Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.
I considered posting: "Sure, the head is huge, but does anyone know who it's supposed to be yet?"
I didn't because there are always the people who cry when you post that, and act like you accused their mammy of sleeping with sailors because you insulted their dolly, lol.

His head wouldn't look so damn big if it weren't for that wide *** jaw.

You guys wanna make these photos look good

1) never snap a pic unless the body fills the frame
2) NEVER take a birds eyes shot it will make head HUGE body small
3) if you do not intend to fill the frame with the shot
If you intend to not fill the frame then follow the ultimate rule of thirds and either put him level shot straight on filling either the right or left hand side of the frame
4) Lighting 2/3rds of all the issues of the complaints of this figure is coming from lighting
The other 1/3 is from preference of headsculpt. I say this because we would take live subjects when I worked for a high end industry studio
Photographing people that were weight conscience or nervous with sessions and making them more appealing and much more relaxed and in a portrait before editing. That is not the case with this
However let it be clearly known That positioning and lighting contribute greatly to the final outcome. I seen beautiful subjects where the photographer or camera was not up to par or the shot was blurry and did not do any justice to the subject composition

Good advice. Bad photos and lighting bring up needless hate IMO. :lecture

And BTW, mine has shipped and will arrive this Friday!!! :panic: :yess: :panic:

Same here. Hopefully he ships out tonight. Either way I should have him next Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah most of the stuff I've ordered from them usually spills into the following week. Don't know why putting the brown shipper within another box takes more than 24 hours, but okay :lol

As a head it is a good sculpt. It just doesn't resemble Harrison Ford very much. I have mine with the face tilted downwards which improves the look of the figure.

I also noticed the hat i got(The deal i did got me the hat, head, jacket and a set of gloved hands), seemed tight. I know boiling water will do the trick, but it seems a bit big to me. Not sure if everyone feels that.

I wouldn't defend HT for the sake of it, but in the case of this Wolverine I just like the sculpt, both at proto and at production stage. I honestly see no difference apart from a difference between angles, lighting and photography itself. I'm not even fussed whether it resembles Jackman 100%, because to me it captures the character. I haven't even seen the movie this was based on.

The movie is okay. Worth a watch.
I like the sculpt too. I might even pick up the Last Stand figure now that there's a decent sculpt to go on it.

His head wouldn't look so damn big if it weren't for that wide *** jaw.

Yeah. It's not perfect.
Every now and then, HT give us a sculpt that's what we would expect of a bootlegger.
But it could have been worse.
This one can be salvaged.

I also noticed the hat i got(The deal i did got me the hat, head, jacket and a set of gloved hands), seemed tight. I know boiling water will do the trick, but it seems a bit big to me. Not sure if everyone feels that.

Do you have the right hair on the head? There are two hair pieces - one specifically for the hat which is naturally formed closer to the skull.

Bar said:
The movie is okay. Worth a watch.

I'll catch up with it eventually when I find a DVD cheap.

Bar said:
I like the sculpt too. I might even pick up the Last Stand figure now that there's a decent sculpt to go on it.

I wouldn't mind having the Origins figure to put this sculpt on.

Opened mine, great figure sculpt in hand is great and the stache isn't as prominent either. I tried a pose with him in the vest but my god is he skinny. So this is how he looks on my shelf.

IMG_20140218_202405_zps7392ad13.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Mine is in shipping process. I think I'll be getting the UPS quantum view notice by the end of the day, if not tomorrow.

Freakin Awesome pic man. :) A suited Bad Arse

Opened mine, great figure sculpt in hand is great and the stache isn't as prominent either. I tried a pose with him in the vest but my god is he skinny. So this is how he looks on my shelf.

Great pic. Looks the business!

Do you have the right hair on the head? There are two hair pieces - one specifically for the hat which is naturally formed closer to the skull.

Yeah. Out of the packaging(Which contained an Ada Wong head, two Alice bodies, a loose Reeve Superman, Indy head/hair/hat/other parts, and a Phil Coulson suit), i just tried it on the head(With the correct hair), and it seemed too big(The hat that is).
I am loving the sculpt though. With the eyes pointing straight ahead, but slightly upwards, i am seeing a lot of Ford in it! I am very pleased with my purchase. Might even try and track the full figure down now.

I'll catch up with it eventually when I find a DVD cheap.
Cheaper than downloading it?

I wouldn't mind having the Origins figure to put this sculpt on.

I can imagine that would look cool.
I am thinking of other customs to use the head on when i get mine.

Spoiler Movie relates….

I finally watched this movie about two weeks ago. Personally based on entertainment value and initial watching (no repeat viewings) I preferred X-MEN Origins Wolverine (more entertaining and more super hero feel). Anyways quick question when Wolverine lost his powers he still used his blades. When he retracted his blades there was no massive cuts or blood. Should it not have been open wounds that would require multiple stitches?

Spoiler Movie relates….

I finally watched this movie about two weeks ago. Personally based on entertainment value and initial watching (no repeat viewings) I preferred X-MEN Origins Wolverine (more entertaining and more super hero feel). Anyways quick question when Wolverine lost his powers he still used his blades. When he retracted his blades there was no massive cuts or blood. Should it not have been open wounds that would require multiple stitches?

From what I understand, he didn't lose his powers, they were just set back a bit so he wasn't healing as fast as normal

That's how I want to pose mine! Looks great! :clap

called sideshow yesterday and they reinstated my canceled order with the coupon discount...Sweet

Gotta love SS! :wink1:

Just got mine in, the 'stache doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Here's a few quick shots.

Great pics. As always, lighting is key to a good pic.
Likeness isn't the best i have seen, but good enough.

Spoiler Movie relates….

Just watching it right now.
He never has scars or open wounds where his claws come out, even when his healing factor is suppressed. I never paid attention before, but you are right.

Hmm? Never gave it much thought about this claws before. With those large gaps in his hands, he could possibly bleed out. :dunno

Back