1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! It's a great figure. The only Thor I'll ever need. Only nitpick I had was his height. I made him a hair taller by swapping the long ankle pegs between him and Stealth Cap. Now they both look the right height.

Thanks! Yeah looking at other people's pictures it seems like this Thor is a bit too short. The AOU one however looks like a proper height. I opted for this one though as I wanted an armored version of Thor, as I have the sleeveless Roadworn Ragnarok version PO'd. I also prefer the headsculpt on these TDW figures as well.

He looks super thin in that first photo. Not sure why.

It's probably just due to my iPhone camera distortion. I took it sideways and then cropped it, as it actually seems to have less of a distortion when taking it that way. But it still shows up lol!

You're welcome.

I used to have mine in this pose, but have since changed it to accommodate for more space. I always thought it was pretty neat.

View attachment 212909View attachment 212910

Hey SilverStar your pictures here are actually some of the many I looked through to decide on getting this Thor. Thanks for the help man. You actually gave me that idea for the pose in my second picture. 🤙

Nice to see people just discovering this great figure. Easily the best Thor imo. If he had a helmet, he would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. Love the pics man.

Thanks! And thank you for the sweet deal on the figure man! Looks awesome in person [emoji106]

Nice to see people just discovering this great figure. Easily the best Thor imo. If he had a helmet, he would be perfect.

It really is such a nice looking figure. I was thinking that too, that if he came with the helmet from Thor it would've been even more awesome. I actually knew about these when they were announced, but at that time I told myself I'd never buy Hot Toys as they're much too expensive. I just checked out the pictures online. Little did I know that years later I'd go all in and asking when the next PO will be :lol

I have to say it is. This one had the best of both worlds. Armored and light armored. I originally only had the light armor version but till just a month ago I got the armored version. Have to say I'm really loving the armored one better. I just suggest switching the head sculpt to the AoU one.
DSC020061.jpg
20170828_000650.jpg
Also speaking about light and armored version. I just noticed they're two completely different arms from one another.

Nice pics! I'd like to get the light armored version too, but for now I have to stick with the Armored, and the Ragnarok version will be my sleeveless Thor.

The AOU looks good as well. I like the silver armor parts, but I prefer it without the undershirt and just have the exposed skin at his pecs, underarms and lats. It looks cooler that way in my opinion. I do like the added height to the figure as well.

A little more elbow bend would've been great, but as is he can still pull off some nice poses. Here's another:

bd88b267933a68efebe48739aacac39c.jpg

Thanks! This for me is also the classic MCU look for Thor. I do like all his outfits so far though.

So I've finally ordered this guy and should be getting him on Monday, this would be my third Hot Toys and my first Marvel Hot Toys so i'm pretty excited. Just had a few question.
So I was wondering how well he fits in scale with the Civil War Cap, I've heard the height on this guy is a tad smaller than the Aou version however I liked this guy more. I plan to get CW Cap later, so it would be nice to know. I've also heard there is a mod you can do to make him a bit taller using longer Foot pegs, is this worth doing?
Also If one is getting this Thor and CW Cap, what Iron man do you guys think would pair the best with them? I only plan to get one version of each character. My personal favorite is the Mk.46 but the price is pretty insane on that guy.
Lastly I'd maybe just like to know what to expect, is this guy still awesome, I know it's been a while since his release, but I heard so many people say this is still the definitive Thor and that the Head sculpt is still the best one, I know there are pics but they probably don't compare to an in hand reaction. Thank you.:wave

Back