1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting to see how my first order (Darth Vader) from Sideshow to the UK goes. If it goes well, and UK customs and VAT don't cause too much trouble, I'll be placing my pre-order for the full set. I'm sure it will not sell out. $625 plus shipping, 20% VAT and customs, will make it almost $800USD. That is a lot of money to spend just after Christmas. Hopefully, I'll get my DX12 sold for a reasonable price. Someone has offered to buy it for £160, which is £60 less than I paid only 5 months ago.

I didn't catch up on all the talk yet but this is a surprisingly good price for what you get. The guys who guesstimated this hit it on the head :duff

I'm not complaining in the least bit but it's hard to make sense out of Hot Toys' strategy. They continue to inflate their prices as time goes on to the point where we're getting bare bones figs like Banner & Robin for $200 (shipped)... and then they offer an environment that includes 3 full figures and a slew of accessories for 2009 prices. Again, can't hate on that though :lol. This is the no brainer of the year :rock

There was someone else selling Alfred custom set with an umbrella, I'm surprised this one didn't have an umbrella. :panic::panic::panic:

To me- no argument- the three pack is a GREAT DEAL- if you WANT IT. If you aren't a big Batman fan- yeah it's not that attractive- BW is in a suit- what do people want? Alfred is in his suit- that is what he is! I just don't get it- these are what I always hoped HT would produce- and the Armory is just amazing. Think this is the BEST thing Ht has announced in awhile and their BEST value.
:exactly:100%

Like with Bruce Banner, everyone wanted him. Then they make him, and you get comments like "just a guy in a suit" yah, no kidding...:lol

Considering too that Medicom Bruce Wayne is like $169 on Amazon right now....this new HTs Bruce is like a billion times better :lol. And for those of us who don't buy custom stuff, there is no way you can get a custom Bruce Wayne for $215 or Alfred. And these HTs versions are far superior to me than any custom IMO.

So its an awesome deal I think for us Batman/TDK Trilogy collectors.

The full package is a no brainer all the way. Really am surprised by the price.

Still not interested.

If that Legend armory starts to fall in price because this is on the market I might get that. And that's a big might. It'd have to be dirt cheap. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

I'm in for this one. I think $625 is 'reasonable' as far as these things go. I also used $45 in points so that cushions it a little too. I'm also selling my DX12 and current armory to finance the set. I'm just hoping this is a superior figure to the DX12 and doesn't need a bunch of mods out of the box.

I passed on the DX12 back when it was announced because I own the DX02 and wanted the QS001. And now here I am buying this whole set.

Coincidence?

No, fate.

Expensive *** fate.

Because they totally did? :lol

Seriously it's exact except for some changes. Each accessory and piece on the wall is exactly the same.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. I don't think HT needs to copy or follow any other 1/6 company for anything. I'm pretty sure they're being followed. They're the company in the lead of the 1/6 collectible world. Not that it matters, but I'd bet this has been in production for while. Long before the Toy Legends version came out. But that just my opinion.

Correct me if Im wrong, because I dont have the HT Dark Knight Batman...But didnt they improve the cowl and faceplates on the one in this set?...Or no...Thought I saw someone mention something about it...

Matt

I'm gonna put my DX02 in the armory and have the new Bats on full display.

With the body suit and that much articulation, it'd be a crime to use the DX 12 figure as just the "suit" (which would put the head and faceplates to waste).

Using another figure like the DX 02 as the suit if someone has it is a great idea. My only issue is, the cowl they've included in the specs/pics looks a little on the small side. It looks awkward sitting in there. Who knows how that would look on the DX 02.

With the body suit and that much articulation, it'd be a crime to use the DX 12 figure as just the "suit" (which would put the head and faceplates to waste).

Using another figure like the DX 02 as the suit if someone has it is a great idea. My only issue is, the cowl they've included in the specs/pics looks a little on the small side. It looks awkward sitting in there. Who knows how that would look on the DX 02.

I made a custom cowl some time ago and will use that one if the included version looks off.

Haha, oops, you've expressed my concerns as well :slap

Back