Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20131209_143330_zpsff4d9f0d.jpg
20131209_143448_zpsca7ecc2c.jpg
the last pic show it pulled apart ,not looking very promising im afraid ,i hope i just got a bad one because i cant see the fabric holding up to well to handling and posing if they are all like this

Bad news indeed Libby. Good thing I treat most HT figures like statues anyway, once they're posed, they pretty much stay that way.

heres a update first pic the unstuck side ,second pic the stuck together side ,third pic stuck side with me pulling down trying to separate the stuck bits
20131209_150838_zpsbfbc9f85.jpg
20131209_150831_zps34045212.jpg
20131209_150855_zps973a5c18.jpg

That looks bad. Do you live in a very humid place Libby? It looks like it was exposed to some extreme heat.

nah ,the north west of England ,trust me its not known for its temperate climate lol ,whether it could have been affected on its travels from hong Kong to the UK ,it was shipped bubble wrapped in a padded envelope ,i dont know ,i hope so as it would suck if supes turns out this way ,im going to push his arms by his side overnight to see if it resticks ,fingers crossed it doesnt

nah ,the north west of England ,trust me its not known for its temperate climate lol ,whether it could have been affected on its travels from hong Kong to the UK ,it was shipped bubble wrapped in a padded envelope ,i dont know ,i hope so as it would suck if supes turns out this way ,im going to push his arms by his side overnight to see if it resticks ,fingers crossed it doesnt

Gonna pose my supes likes he's doing a jumping jack

There are tears on the suit for Supes on display at conventions as well. I fear this will be a common issue for this line if they don't sort this out with the fabric they're using.

20131209_143330_zpsff4d9f0d.jpg
20131209_143448_zpsca7ecc2c.jpg
the last pic show it pulled apart ,not looking very promising im afraid ,i hope i just got a bad one because i cant see the fabric holding up to well to handling and posing if they are all like this

I bought a spare suit for a custom MOS.

When it arrived, I was pissed as I had the exact same thing on a sleeve. My first thought was that the seller had accidentally cut it will removing it and stitched it before shipping.

Turns out I was wrong and the suit had just "stuck" on itself!

Now for the good news: I gently pulled it until it got apart and it unglued quite easily. First it left a bad looking crease, but after a day or two, it had completely disappeared!

However, I wouldn't leave the guy in action poses too long...:lecture

good to know ,i hope it works out on mine ,ive got his arms down by his side and it looks like its starting to stick to its self again already ,ill check it in the morning and report back

hey just noticed the custom man of steel bit in your reply ,how did it turn out ,id love to see your take on it

I bought a spare suit for a custom MOS.

When it arrived, I was pissed as I had the exact same thing on a sleeve. My first thought was that the seller had accidentally cut it will removing it and stitched it before shipping.

Turns out I was wrong and the suit had just "stuck" on itself!

Now for the good news: I gently pulled it until it got apart and it unglued quite easily. First it left a bad looking crease, but after a day or two, it had completely disappeared!

However, I wouldn't leave the guy in action poses too long...:lecture

thanks for the heads up! looks like the arms on mine will be staying down, I kinda figured this might happen with that type of suit

I haven't started it yet!:)

I'm modding the Jor El body at the moment ( bulking the arms and legs especially), but more importantly, I'm waiting for the Modern Life hs to gauge it's size!

are the modern life head sculpts not available yet ,as you haven't got yours in hand yet ,or are you waiting ,like me lol ,to see if anyone offers a hot toys like painted non resin version ,im looking at you enter bay lol

Just opened mine up. I am completely baffled as to why the stand is so complicated and have no idea where or how to even secure the figure. Why didn't this just come with a regular stand?

nq0dXpt.jpg

Is it sad that I'm obsessing over the fact that the left seam doesn't line up with the shoulder plate while the right does?

This figure looks sensational from every angle, wasn't the jorel scheduled to ship in April closer to ht mos and zod? I guess mine should be comin this month then!

Back