There's an option for that too. Even the first night out and demon variations got their due. There's a handful of faces and weapons to keep even the most nitpicking, OCD nut satisfied.

The only real product that hasn't been done for this license is the Liam Neeson Ra's and possibly a ninja Bruce to go with him. That's what should be clamored for and wanted, not another Batman that people have already seen done several different ways. Everything else has been covered, ESPECIALLY Batman (plus his two looks) and the Joker.

Last edited:
Batman isn't being done again. It's a re-release of the previous figure in different packaging along with a bunch of stuff that has never been done. Armory, Bruce and Alfred. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys have done more variations of a single Iron Man suit than all the Nolan-universe Batman characters put together (even the ones that were never released).

When money's on the table, the only stupid thing to do is to leave it there. The world is drowning in money and Hot Toys is going to save us all by draining the pool.

Only Iron Man redos were Mark I, Midas (repaint), Mark 7, and II. Hardly close to the catalog of Nolan Batman figures Hot Toys have put out over the years (Batman x2, Joker x3, Two-Face, Ghoul Batman, Scarecrow, Gordon, Alfred, Catwoman, Bane).

After Joker 3.0 "clown shape" or whatever Chan was talking about, Ledger Joker alone will be sitting at 5 versions. If there are more Bale Batman figures, the releases will be just as obnoxious as all the Iron Man ones. Only reason Iron Man gets criticized is because of all the unique suit variations from the numerous films. It's to be expected. The Nolan Batman has been done every possible way and includes everything (save for a 1/4 Begins suit, though Enterbay has that covered).

Last edited:
After Joker 3.0 "clown shape" or whatever Chan was talking about, Ledger Joker alone will be sitting at 5 versions.

Joker "3.0" is/was a misquote. It's a non-movie Joker (probably comics), not a Nolan Joker. So as far as "3's" go it's the third Joker character,but that's about it. There are pictures of it in the Hot Toys sneak peak from sometime last year.

You can see it here on the bottom right of the first image and the center of the next.

William6.jpg
william4.jpg

I'm not sure if we'll see another Nolan Batman, but I'll bet the world that we'll see a few more Iron Man figures.

Last edited:
Back