1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair price? It's a freakin' bargain!

Compared to the retail price, heck yeah!

However, I might be in the minority here but, I don't feel like the recent retail prices of close to $200 or above are really worth it. I have greatly cut back my purchasing of 1/6 due to current 'Hot Toys' prices. Maybe the pricing is justified. I don't know. All I know is most 1/6 figures (Hot Toys or not) are not worth $200 dollars to me. That is just my personal opinion and I know others might disagree.

All that aside, I think this is a great deal and I'm super excited to get this figure at what I feel is a reasonable price.

I remember the days people would say they would quit if prices ever hit $200+. It seemed unfathomable back then.

$138 for Batman and $128 for Robin, plus free shipping and over $50 in rewards can't be beat, I'll finally have the best representation of my childhood heroes on my shelf. Now I just hope they don't have a crazy after Christmas sale and blow these prices out of the water.

When you realize at that price, calculating in the cash back rewards of over $50, the figures are being sold at less that 50% their original list price, and you also figure Sideshow has to still be making some kind of profit on the sale, it's not too hard to determine how outrageously marked up these all are in the first place. Their margins have to be at least 200% what they get them for wholesale from HT.

$138 and $124 are what these should have always been price at from their original release when you compare against back in the day pricing (I just went way back into my account history to see when Tatooine Smuggler Han Solo was only $64.99...)

Can I use 2 promo codes in 1 order? Planning to use Cyber25 for robin and bf2514 for Batman. Or should I separate it?

Not enough of a fan to even justify spending the (amazingly low) price.

But man, what a bargain. Seriously, why PO anything?

Agree.....Sideshow should start selling their figures much lower and not worry about having to discount them this much off.......keep a fan base instead of losing them like myself.

Agree.....Sideshow should start selling their figures much lower and not worry about having to discount them this much off.......keep a fan base instead of losing them like myself.

Agreed, as much as I really wanted to buy these, the original price kept me away. Had this offer not been available, I would have never bought them.

Gahh, was never planning on buying these either... the price is too low. I can always sell it off later.

Have every HT batman pretty much... why stop now.

I used to watch reruns of the show with my brothers and mother. I really do feel bad about not picking these up...especially at $267...but there are other priorities now. I just hope these are still available another month or two from now.

Compared to the retail price, heck yeah!

However, I might be in the minority here but, I don't feel like the recent retail prices of close to $200 or above are really worth it. I have greatly cut back my purchasing of 1/6 due to current 'Hot Toys' prices. Maybe the pricing is justified. I don't know. All I know is most 1/6 figures (Hot Toys or not) are not worth $200 dollars to me. That is just my personal opinion and I know others might disagree.

All that aside, I think this is a great deal and I'm super excited to get this figure at what I feel is a reasonable price.

I agree with you 100%.

I spent north of $3K on Batmerch from Sideshow alone in 2014, and I'm taking 2015 off. $200 for an action figure that you can't handle, combined with an overrated headsculpt, was the last straw with me and HT. The prices, along with shoddy QC has taken much of the joy of collecting this stuff for me, so it's time to take a break. Regardless, I'll still have a fifty year collection of all things Batman, so it will matter little.

Seriously, why PO anything?

Yeah, I'm done with that, too.

I agree with you 100%.

I spent north of $3K on Batmerch from Sideshow alone in 2014, and I'm taking 2015 off. $200 for an action figure that you can't handle, combined with an overrated headsculpt, was the last straw with me and HT. The prices, along with shoddy QC has taken much of the joy of collecting this stuff for me, so it's time to take a break. Regardless, I'll still have a fifty year collection of all things Batman, so it will matter little.

Yeah, I'm done with that, too.

I can understand being frustrated about the potential snagging, but overrated headsculpt? I think that the positive reception to this figure has been entirely deserved. Even if it was just one sculpt, I would've said that, but the fact that they delivered an incredible likeness on all three faceplates cements it, in my opinion.

Holy discounted Hot Toys Batman!!! Couldn't resist over the weekend and picked up this figure too during the sale. I have always had a soft spot for Adam West's portrayal of Batman. Hopefully I can get pick up Burt Ward's Robin too before he sells out. I think I need to re-watch Batman: The Movie soon......

Back