1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I'm not one to complain but I can't accept this one. From a distance they look like 'lumps' on the suit. Logo is good though.

Hoping Sideshow help, first time I've had a drama with a figure, I'll post a pic soon.

Mine arrived from overseas today. Just a couple of simple pics to prove my figure has no issues.

13995193554_f30d34702d_o.jpg

13991556332_04cc272fb5_o.jpg

The suit is stupidly fragile and I think one of culprits of the snagging issue is those fasteners for the cape. They come loose in the package and they are so difficult to get on. Speaking of the cape it is by far the best Hot Toys cape of figures I own but that isn't saying much. It's manageable but I may look elsewhere for another one. For me West beats Bale and Keaton both in figure terms and actor terms but I'm just being a fan boy. Robin is on his way. Should be an impressive display.

Mine came fine. Couple snags near the seam between the thigh but nothing too glaring. Emblem is centered too.

I wonder if fixative would alleviate the snagging issues? Can't say if there would be a reaction between the material/dye and the fixative, but it just might work.

OH MY GOD IT WORKED. I tried just with a regular scouring sponge. I feel like such an idiot now! I'd tried wiping it off with some water and cloth and nothing, but the sponge ...

Thank you very much, DutchAzlon. You turned my remorse into 100% appreciation of pure West, and isn't that the best gift anyone can give?

I'm only seven figures in to this sixth scale collecting (that is items, not dollars), but I've learned my lesson now. I'm only touching them while wearing cotton

gloves from now on!

Thanks again.

You are most welcome sir glad to help out a fellow collector. After reading on this forum all the issues with how fragile the suit is I ended up using rubber surgical gloves to help avoid snags etc.

Just paid for my 66 Batman and Robin and both are shipping soon from Sideshow! I pray they both get me in snag free, straight emblem condition!

Just received my Batman, haven't opened it yet. I might wait till I get Robin next week. Hopefully no problems.

I received mine last monday but since i have been saddled with a nasty case of Strep throat and fevers /body aches and ringing in the ears...I have not been able to open him until now. 1st impression is the suit is beautiful but as advised by others very sensitive to pulls ..also mine came with a head that does not stay on too well..I had to really press hard...the different face pieces are also well crafted along with numerous accessories..I decided in my second pic to put in the angry face so that it goes with the other bat figures i have...well done hot toys ..well done..almost tempted to get robyn.

Attachments

• adamwestbatman.jpg
    adamwestbatman.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 852
  • HotToysBatmangroup.jpg
    HotToysBatmangroup.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 654
My Batman arrives tomorrow! Robin gets charged then as well should have him middle of next week, can't wait!

Edit: I am thinking about a small batcave dio for these guys... Gonna have to do some thinking/research on this

I agree that you must have the Dynamic Duo. Batman is great on his own, but add Robin, and he's even better.
347k6qd.jpg

Quick pic of these guys together.
It makes a change o have a colorful figure or two in a Batman collection made up of very dark costumed figures.

My Batman arrives tomorrow! Robin gets charged then as well should have him middle of next week, can't wait!

Edit: I am thinking about a small batcave dio for these guys... Gonna have to do some thinking/research on this

I've been researching to build a batcave as well. I found a great floor plan image and am waiting to get the batmobile dimensions so I can calculate everything against its scale.

I'm one of those weird guys who just wants Batman :lol

Robin looks good but IMO he is a $190 accessory to Batman. Also I know if get Robin, I'll want the Batmobile. I already have both the Tumbler and 89, If I came home with the 66 my wife would probably murder me hahaha.

I'm one of those weird guys who just wants Batman :lol

I'm right there with you. I hate Robin. In every shape, form & incarnation. Him and all his clones, predecessors and wanna be's.

Although I kinda like his little green slippers though...very fashionable. :slap :wink1: :lol

I opened up mine today. Beautiful figure, maybe the best I own. Unfortunately the Bat Symbol on his chest is not centered. It's not too bad, but it's off to the right just enough to bug me. I guess if I pose him correctly, it won't be noticed.
No snags.
My Robin ships tomorrow, can't imagine one without the other!

Last edited:
wow and i thought i was the only one with those sentiments....pure Batman fan only!!!
I'm not much of a Robin fan either, but I think Burt Ward's version is an exception though. He so embodied the character in that era - & as well as the show being great, the figure is pretty much a shrunken doppelganger. It's an excellent piece.

I wasn't going to bother with this Robin at first, but I know I'll be sorry later. If I change my mind afterwards, I'll just sell it on.

I'm on the fence about Robin as a character. I never understood why a lone vigilante dressed in black (to supposedly hide in the shadows) would ally himself with a brightly colored child prodigy. I know it was fashionable in the 40's comics for heroes to have a youthful sidekick (supposedly it brought in younger readers) but it never made sense pertaining to Batman. At least not in the comics.

My rational for buying THIS Robin figure however is simple: This is NOT the comics version of Batman and Robin! THIS Robin comes from a different media with a different tone. The campy, colorful, sometimes psychedelic, 66' television version was as much about the "Dynamic Duo" as the "Caped Crusader"! Anyone who watched the show growing up wouldn't even consider one without the other!

There's a reason Sideshow hasn't announced a Robin to join their "comics-based" DC 1/6 line (and I wouldn't buy him if they did) but Bruce Wayne needs his Ward...Burt Ward that is. ;)

Back