Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you hate Russell Crowe?

His reputation. His face. Anytime he's interviewed, he comes off like a prick. He's like a pudgy George Carlin without the sense of humor or charisma. He's been in some great movies, but he's never stood out as the best part of them, for me.

He arrived today....just a quick shot out of the (very nice) box....

First impressions....very nice. Great sculpt, paint apps. Like the outfit...a bit crumpled from being in the box, but hopefully it'll relax some.

Haven't wrestled with the stand yet, put him on a spare c-grabber for now..

I like him....he looks great!

Awesome. :hi5:

Let us know what you think.
:hi5:
this figure is great! love! paint, sculpt, clothing all of it!

One of my favorite parts is the cape. not to thick and just drapes nicely. Hate to say that others were right bout the base size. While beautiful, it's frickin' huge! Going to really figure out a good way to display these. Might have to make a couple custom decals for the regular HT stand just so I can have the 3 in one case along with the Collector's edition tin case. Now I can have a Reeve inspired shelf and a MoS inspired shelf :yess: oh and I LOVE the box. I know some think it's cheap but I think it's rather nice. Glad it wasn't the cookie cutter marvel box style.

His reputation. His face. Anytime he's interviewed, he comes off like a prick. He's like a pudgy George Carlin without the sense of humor or charisma. He's been in some great movies, but he's never stood out as the best part of them, for me.

There's some actors I can't stand, so I what you mean. As for him not standing out in his movies, I strongly disagree. Gladiator, Cinderella Man, 3:10 to Yuma, all fantastic performances by Crowe, and the list goes on and on.

Very nice figure for sure. I definitely agree with others that the base is too damn big. It looks nice but just takes up a lot of space for being relatively simplistic, I would have preferred a diorama base if they wanted to do something special.

Picked him up from UPS and got a chance to look him over. Fantastic overall. Sculpt and suit are tremendous. Not waxy at all. Cape needs some work out of the box for sure. Base is of course way too big and the bendy rod is absurd for this figure. Here's his setup until Supes and Zod join him. Then he gets a regular stand.

Picked him up from UPS and got a chance to look him over. Fantastic overall. Sculpt and suit are tremendous. Not waxy at all. Cape needs some work out of the box for sure. Base is of course way too big and the bendy rod is absurd for this figure. Here's his setup until Supes and Zod join him. Then he gets a regular stand.

Is that a twisty tie I see in the back of your Detolf holding those LED wires? For shame! :nono :lol :rotfl

Sadly yes. Just place holders for now though. I just put those lights in.
You want to get a pack of small cable ties. It will keep them in place nicely.
I use blu tack to route the wires back along the side of the glass to the bar at the rear(On the first shelf, then cable ties used for every other shelf), then the cable ties down the bar to a hole i drilled in the base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3gz936C68

Very cool thanks! I may try this way. I had just picked up some clamps to hold the wiring but this may be better. Honestly I need to upgrade the lights too. I was sent the hideous dull yellow ones. :gah:

Very cool thanks! I may try this way. I had just picked up some clamps to hold the wiring but this may be better. Honestly I need to upgrade the lights too. I was sent the hideous dull yellow ones. :gah:

I think those are the only ones they do now...
I have two full sets per detolf, and have them controlled with a remote control socket system.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKXs4fs4mo[/ame]

Back