1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they might but you never know, i was in the marketplace on the forums and saw one for a good price
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...or-265-shipped
Pretty much what i paid for it, since im in California i get charged tax from Sideshow, but I think i paid 257 for mine with tax and shipping.This guy has it for 265 shipped or 273 shipped with PP fees (I've bought 3 things on here so far and I always do PP fees).
Yeah I saw that too, but still can't pull the trigger. I guess the rubber arm and high price is making me hesitant.

I personally hope they don't come out with a sleeveless version for AoU and keep this one as the only one. It makes it unique and I think HT is starting to slip away from stuff like that.

I personally hope they don't come out with a sleeveless version for AoU and keep this one as the only one. It makes it unique and I think HT is starting to slip away from stuff like that.

There will definitely be one as HT knows this figure will make money. Look at the Mark VI Avengers version for example. The SAME bloody figure but from a different movie.

besides, it gives people a chance to get one that missed out on this one. I think too often people try to turn this hobby into a business. Buy an exclusive figure like this and then try to sell it for almost double. Just like the hell storm of complaining that happened when HT did the 2.0 AVP predator's. I was extremely glad since I missed the opportunity to get a Scar and Celtic in the past. The prices people were wanting were ridiculous and ofcourse they complained like crazy when the 2.0 versions came out cause it dropped their figure demand to almost zero.

I hope they do another sleeveless version for those who didn't get one, plus it will help put a stop to people trying to sell this one for $300 plus for a figure they paid $220! I'm sorry I just find that ridiculous to charge that, get what you paid for it sure and maybe a few extra bucks but when the average price is $300 or more that's just price gouging man!

In all fairness it cost most people around $250 for figure with packout. People sell for $300 - price of figure - pp fees and shipping puts profit around $20 (assuming no defect problems to deal with). Not really what I would consider price gauging but whatever.

My first light Thor has an arm issue in his left arm, the paint peeling more and more everytime i pose it. And i have just got the replacement body this morning, and it has the paint issue in both hands:slap, even worse to the previous. So i wonder should i blame SS to send me the 3rd body, because if the arms have this issue, it won't stop peel off. Feel a little bit guilty to do.

Hopefully they'll fix the issues this one had when they make the AoU version.

The movie is out in 9 months, if they do this one again it will be the exactly the same with some minor color changes. But with about 14 figures they could do for the avengers i'm not sure they will want to take up factory space to make two versions of Thor so soon. That would be space to make more IM figs :lol

I wish HT keeps this as the only sleeveless Thor. Why make it an exclusive if it becomes widely reproduced, albeit with minor color changes?

As for price gouging, they happen only when people buy. Being fairly new to this hobby I have missed a lot of figures I also want, but I refuse to spend 2 or 3x its SRP just for the sake of having it. The mark up is ridiculous, but what's even more ridiculous would be people paying up.

I don't mind some figures getting 2.0s, 3.0, etc. But keep off the exclusives. At least try to keep that "exclusive" word's promise. Don't get me wrong -- I am not trying to be an elitist. I am yet to have a single exclusive version in my collection. There are exclusives that I've always wanted to have but missed out on, though I don't wish for them to be remade as an understanding of what exclusive means.

I think the word 'exclusive' is just HT marketing ploy to make us collectors feel the need to increase pre-order volume.
Then later on they will just turn around and justify a re-release saying that minor improvements or additions have been made or use it as an excuse to 'help' promote a new movie.

Of course they're gonna re-release this for Ultron, they already sold it twice, you think they won't go for the hat-trick? All they have to do is paint it silver. Its too easy! They can't stop themselves! Look at PeaceMaker :slap Hell I bet they've already done it :rotfl They probably got an extra stock pile of Thors for the 'Movie Promo' edition ready and waiting, just sitting in one of Howards many vacant car ports. Hes probably built a little throne out of all the boxes. Need I remind you, this company is currently selling styrofoam. The same company that made Cowboy Tony Stark. The same company selling half an Ironman :lecture

I'm thinking his sleeveless look will be early in the film. There are shots of him in his chain mail armor, which will probably be in the final fight. If you remember he had a sleeveless look in Avengers, but went with the armored look. I think his sleeveless look is more for casual and armored is full on battle mode. He never really fought without his armor in 'The Dark World.'
Even Hawkeye seems to have his sleeveless look from the first movie but then he has the long overcoat.

10659020_850707598274189_8056074953712153050_o.jpg

Keep going back to this post haha so much truth in so entertaining a message.
Of course they're gonna re-release this for Ultron, they already sold it twice, you think they won't go for the hat-trick? All they have to do is paint it silver. Its too easy! They can't stop themselves! Look at PeaceMaker :slap Hell I bet they've already done it :rotfl They probably got an extra stock pile of Thors for the 'Movie Promo' edition ready and waiting, just sitting in one of Howards many vacant car ports. Hes probably built a little throne out of all the boxes. Need I remind you, this company is currently selling styrofoam. The same company that made Cowboy Tony Stark. The same company selling half an Ironman :lecture

So my waitlist for this at Sideshow converted. Question is, should I go through with it or cancel? I'm not sure if I want this one or the regular release mroe. Which one would you guys pick if you guys could only get one?

So my waitlist for this at Sideshow converted. Question is, should I go through with it or cancel? I'm not sure if I want this one or the regular release mroe. Which one would you guys pick if you guys could only get one?

I got the armored one. A more battle ready look.

There are both great but I picked the armoured version...don't regreat it one bit.

Wasn't sure which one, when this one arrived, knew I was keeping it. Planned on eBay, but as soon as I opened to check it......bad ass!

Keep it. You can always get the armored one later, since it's more common.

It really is an awesome figure, the pics don't do it justice at all. Plus, the base is a hell of a lot cooler than the regular version's/

Back