1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just preordered it locally for about US$610... Good price I must say especially when it comes with 3 figures and with all that accessories and the armory itself! Its such a great looking set that is just too good to miss out on!

Man this set is really nice... but in reality the fact that almost all of you including myself think that $600 is a steal is nuts... these are plastic toys that will just get posed and put in a case and we'll move on to the next $200-300 figure instantly.
So... guys, what is wrong with us??

Not a damn thing wrong with me. What's wrong with the individual who spends 95k on a sports car because they can afford it? What's wrong with the person that spends $300 on an iPhone or $700 on an iPad? Who spends a thousand bucks on a fishing rod or a hunting rifle?

I don't drink. It does nothing for me, and for the life of me I can't figure out why people do it. However, as long as they don't hurt anybody, they have every right to spend their money on whatever they see fit.

I like toys. I work hard, I pay for them and they make me happy. I love music, clothes, MMA and books too. Everybody's got their vices.

Not a damn thing wrong with me. What's wrong with the individual who spends 95k on a sports car because they can afford it? What's wrong with the person that spends $300 on an iPhone or $700 on an iPad? Who spends a thousand bucks on a fishing rod or a hunting rifle?

I don't drink. It does nothing for me, and for the life of me I can't figure out why people do it. However, as long as they don't hurt anybody, they have every right to spend their money on whatever they see fit.

I like toys. I work hard, I pay for them and they make me happy. I love music, clothes, MMA and books too. Everybody's got their vices.

:goodpost::exactly:

Some people go out and eat in expensive restaurants and drop $300 a week doing it...yet that is fine as long as they enjoy it enough to give them pleasure for the money spent!

Yes, Flex Pay....thank goodness.

When is this to be pre-ordered? Has this been announced?

If this turns out to be around $600 I will be ecstatic, I have around $300 in reward points saved up and it would cover half which would be great

$600 really would be amazing price for what your getting, a DX12, Wayne, Alferd and the armory :pray:

I'm on the fence about this set. Don't know if selling a DX12 for this will be worth it.

Apart from the faces I don't really see any other improvements done on the suit or the accessories.

:goodpost::exactly:

Some people go out and eat in expensive restaurants and drop $300 a week doing it...yet that is fine as long as they enjoy it enough to give them pleasure for the money spent!

Fine dining is one of my things and yeah paying $300 for a meal wouldve been unimagineable to me at one point but now its part of my hobbies just like toy collecting. The one thing that I feel guilty about toys is that it cant really be enjoyed by my family (maybe when my son is older i hope..then i have more justification to buy haha)...whereas fine meals or vacation are lifetime memories.

That's why it's important to have the freaks board.
You'll have other people to enjoy it with. :duff :lol

Damn right..and then i yelled at by the wife cuz i am checking the board all the time haha. Anyway hopefully my son will grow to appreciate figure collecting rather than just being glued to ipad. Yesterday he just pointed to all my predators and called them yucky monsters lol.

Damn right..and then i yelled at by the wife cuz i am checking the board all the time haha. Anyway hopefully my son will grow to appreciate figure collecting rather than just being glued to ipad. Yesterday he just pointed to all my predators and called them yucky monsters lol.

I also think they are yucky monsters.. :monkey3 :chase

:lol

I'm hoping this set is just the start of Hot Toys celebrating Batman's 75th anniversary in 2014. It would be nice having Batman-related reveals every few weeks instead of more Iron Man.

I'm hoping this set is just the start of Hot Toys celebrating Batman's 75th anniversary in 2014. It would be nice having Batman-related reveals every few weeks instead of more Iron Man.

I'll second that! Pretty please do something with that Returns license. I missed out on '89 Bats (though Neca's 1/4 scale has done a lot to scratch that itch), so I'm hoping for a Returns Batman. It's my favorite of the suits, though I couldn't tell you why. One of my favorite movies growing up, I guess.

It's cool to see HT doing a couple of figures who are just in regular clothes and not their alter-ego costumes. At least in the case of Bruce Wayne, anyways. But even still, they didn't have to include Alfred. People probably would have been just as happy if it was only Bruce. So hopefully this HT will continue this and do other characters who aren't in costume. Gordon obviously comes to mind and I can't imagine they won't do him. He was just as a big a part of the Nolan franchise as Alfred and while they did the SWAT version I'd be shocked if they don't do a Commissioner Gordon version.

Would also be nice to see them do the same as they've done here with a Keaton Bruce Wayne and his 89 Batman vault/costume with maybe even a Michael Gough Alfred. And while it's not Batman, I would like to see a Henry Cavill Clark Kent as well as a Christopher Reeve Clark Kent.

i would be amazed if we didn't see gordon and bat signal at some point. amazed.

i like the armory, i haven't purchased any nolan bat figures but this has me interested. i don't see the need for alfred though, maybe just batman and armory for me.

That's why it's important to have the freaks board.
You'll have other people to enjoy it with. :duff :lol

So true. Even though I don't post as much as other folks here, I definitely feel a camaraderie with this interesting group of people who share one of my interests.

Back