1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pictures JSchack15, love the Bat figure.

I've bought the Alfred sculpt and overcoat for cheap and managed to kitbash my Alfred figure. I'm blown away by the likeness of Caine and the quality of the overcoat. It sure gives this set a nice touch and i'm glad i've bought the Caine sculpt.

bt-armory-1.png

bt-armory-2.png

bt-armory-3.png

bt-armory-4.png

bt-armory-5.png

bt-armory-6.png

bt-armory-7.png

bt-armory-8.png

That Bale sculpt looks amazing and i love your display.

Beautiful pictures JSchack15, love the Bat figure.

I've bought the Alfred sculpt and overcoat for cheap and managed to kitbash my Alfred figure. I'm blown away by the likeness of Caine and the quality of the overcoat. It sure gives this set a nice touch and i'm glad i've bought the Caine sculpt.

bt-armory-1.png

bt-armory-2.png

bt-armory-3.png

bt-armory-4.png

bt-armory-5.png

bt-armory-6.png

bt-armory-7.png

bt-armory-8.png

Kato suit ?

Okay, just put it in without futzing yet. :yess: I am the master. :lol Not perfect, probably doesn't drape as well as the custom capes do, but hey, those reviewers ought to do a better job when they're showing off such an awesome figure... :wink1:

I like the fabric, it's like the QS001 fabric.

It's thicker and more "velvety" than the DX12. It's basically 1/6 version of the QS001 cape.

I wish I could remove that batarang compartment so I could put the grapnel holster in that spot on the MMS67 belt...

Is it still the double layered capes? I don't know why HT keeps doing that. Their zod cape is a thin single layer and lays very nicely.

Is it still the double layered capes? I don't know why HT keeps doing that. Their zod cape is a thin single layer and lays very nicely.

Both the DX12 and Armory capes are single layer, but different materials.

Finally opened my Armory. The box is gorgeous, but one of the corners got smooshed. Thanks Hot Toys/Sideshow! The cardboard, as has already been stated, is also on the flimsy side.

This is my first Batman figure and it looks fantastic. The fabric suit and the segmented armor are beautiful. This is the first time PERS has worked for me on a figure and I gotta ask, What's the big deal? :lol Hard to see unless you're up close and it's just one more thing that can go wrong.

The Armory itself is a very nice looking display piece - the weathering is well-done and the light-up function kicks ass. But the doors on either side and the swing-away shelves feel a little flimsy for the price. It seems like only a matter of time before the doors in front crack from the strain. :lol

Overall, I'd recommend it, especially if you're just beginning to build your Dark Knight collection, as I am. :) 87/100.

Finally opened my Armory. The box is gorgeous, but one of the corners got smooshed. Thanks Hot Toys/Sideshow! The cardboard, as has already been stated, is also on the flimsy side.

This is my first Batman figure and it looks fantastic. The fabric suit and the segmented armor are beautiful. This is the first time PERS has worked for me on a figure and I gotta ask, What's the big deal? :lol Hard to see unless you're up close and it's just one more thing that can go wrong.

The Armory itself is a very nice looking display piece - the weathering is well-done and the light-up function kicks ass. But the doors on either side and the swing-away shelves feel a little flimsy for the price. It seems like only a matter of time before the doors in front crack from the strain. :lol

Overall, I'd recommend it, especially if you're just beginning to build your Dark Knight collection, as I am. :) 87/100.

Totally agree with you about the pers, I just find it unnecessary. The set is awesome though, which version of the set did you end up getting?

I love PERS, for a number of dumb reasons. First, I like the fact that I know the figure's eyes are moveable, even if I'm usually too scared to move them. Second, they remind me of my old 'eagle eyes' Action Man! And third, and most important, I think he glass eyes or whatever they use look more realistic than conventionally painted eyes.

I know PERS doesn't work for every character - it's particularly good for masked characters, characters whose faces are covered or painted in some way or characters with stylised features like Jack Sparrow - but when it does work it works great. That said, I wouldn't mind if HT went the enterbay route of doing different kinds of eyes that can be put in and out.

Totally agree with you about the pers, I just find it unnecessary. The set is awesome though, which version of the set did you end up getting?

I just got the Armory with the Batman figure. It's already big enough, I can only imagine the full three-figure set. Dayum. :lol

I love PERS, for a number of dumb reasons. First, I like the fact that I know the figure's eyes are moveable, even if I'm usually too scared to move them. Second, they remind me of my old 'eagle eyes' Action Man! And third, and most important, I think he glass eyes or whatever they use look more realistic than conventionally painted eyes.

I know PERS doesn't work for every character - it's particularly good for masked characters, characters whose faces are covered or painted in some way or characters with stylised features like Jack Sparrow - but when it does work it works great. That said, I wouldn't mind if HT went the enterbay route of doing different kinds of eyes that can be put in and out.

While PERS will come in handy if I ever decide to pose Batman with his head down and eyes up - something reminiscent of a Kubrickian whackjob look - it might be more trouble than it's worth.

First, you have to slip that little tool up inside that head and latch it onto the little knob. Then you have to manipulate and finagle it just so...it's not very intuitive or user-friendly. It's like trying to pick up dry pasta with a pair of drumsticks.

Second, it's probably only a matter of time and one bad slip-up before it breaks. Just a little too much energy going in the wrong direction and your figure - and day - are ruined.

I was as careful as I could be and that still wasn't enough to calm my nerves. I've read far too many horror stories on this board not to have that fear in the back of my mind. :lol

That Bale sculpt looks amazing and i love your display.

Thank you very much man, much appreciated :)

I wish that sculpt came with the set.

i never was a fan of the ht attempt. it does have some similarities to bale, but still not that much.
nevertheless, some people also saying that this sculpt i'm using looks like bush jr. which i just can't understand. so each to its own i would say :p

北京国安;7340404 said:
Kato suit ?

shirt and tie is from master kato, jacket and pants from enterbay. i wish i would have also the jacket and pants from kato ;)

Back