1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Not sure yet. Looks like the same cowl but the edges of the eyes looks to be painted more black, and of course the new mouthpieces.

Let's be honest though, how many of us would really spend over that amount for this? Hot Toys are definitely not cheap items but I think they know that there is a limit to what people are realistically going to spend. Sure if they priced it above $700 there might be a few really hardcore collectors with a lot of money to toss around that would buy it but I'd have to think it would be few compared to their normal target market.

Honestly, maybe it's because I've been exposed to the customs market, but anything under $1K seems like a bargain for this. As someone who doesn't have any Nolan Batman figures, it's a very enticing offering.

I really do hope we see them soon, along with the Arkham figures, but, right now, I just am very impressed by what HT is offering here. It's probably the most ambitious thing they've ever done that wasn't a vehicle.
Yeah admittedly as much as I really don't care for the movie the day a Batman Returns suited Batman is announced I'm probably in. Just for the fact that I have to think they'll have a Keaton sculpt with the ripped off cowl which to me is one of the coolest Batman on film moments despite me not liking the film much. I may even be in for a Pfeiffer Catwoman to be honest.

No need to regret it. That thing sucked.:lecture
I don't see why the DX12 gets so much hatred to be honest. It's a mostly solid figure with a couple of issues (which I think tend to get blown out of proportion but I'm also not as nitpicky as the average 1/6th collector).

Selling off my DX12 for this would make it somewhat affordable. I'm not going to do that since Alfred is the most interesting part of this

For some reason this cowl looks wider and more accurate. Am I wrong?

It looks slightly better and studying the picture, the eye shape looks the same to me. It might just be the eyelid painting. If that's how it looks I might just commission someone to do it for me

Let's be honest though, how many of us would really spend over that amount for this? Hot Toys are definitely not cheap items but I think they know that there is a limit to what people are realistically going to spend. Sure if they priced it above $700 there might be a few really hardcore collectors with a lot of money to toss around that would buy it but I'd have to think it would be few compared to their normal target market.

I don't know. Sold as 4 separate parts I'm sure they could get $800 out of a lot of people. But I do already have the DX12, so I have my limit. $700 max for the set.

The cowl looks a lot better.
I'm definitely going to try and get the big set.

3 quick questions:
1) is the bat suit removable and articulated like the DX12?
2) what exactly does q2-q3 2014 mean?
3) should I get just the armory or the man of steel superman?

Yeah admittedly as much as I really don't care for the movie the day a Batman Returns suited Batman is announced I'm probably in. Just for the fact that I have to think they'll have a Keaton sculpt with the ripped off cowl which to me is one of the coolest Batman on film moments despite me not liking the film much. I may even be in for a Pfeiffer Catwoman to be honest.

I rewatched the movie the other day, and it's much better than I remembered. I'm looking forward to the day we see those.

I don't see why the DX12 gets so much hatred to be honest. It's a mostly solid figure with a couple of issues (which I think tend to get blown out of proportion but I'm also not as nitpicky as the average 1/6th collector).

I'd agree with you? But the problem is that the couple of issues are, arguably, the biggest parts of the figure. The faceplates are terrible, and he has googly eyes. Frankly, I dealt with the googly eyes on my DX 02 no problem, as that was a minor thing, but, when you combine said googly eyes with terrible faceplates, you get a goofy looking Batman. With that in mind, he'd still look better than any other Bale on the market (that wasn't custom). However, it's when you look at the quality of HT's other work that it sticks out like a sore thumb. West looks phenomenal, and we all know how great Keaton is, but, until now, it actually seems like, from the neck up, each 1/6th Bale got progressively worse.

It depends on what setups you have. For example, I have a DX12 on my Batpod and took forever to get the cape futzing pretty decent in my opinion, so I don't want him going anywhere. I have the DX02 and 1 more DX12 in its box. With this set, I could replace the Batpod DX12 head with the newer better one and leave the body to be with the armory. Then I could sell that extra DX12. However, I always wanted to have a HK extraction Batman and now having a standalone Batman to replace my DX02 would be nice too, so I could try to keep the DX12 and switch every now and then between HK and standalone while picking up an extra new cowl part for the standalone or if I can afford, just get a new separate body overall but that may be costly. I'm still trying to figure out how to cut costs.

3 quick questions:

1) It's the same suit as the DX12
2) q2= Second quarter of the year
3) This, if you don't own a Nolan Batman figure

3 quick questions:

Q2 -Q3 means between the 2nd and 3rd quarter, so from start of summer to start of winter.

I don't know. Sold as 4 separate parts I'm sure they could get $800 out of a lot of people. But I do already have the DX12, so I have my limit. $700 max for the set.
But honestly though how many people are really going to shell out that kind of money for it? Hot Toys has a lot of us in their clenches but I think they are smart enough to know that if they price something like this too high that they're just going to sit on a lot of product. Sure they'll have the really die hard Nolan Batman lovers who will have to have it but even among those collectors I bet some would opt for just the armory or maybe the armory plus Alfred.

1) It's the same suit as the DX12
2) q2= Second quarter of the year
3) This, if you don't own a Nolan Batman figure

Lol thanks and my second question wasn't meant to be literal, I know that q2 means quarter 2, I meant an estimate of a possible release month?

One thing I was thinking was getting the set and then a Bruce Armory set if they offer it, and just sell off the spare armory sans the Batsuit and Bruce clothing and the DX12.

I rewatched the movie the other day, and it's much better than I remembered. I'm looking forward to the day we see those.
I don't think I'll change my mind on it at this point. As a child I loved it but now I really do hate it. It has some elements that I like but overall as a film I think it's ****. A lot of my hatred for it stems from DeVito's Penguin.

Re: Hot Toys- The Dark Knight Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

1544989_606795902726730_62361769_n.jpg

Is this going to be considered a DX set, or something? I thought they didn't include PERS unless the DX title was attached.

Back