1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He hardly has the sleeveless look, 10 minutes if that during the movie, so this is the one I will go for. Also he never wears the helmet.
I also have to say this is by far the best likeness of Hemsworth Hot Toys have done.

Why don't you all wait for the Avengers 2 Thor? Thank God I do not collect the Marvel/Avengers Line.

Very few have the discipline that you appear to have. I would buy this and then if the Avengers 2 version is superior I'd sell this and buy that one. I wouldn't need more than one Thor, personally.

Since I have no Thor figures at all in my collection yet, I think I will go for this version over the sleeveless one. It's a pretty easy choice since the head sculpt and outfit is identical on both figures.

Why don't you all wait for the Avengers 2 Thor? Thank God I do not collect the Marvel/Avengers Line.
:lecture
I don't either anymore. The only IM figure I will own will be the DieCast MK3 when/if it ever comes out.

As for the others, I may get Cap from the new movie I may not. Thor, I'd like a better Helmeted version. Will probably get BW from the new Cap and that will be all for Marvel Studios. Marvel-Fox is a different story :lol
If you are constantly waiting for the next, unannounced release, then you'd never buy anything.

Not necessarily a bad thing...saves you money

Can't wait to get this one now after watching T:TDW, whilst the sleeveless one is good and adds variety to my collection this one is in it more and comes with a poncho so no brainer really. :p

Shouldn't this be up for pre-order on Sideshow today? Usually we get the pre-orders the same day as the glamor photos and official specs, don't we?

while both versions are extremely nice, i think i'll be going with this version as it had more of a dominant appearance in the movie.

Wow! I waited and I waited... I passed on ALL Thor figures because I thought they all looked like garbage... up until now. This thing looks AMAZING! They finally got the headsculpt right!

Purchased! :yess:

What's the difference between this one and the Thor: The Dark World figure?

this has the chain-mail silver arm armor and lousy base with a cloak/poncho while the other comes with a similar to evil superman base and no sleeves. the rest seems similar. and the silver armor seems painted or molded on so unlikely to be removable.

Last edited:

this has the chain-mail silver arm armor and lousy base with a cloak/poncho while the other comes with a similar to evil superman base and no sleeves. the rest seems similar. and the silver armor seems painted or molded on so unlikely to be removable.

This one's upper torso and arms are molded to looklike his shis skin-tight armored shirt.

the other one's upper torso and arms are molded to look bare.

if you look at where teh arms touch the torso, you can see the separation for the shoulder articulation.

Really, REALLY weird design choice. Passing.

Back