1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially cancelled I'm afraid to say.

Well it wasn't really that hard but with other stuff coming out that I want and with space becoming a real issue I just couldn't justify fitting these guys in and missing out on some other figures that I really want in my collection.

I had to cancel a few weeks ago too, but it hurts oh so bad. :( That's why I've been avoiding this thread. They will be mine someday. Oh yes, they will be mine.

That's a bummer guys. For me it came down to this pair vs. iminime's Breaking Bad sculpts. Childhood nostalgia vs completing a custom set I've been waiting two years to complete :monkey2

That's a bummer guys. For me it came down to this pair vs. iminime's Breaking Bad sculpts. Childhood nostalgia vs completing a custom set I've been waiting two years to complete :monkey2

Oh I never really had a great urge to pick these guys up but did PO them due to them looking the part. But space is becoming a real issue and I just could not justify making space for these guys who I have no real connection with. I would rather that went to other figures.

I haven't been in this thread much but I will assume you went with the iminime's Breaking Bad sculpts Lejuan?

I'm working on it. I'm really trying to pick these up as soon as possible.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I was just looking at my figure, and noticed more little pulls in places where I barely touched him. Bah. I'm tempted by the Meis suit now, for the durability as much as the fact that it looks better and is more screen accurate. But I'm not sure if the figure is worth the total for the original plus the new suit. Freakin Hot Toys. This isn't a statue. He is meant to be posed. When that is the case, you can't have material that gets permanently messed up from moving a joint here or there.

Oh I never really had a great urge to pick these guys up but did PO them due to them looking the part. But space is becoming a real issue and I just could not justify making space for these guys who I have no real connection with. I would rather that went to other figures.

I haven't been in this thread much but I will assume you went with the iminime's Breaking Bad sculpts Lejuan?

I'm pretty sure Lejuan went with Batman & Robin...right Lejuan? Lejuan?

I was just looking at my figure, and noticed more little pulls in places where I barely touched him. Bah. I'm tempted by the Meis suit now, for the durability as much as the fact that it looks better and is more screen accurate. But I'm not sure if the figure is worth the total for the original plus the new suit. Freakin Hot Toys. This isn't a statue. He is meant to be posed. When that is the case, you can't have material that gets permanently messed up from moving a joint here or there.

That sucks. Is the suit really that bad?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

They are fairly minor, but you can easily see them when you look up close. I never used my fingernails or pinched it, as the instructions say, but there they are. It's annoying of course, when you've got a flawed $200 doll.

Mine arrives Monday. If the logo is good I'm carefully taking the suit off and storing it in a bag. And waiting for Tony's suit to replace it. Might put it on eBay to recoup some cash.

Nup. I sacrificed two minty fresh Trevor sculpts for the Duo. I have Trevor's Walt V1 sculpt, and while it doesn't hold a candle to his recent version, it's still a great sculpt that I'll have to be content with. My missus didn't make it any easier. When I told her what I was doing - offing my now-spare chemsuit and gasmask that I'd had stored for a Jesse sculpt - she said, "But you can't have Walt without Jesse" :gah: But I just can't push my wallet that far.

I'm working on it. I'm really trying to pick these up as soon as possible.

I think these will be around for a while at MSRP - good luck in swinging the finances :)

I came to the same conclusion - Tony's set is very reasonably priced for what it is, but it'll still take the cost of this figure to another level. I'm just going to wear any pulls I get through careful handling, andI'll treat the figure the same way as CR Superman - only handle the non-fabric parts and pose set and forget. Not ideal.

I'm pretty sure Lejuan went with Batman & Robin...right Lejuan? Lejuan?

:) I don't regret my choice, but I do regret the lack of a fat wallet that made me choose in the first place.

My Tony Mei Upgrade with 12inchfigures Background
batman cave with car.jpg

Totally agree, especially when mine were already there when I got it, the thing couldn't even make it out of the factory in tact.

Back