1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't speak for Civil War Cap, but the newer Thors tend to have a bit more physical presence.. This is an old photo when I first got AoU (these days he in my AoU display away from the rest of my Thors)

DSC_0240 (2).jpg

Road Worn and AoU are very similar..

Edit: My favourite head would be Road Worn. The detail just gets better with newer figures, and the paint detailing of Thor's beard is better on Road Worn than it is AoU.. TDW tends to be people's favourite expression.. None of the three really scream Hemsworth to me though. The most Hemsworth at this stage look to be the upcoming Gladiator and Infinity War.

So I've finally ordered this guy and should be getting him on Monday, this would be my third Hot Toys and my first Marvel Hot Toys so i'm pretty excited. Just had a few question.
So I was wondering how well he fits in scale with the Civil War Cap, I've heard the height on this guy is a tad smaller than the Aou version however I liked this guy more. I plan to get CW Cap later, so it would be nice to know. I've also heard there is a mod you can do to make him a bit taller using longer Foot pegs, is this worth doing?
Also If one is getting this Thor and CW Cap, what Iron man do you guys think would pair the best with them? I only plan to get one version of each character. My personal favorite is the Mk.46 but the price is pretty insane on that guy.
Lastly I'd maybe just like to know what to expect, is this guy still awesome, I know it's been a while since his release, but I heard so many people say this is still the definitive Thor and that the Head sculpt is still the best one, I know there are pics but they probably don't compare to an in hand reaction. Thank you.:wave

This figure was my first HT figure too. He's pretty impressive and still holds up with newer figures. I still think his head sculpt is one of the best. His mouth in particular. His teeth are slightly parted and you can actually see in the mouth. I have AoU Cap and he is I think a bit larger than Thor, but it's not bothersome. I've heard some people put in the longer ankle pegs to make up the difference. It's really a great figure. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've finally ordered this guy and should be getting him on Monday, this would be my third Hot Toys and my first Marvel Hot Toys so i'm pretty excited. Just had a few question.
So I was wondering how well he fits in scale with the Civil War Cap, I've heard the height on this guy is a tad smaller than the Aou version however I liked this guy more. I plan to get CW Cap later, so it would be nice to know. I've also heard there is a mod you can do to make him a bit taller using longer Foot pegs, is this worth doing?
Also If one is getting this Thor and CW Cap, what Iron man do you guys think would pair the best with them? I only plan to get one version of each character. My personal favorite is the Mk.46 but the price is pretty insane on that guy.
Lastly I'd maybe just like to know what to expect, is this guy still awesome, I know it's been a while since his release, but I heard so many people say this is still the definitive Thor and that the Head sculpt is still the best one, I know there are pics but they probably don't compare to an in hand reaction. Thank you.:wave

DW Thor is a bit short for a Thor Figure. I have Stealth Winter Solder Cap and he is a bit too tall for Cap so I took his long foot pegs off and swapped them with the shorter pegs on Thor. Made both of them perfect heights.

It’s a great figure although a bit loose in the ankles and the arms don’t pose upwards realistically but he does look amazing. I ordered the IW Thor because I prefer his ultimate form over comic accurate representation. I’ll be selling this one off. No room for more than one of any Marvel character except Spidey.

I prefer the MK45 for Iron Man. I sold off all the other armors I’ve owned for this one. I think this most represents the look of Iron Man when I read the comics.

Hope that helps.

So what would you guys suggest be the best way to fix the height issue and get him taller than cap and IM, would a full body swap be the best way? frankly the reason I went with this guy is the armor on his arms, seeing as how all the recent Thor's have been sleevless and also the expression. Oh and as for switching out foot pegs with Cap, would that just throw off the height of Cap in relation to everyone else?

No. Cap figure is too tall compared to everyone else. If he has long ankle pegs just swap them with Thor.

Can't speak for Civil War Cap, but the newer Thors tend to have a bit more physical presence.. This is an old photo when I first got AoU (these days he in my AoU display away from the rest of my Thors)

View attachment 408264

Road Worn and AoU are very similar..

Edit: My favourite head would be Road Worn. The detail just gets better with newer figures, and the paint detailing of Thor's beard is better on Road Worn than it is AoU.. TDW tends to be people's favourite expression.. None of the three really scream Hemsworth to me though. The most Hemsworth at this stage look to be the upcoming Gladiator and Infinity War.

I still like the first ht thor, even with skinny arms and legs, mostly because it has a helmet. I wish they would do a 2.0 of the first avengers version.

I still like the first ht thor, even with skinny arms and legs, mostly because it has a helmet. I wish they would do a 2.0 of the first avengers version.

I'm glad I have mine for no other reason than it's nice to have a helmet'd Thor. If he merely looked like a cheaper older version of Avengers Thor with slight costume differences I'd likely have only bought The Avengers version..

Hey guys, so I got this guy in and i'm very happy with it, but had a quick question, Any tips on tightening up foot pegs, they're a tad loose on this guy and was wondering if there are solutions for that?

Most Thor figures have loose ankles. You can try putting a small piece of paper on both sides of the ankle peg between the ankle and foot. Might tighten it up. I’ve heard of some people using super glue to add thickness to the ankle pegs.

Ah, so I imagine it's futile to try and display him without the stand, also the hammer throws off his weight as well. That's fine.

Is this the helmet from the original Thor figure?

Is this the helmet from the original Thor figure?

yes. The head is from AoU Thor and it was modded to fit the helmet. Helmet is not removable. I did not do this myself I bought it from another board member. It looks great even better than the helmet looked on original Thor.

Back