1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I'll get blasted for this but....

Too bad the Alfred figure isn't a stand-alone...I'd pick that up.
Already got a Batman (the DX12), not really interested in all of the gear...and as for the Bruce Wayne...well, make it a two pack with Alfred and I'd go for that.

Wondering if HT is going to offer that clear version of the suit-case later...it's be interesting to see if they spice that set up with either another version of Wayne (bearded/bad knee as someone mentioned) and Fox or...maybe Commissioner Gordon (in suit and trench-coat)....

Instead of using Flex pay, why not just set up your own monthly plan where you put money away and save up, month by month? Sure, you need will power for that, but it is doable and achieves the same thing.

Save up $65 a month for 10 months and there you go.

The problem with this is that you are assuming that in 10 months time, SS for example, will still have this in stock, or any other site for that matter. Using the flex pay not only does the payments for you, but you get the preorder as well and don't risk it selling out.

You get the same guarantee just pre-ordering normally everywhere else where you just pay the total at the end.

They give you points, and you redeem the points for a personal coupon discount.

Isn't this what they've always done? Sort of like SSC? I just read that it was 2% and not 5%, but that even when using a coupon, you still get points for whatever the remainder is left to pay.

You get the same guarantee just pre-ordering normally everywhere else where you just pay the total at the end.

Yeah, you might get it later than SSC orders since they ship out first, but a pre-order is a pre-order, pretty much a guarantee of a figure since you're ordering to hold a spot.

The problem with this is that you are assuming that in 10 months time, SS for example, will still have this in stock, or any other site for that matter. Using the flex pay not only does the payments for you, but you get the preorder as well and don't risk it selling out.

I think he means preorder and you save the money required little by little over 10 months so once it's shipping time you have the funds saved up.

Isn't this what they've always done? Sort of like SSC? I just read that it was 2% and not 5%, but that even when using a coupon, you still get points for whatever the remainder is left to pay.

Ah, I thought it was new because they sent an e-mail a while back about how they revamped it or something.

Never used points until now.

Wat? You can still order through ssc, just don't choose flex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, there's definitely more coming. Bat Signal and 1/12 Bat, plus the TDKR Armory just to name Batman stuff. Marvel section is waiting on TDW: Loki, and I'm sure Cap2:TWS is just around the corner since the film is releasing in April... There's Lone Ranger that Tonto buyers are waiting for.. Yep, there's plenty...

And the new robocop. :lol

Just saying.

Glancing over some of the posts, it seems like people are content with the price of this set. I believe sideshow is marking up the full set by ~$120 from the original hot toys price. No issues with this amount from the board?

Most of us were hoping for $600...

DX12 was like $250. So that combined with an armory would surely be around $350. Add about $250 for two more figures, you got a fair $600ish price.

But if you did a straight PO and it came in month 6 or 7 and you still have 1 or 2 months to save for, you're screwed. You miss out. They want full amount asap no matter how early it comes in.

But flex beats this. You are basically saving month to month but paying right then. And if it comes in 6 or 7 months, they still hold until 8th payment is made.

Glancing over some of the posts, it seems like people are content with the price of this set. I believe sideshow is marking up the full set by ~$120 from the original hot toys price. No issues with this amount from the board?

Still cheaper than anywhere else for US buyers, and you get $31 in rewards.

Just caved in and ordered it on flex. Complete TDK display in one hit, can't beat that.

No problem IMO because you don't have to buy it through them if you don't want to plus all the numerous eBay and secondary market sellers charge more than 2-3 times retail. SSC needs to make money too and they are more than just a shop, they create and design hundreds and hundreds of collectibles. So they are going to be a little more expensive sometimes. But they have reward points system and flex pay system that no one else has. They are just more than a regular retailer.

AE is the best deal right now. It's only a matter of whether you want to split your payments up over 8 months or pay one lump sum. If you're capable of saving on your own and keeping track of everything, then you save a few extra bucks with AE. So it depends on your financial situation on how you wish to pay.

I think flex pay makes so much sense for something like this. Imagine if there are 2-3 more releases in nov and dec. essentially you are looking at 1k plus hit on 2-3 month time frame if not for flex pay. I think people who are very organized they can surely do the 1k. I have some personal spend increases thats coming in going forward so i would rather pay it month by month.

But i have an even simpler rule. Anything that i love, like totally want i buy directly from SS. Anything that if in some case some issue some cancellation i can live without, i use other sites. AE is very tempting, but i have never bought from them and i am very uncomfortable (may be for unfounded reasons).

Looks at it this way. If you go with Alter Ego, when it's all said and done and you've paid for your set in hand, your bill will be less than $600. There won't be a $6** anywhere on there, just $5**. That's got to feel better, especially for those of us with wives and family that loath this stuff.

No problem IMO because you don't have to buy it through them if you don't want to plus all the numerous eBay and secondary market sellers charge more than 2-3 times retail. SSC needs to make money too and they are more than just a shop, they create and design hundreds and hundreds of collectibles. So they are going to be a little more expensive sometimes. But they have reward points system and flex pay system that no one else has. They are just more than a regular retailer.

I'm familiar with SSC and their business; I just think a $120 markup is a bit extreme. The original Hot Toys price already includes a profit margin, and being the sole US distributor, SSC can charge what they want without fear of competition. I don't disagree with the practice of marking up items, it just appears that they have marked up each component of the set by $30 instead of a $30 markup on the set. But I am glad that people will have another opportunity to pick up a 1/6 Nolan batman.

Looks at it this way. If you go with Alter Ego, when it's all said and done and you've paid for your set in hand, your bill will be less than $600. There won't be a $6** anywhere on there, just $5**. That's got to feel better, especially for those of us with wives and family that loath this stuff.

Yeah, but once you factor in the $31 in rewards points AE is only $20 cheaper. Still better but not that much better.

Back