1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OSB is still good. But it remains to be seen whether their plan to reduce order quantities speeds up their supply. They stated the problem was Hot Toys sending stock to their suppliers late, which is probably a production issue.

OSB is grey market and therefore not supplied through the 'official' wholesalers. So it sounds like they're at the end of the chain.

That's interesting, the few times they did address the delay of man of steel they were saying they were held up in customs because it was such a large shipment. Does make me wonder if they're coming up with different excuses or if there are numerous factors involved.

IDK, they just seem to take forever to get figures these days. I think a fair few people have been asking for refunds because they are waiting so long and just keep being fobbed off. I wish they could just be straight with you. I got sick of their excuses in the end and will not be buying from them in the future.
They used to be really good, but they gone downhill over the last couple of years. Maybe they can buck their ideas up in the future.

That's my problem, it's always been quicker to get stuff when released in Hong Kong from ebay but OSB had good prices and good service. But the current delays are ridiculous. I've used them for years but won't be using them anymore. Seems they've lost a lot of customers with their poor handling of the current situation.

Im guessing hes already paid for a deposit or full amount, since this was announced last year which I assumed when OSB still has its good reputation.

This is my situation, they let me order the full armoury set and pay in three instalments, so that helps with the price, but otherwise I think I'd be telling them to cancel everything I have on order and just go somewhere else. I'm tempted to do that anyway as I'm not wowed by the Bruce Wayne and I'm not really fussed about Alfred. I'm mostly after the new Batman.

But this guy's sweater would make Dr. Huxtable envious.

:lol

cosby.jpg

That's cool, so long as you aren't waiting on figures from him, you can always take your business elsewhere.

Yeah, but where in the UK? There's no one fast and reliable who doesn't make you pay through the nose. I've even been wondering if there's a gap in the market for a UK distributor.

Yeah, but where in the UK? There's no one fast and reliable who doesn't make you pay through the nose. I've even been wondering if there's a gap in the market for a UK distributor.

Who is the official HK distributor in the UK anyway? It's not OSB, is it? Also, have you thought about HK sellers like Timcent? Some of the UK buyers go to him, they get their figures before everybody else outside of HK and the immediate Asian markets but I'm not sure about their prices.

So I have the 'Fox' coming from Cotswold tomorrow. I had completely forgotten I ordered him until last week. I was going to sell him but he looks pretty good so I may keep him with the armory. Just when I'd gotten away from guys in suits I'd now have 3. :slap :lol

That's not exactly insulting or derogatory though. You're a piece of work!

You're a cool guy pixie, and I think overall you're a great contributor to these boards. But maaaaan is it difficult to get along with you on a day to day basis. You make it difficult. One minute everything is fine and dandy, the next it's arguing about petty horse ****. I tend to agree with you a lot, be it the issue of bootlegs to putting down other members that don't deserve it (like the scenario that played out here with "value" and packaging), but on the days you're "on", boy can it be unpleasant.
We agree on a great many things Fab, but put most of this one in the "not" bucket.
Or you are just being extremely (and uncharacteristically) nice.

:lol

How does the empty cowl attach onto the neck? Is it magnetized like the regular cowl? I'm trying to figure out if a mod would be necessary if one were to put the empty cowl on the DX02 since the neck post slots are a bit different. Also, is it confirmed to be the same exact body w/ fat suit or a more articulated one?

How does the empty cowl attach onto the neck? Is it magnetized like the regular cowl? I'm trying to figure out if a mod would be necessary if one were to put the empty cowl on the DX02 since the neck post slots are a bit different. Also, is it confirmed to be the same exact body w/ fat suit or a more articulated one?

Yesterday, I tried putting the exclusive cowl that came with Selina on the DX 02 neck post and it fit fine. It was a little tight, but the friction kept the mask on the neck post.

Who is the official HK distributor in the UK anyway? It's not OSB, is it? Also, have you thought about HK sellers like Timcent? Some of the UK buyers go to him, they get their figures before everybody else outside of HK and the immediate Asian markets but I'm not sure about their prices.

Thanks, I've started using Timcent and he's brilliant. I still worry about possible customs charges but haven't had anything yet. However, it would be nice to have someone in the UK. SS is too slow and the customs charges are always a rip off.

I had to compare the proto and final versions of that weird faceplate. I figured I might as well share:

I've been going a bit back and forth on the Bruce Wayne figure. I'm thinking it can look pretty good with a lot of futzing and care over how the pose affects the suit.

Quick and dirty mockup of the proto faceplate on the final version:

Could have been much nicer. Too bad it got messed up in production. The closed mouth looks great though and the angry mouth looks like it just needs neater paint on the teeth/gums. The 'ffff' plate, well, I'm not a fan of it on the QS either.

Back