1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The faceplate on the left looks like someone wearing a mask.

The faceplate on the right looks like an anime toy with a swappable faceplate that's too large and doesn't fit the plug properly the way it juts out. Also the gap between the lip and nose gives Bruce Willis a run for his money.

badmutha's shop in the middle . . . Just right.

Like I said in another thread, I fear for Robocop's production faceplates. The protos looked so good, please let them look the same and not unnatural, goofy and toy like. :pray:

The faceplate on the left looks like someone wearing a mask.

The faceplate on the right looks like an anime toy with a swappable faceplate that's too large and doesn't fit the plug properly the way it juts out. Also the gap between the lip and nose gives Bruce Willis a run for his money.

badmutha's shop in the middle . . . Just right.

Like I said in another thread, I fear for Robocop's production faceplates. The protos looked so good, please let them look the same and not unnatural, goofy and toy like. :pray:

I think this is the first time this has happened though. The faceplates (or should I be calling them mouthplates?) have always turned out about as close to the proto as can be achieved on any other figure I've seen. This is, of course, setting accuracy aside and just comparing proto (or revised proto) to final. The only other problem I can think of was the issue with how the DX09 mouthplates were cut across the top.

Hopefully this was just an isolated incident due to trying to rush it out the door.

Yeah, 66' West turned out great. His wackiest expression actually ended up being the best.

The mouth/chin sculpts do look different along with paint application (lips & teeth), but don't discount the effect of lighting on the overall appearance - which is completely different in each photo.

I've been drooling over this for months but decided to focus squarely on Marvel Hot Toys. But today I saw an article on Geet Tyrant talking about the Armory with some awesome photos and I had a small panic that if I don't get it now I never will (without paying silly money). I I just ordered it.

Right now I'm feeling a bit of retail guilt and regret. But then I look at the photos and I'm really damn excited!

I had to compare the proto and final versions of that weird faceplate. I figured I might as well share:

I've been going a bit back and forth on the Bruce Wayne figure. I'm thinking it can look pretty good with a lot of futzing and care over how the pose affects the suit.

I think it's the lighting because on the proto, the shadow casted by the nose of the cowl makes the proto mouth face plate look smaller and more fit than the final version. I think if the final version was lighted like the proto, it would look the same...:huh IDK

The problem I see with it is it looks like the space between the mouth and the top of the plate is slightly longer, and it doesn't sit in the cowl deep enough.

The latter happened with some of the QS too on some faceplates

I had to compare the proto and final versions of that weird faceplate. I figured I might as well share:

I've been going a bit back and forth on the Bruce Wayne figure. I'm thinking it can look pretty good with a lot of futzing and care over how the pose affects the suit.

Neither looks all that great, but I prefer the proto. The final version looks like a bad case of horseface. The cowls aren't in the exact same position (the one on the right should be titled slightly forward), though I don't know if that makes any difference.

The mouth plates look better in this photo - they've been pressed in further it seems. The open / breathing / Bale out of breath mouth still looks terrible.

Most definitely. I can't tell if it's just the paint on the eyes or if they sculpted them with slightly more squint. Either way it's a huge improvement.

Well I think it looks new sculpt. And the pupils are smaller I think, overall it looks more like the 1/4.

To be fair, he did make a lot of open mouthed, goofy faces in the movies, most of which can be seen without pausing.

There's so many moments in TDKR where he just tilts his head back and mouth breathes, like he got smashed in the head with a baseball back. That one scene where he tells Selina "not everything, not yet", looks like a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Kristen Stewart.

Maybe the mouths Hot Toys sculpted . . . are accurate!?!

Back