1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by the store earlier today too and it's in-store as well. Picked up AoU Cap and ASM2 Spidey 40% off :yess:

It's a great price if you really want it. Some people like the A1 version, I'm personally waiting for the Thor 3 version because I feel like we may get more/different accessories so I'm passing, but 40% off anything Hot Toys is really good.

WOW! Congrats dude.

This was the labor day sale, I guess, that I was waiting for when I asked them to hold the Cap for me. It was 40% off action figures, I asked if it was only going to be 8% off on Hot Toys like they do for the Sideshow statues, but they said it's for everything on their shelves so I picked those 2 up. They had Falcon, the Cap 2-pack, and a few others too I think, Arc creation Tony, Maleficent.

This was the labor day sale, I guess, that I was waiting for when I asked them to hold the Cap for me. It was 40% off action figures, I asked if it was only going to be 8% off on Hot Toys like they do for the Sideshow statues, but they said it's for everything on their shelves so I picked those 2 up. They had Falcon, the Cap 2-pack, and a few others too I think, Arc creation Tony, Maleficent.

That's weird that those items are not showing on sale online, but are in-store. Which location were you at?

Damn, Falcon at 40% off? That's the kinda deal I was waiting for on SSC. Is that in store only?

What about the Mk43?

I know they were having a labor day sale coming up, a few weeks ago they had 20% off statues. I didn't see the Mk43 there, nor Hawkeye which was another one I would've gotten. No Black Widow either, the Cap I asked them to hold onto for me like 2 or 3 weeks ago since I shop there a lot and the staff knows me, plus we talk movies a lot since they know I work in the industry. Just mostly older figures.

Well, just called all three locations, and they all deny selling any Hot Toys today or recently at 40% off in-store.

Kind of sucks, I was hoping I could get the 2-pack and Arc Tony held for my cousin to pick-up there,
especially at that price. :(

Congrats! I was sorely tempted, but I can't justify it right now. Shame, its a great price!

Thanks. I was waiting to find this at or around that price, hawking ebay. This is the version I want for my avengers. Just prefer the sleeved version. I'll just buy a AoU thor stand to keep it all neutral

So are the longer ankle pegs universal? Found some of the longer pegs from the John Matrix figure. I assume they would work with Thor but wanna make sure.

Not mine, but I had to share :lol

12049197_904515499627339_3578853324566976041_n.jpg

Hi guys, do you think he will have problem in the future if I keep him in this pose (like maybe the hand pegs getting loose eventually and the hammer drops?)

IMG_0231.jpg

Hi guys, do you think he will have problem in the future if I keep him in this pose (like maybe the hand pegs getting loose eventually and the hammer drops?)
]

While I'm not as experienced as many of the other posters here I would think this pose is ok. I don't think it's putting much stress on the wrist. I would think his arms down, hands at his sides would be more stressful on the wrist pegs. The ratcheted shoulder should hold up but I guess that's more of a concern than the wrist since that's what's really holding the weight of the hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the wrist pegs I would be concerned about, it's more so the bending of any joints while under stress. The elbow joint on the hammer arm on my Avengers Thor became a bit loose after a bit to the point where it won't even really stay stable at a 90 degree angle with the hammer in hand.

While the elbow joint in the pose pictured seems to be relatively straight and with the shoulder joints on this particular figure being ratcheted, as mentioned, this pose could perhaps render no adverse effects. However, just me personally, I wouldn't chance it.

I keep the elbows straight on my Thor too. I'm more worried about the sleeves flaking than the elbows weakening though. My Thor is in a similar pose. Maybe I should check to see if everything is holding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back