1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replys. I appreciate it.
I never purchase a figure intending to make a profit. (I have just purchased a brand new dx09 for the same reasoning you all have said. I don't care for the price. I just like and wanted the figure).
Just when it comes to hot toys and marvel they are producing new figures of the same character regularly and usually they are improved. It's crazy how much better TDW thor looks in compression to its previous releases.
I don't like owning multiple versions of the same character.
But you guys have made valid points and i think I'll buy it :)

Thanks for all the replys. I appreciate it.
I never purchase a figure intending to make a profit. (I have just purchased a brand new dx09 for the same reasoning you all have said. I don't care for the price. I just like and wanted the figure).
Just when it comes to hot toys and marvel they are producing new figures of the same character regularly and usually they are improved. It's crazy how much better TDW thor looks in compression to its previous releases.
I don't like owning multiple versions of the same character.
But you guys have made valid points and i think I'll buy it :)

Hope you enjoy it. It's one of my top 3 favorite HT figures. If buying off of ebay, make sure and request pictures of the item. With all the people here who have received paint rub on the arms, I'd ask your seller to document and show that there is no damage or defect to the figure. Look forward to seeing pictures of it when you get it!

Just a little offeth the back thou big, green, buffoon!

hulksocrazy.jpg

Hi guys
Just seen the prototype to the new thor figure - so is it basically same sculpt. Same body. But different suit. Is that all the differences are??? (Apart from accessories)
I'm pretty gutted they're using the same sculpt. I purchased the light armor version. I live in the UK. It cost me £225GBP intotal to recieve it. I purchased it based on that I loved the sculpt from the DW and the sleeveless look but - knowing they'd probably do the sleeveless look with the same body etc for AOU but I expected them to atleast change the headsculpt. Now this figure will be widely available with sellers in the UK at a cheaper price. I feel as though I've over paid by about £50GBP. Am I the only one who feels like this?

On the hot toys facebook page it says the prototypes for thor iron man hulk black widdow etc

Even hulk has the same sculpt.....

While it's true that the Tony Stark propulsion test head had been recycled too many times, remember that it's just the headsculpt, and the outfits varied. To name some: Propulsion Test aka Mech Test 2, Rose Hill, Mechanic, Silver Centurion, Mark 42, Mark 43. HT was sure that die-hard IM fans/completists would buy because there's something else with the figures that was worth the new purchase.

I believe they won't do that with Thor. The outfits have too subtle differences that non-completists/non-OC collectors can look past them and settle for the TDW versions that they already have on their shelves, should HT feel lazy and completely re-use the TDW head. They would definitely give this Thor something new for people to find it hard not to purchase. The biggest thing they could offer is a new headsculpt.

While it's true that the Tony Stark propulsion test head had been recycled too many times, remember that it's just the headsculpt, and the outfits varied. To name some: Propulsion Test aka Mech Test 2, Rose Hill, Mechanic, Silver Centurion, Mark 42, Mark 43. HT was sure that die-hard IM fans/completists would buy because there's something else with the figures that was worth the new purchase.

I believe they won't do that with Thor. The outfits have too subtle differences that non-completists/non-OC collectors can look past them and settle for the TDW versions that they already have on their shelves, should HT feel lazy and completely re-use the TDW head. They would definitely give this Thor something new for people to find it hard not to purchase. The biggest thing they could offer is a new headsculpt.

If they did offer a better HS or some cool extra i would probably just pick it up from TA when it's parted out. But i agree they do need to offer something new to sell a lot of these.

Back