Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has been posted here:

from OSR

1382098_197777290403078_1650223895_n.jpg

Ooh ooh swap it with the Origins outfit too! LOL

I was wondering why they didn't give this the DX treatment but then I remembered DOFP is coming up. I'm betting we'll get the definitive Wolvie with that release, including a couple head sculpts (older and younger) with 2-3 outfits.

I was wondering why they didn't give this the DX treatment but then I remembered DOFP is coming up. I'm betting we'll get the definitive Wolvie with that release, including a couple head sculpts (older and younger) with 2-3 outfits.

That would be awesome! 2-3 outfits would be sick

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait to get my hands on this guy, already ordered a few for bashing. Do wish he came with his fur lined coat, I want to make a bearded Logan.

Definitive? I doubt it. I mean, not if he's wearing a 1970's outfit. I bet they milk the line and make two separate versions, old and 70's Wolverine.

Placed my pre-order!
I haven't even seen the movie but this thing looks pretty damn impressive!
The head sculpt looks perfect to me.
Though the costume looks out of character for Wolverine, I don't even think he'd wear a suit to a funeral (probably the case in the movie), but I really like how the costume looks.
Yeah the costume on this figure is really simple but I liked the scene in the movie where he was wearing this look. Personally I don't think any of his movie looks have been definitive yet but wearing the all black suit he looks like a bad *** to me. The option of having two looks to choose from or even make a second figure with is cool too.

Definitive? I doubt it. I mean, not if he's wearing a 1970's outfit. I bet they milk the line and make two separate versions, old and 70's Wolverine.

I'd love for you to be right about HT milking an X-Men line. But they've only made 3 Wolverines out of 6 movies with @ 50 character possibilities. There is absolutely no reason to think they'll make many X-Men figures let alone milk the line. And again, I REALLY would love for you to be right.

I'd love for you to be right about HT milking an X-Men line. But they've only made 3 Wolverines out of 6 movies with @ 50 character possibilities. There is absolutely no reason to think they'll make many X-Men figures let alone milk the line. And again, I REALLY would love for you to be right.

Hot Toys really likes to make figures of current films. So they made the Origin figure when the film came out and now they are making the wolverine version. The first 3 films came out long before HT was great at making movie figures. So now they are going back to the old films, which is why we got the X3 version. As far as the 50+ characters, not really. Wolverine is the most popular character and is the one who sells the movie tickets and the most merchandise, hence why he's the only character in all 6 films. I think HT was making the first class figures too, but I'm not sure what happened to those figures? Maybe they'll release them when DOFP comes out, like they did with LOKI and the Avengers film, they waited for the most recent film and made that version, instead of the original Loki from the first film. I'm sure there are at least two more wolverines coming out.

My point was that there is no reason to think they'll milk an X-Men line. Even if they make 2 more wolverines, thats 5 figures in 6 or 7 films. Far from milking.

And although it was only months later, Wolverine origins went up for PO Aug 2009. 3 months after the film. X3 Wolverine, years later and The Wolverine 2 months after the film. I don't think any of us have a clue what the HT production plan is or will ever be.

Last edited:
I doubt they will make all figures ever. They may make a few more hard hit ones - wld love to see first class magneto and also mystique and may be charles from last stand but i know this may never happen. Plus i wonder even if they ever make these how do i create space for all this. Am a bit tired of keeping half of the stuff boxed up... :( :( ... Cause of no space. I think the reason they will avoid most is that they are weak on accesorries and are better off as statues. Just my views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My point was, that there is no reason to think they'll milk an X-Men line. Even if they make 2 more wolverines, thats 5 figures in 6 or 7 films. Far from milking.

And although it was only months later, Wolverine origins when up for PO Aug 2009. 3 months after the film. X3 Wolverine, years later and The Wolverine 2 months after the film. I don't think any of us have a clue what the HT production plan is or will ever be.

I guess by line I mean Wolverine :lol Still, 5 figures of the same character is a lot, considering the fact that he looks similar/same (to most people) in all 7 films, and one of them being a 1 minute cameo. I don't know if the other characters would sell, maybe Magneto? I guess only HT knows their production plans, and sometimes it seems even they don't know what's next :lol

I guess by line I mean Wolverine :lol Still, 5 figures of the same character is a lot, considering the fact that he looks similar/same (to most people) in all 7 films, and one of them being a 1 minute cameo. I don't know if those other characters would sell, maybe Magneto? I guess only HT knows their production plans, and sometimes it seems even they don't know what's next :lol

Like i said in my above post, most other characters are feature weak or rather accesories weak and are great candidates for statues. Even magneto which i want like anything will be poor on accesories, and so goes for most other figures.

Yeah as much as I like the X-Men I don't know how many characters would sell that well to be honest. Wolverine is a given since he's popular with casual and hardcore fans. The main other characters I could see being done and selling would be Professor X and Magneto. Possibly Cyclops too but his character in the films was kind of a let down.

I broke down and Pre Ordered this guy. I think the head sculpt looks more like Hugh Jackman than either of the previous figures and the options this guy has actually makes me feel like I'm getting something for my $225. I'm kind of thinking of trying to get the Last Stand X-men suit for this guy as well and have even more options for him... has definitely become one of my most anticipated figures now.

I placed preorder on bbts day before yesterday. It shows in my account preorder page. However i dont see any order number on it. Anyone has any experience with this? Also, my address may change in december so do i just change address and card details in my accounts page? Hope that does not cancels or affects the order in any way.

I guess by line I mean Wolverine :lol Still, 5 figures of the same character is a lot, considering the fact that he looks similar/same (to most people) in all 7 films, and one of them being a 1 minute cameo. I don't know if the other characters would sell, maybe Magneto? I guess only HT knows their production plans, and sometimes it seems even they don't know what's next :lol

In that case, I totally agree. :hi5:

5 Wolverine and no other X-Men would suck footBALLS, minis the foot. I made a list with a few other members right after First Class came out, and we easily came up with 30 characters that could have been made through 5 films. There is no logical reason ( spoken as a collector and not a 1/6 toy making business ) why we haven't seen and Ian Magneto, FC Magneto, either version of Xavier and many many others.

Personally, I don't think either of Wolverine sold well enough for HT to consider making other characters. But thats just my opinion.

Back