Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

I feel you guys. I'm shocked at the reception both this and star spangled cap murica are getting. Yeah sure, they're not heavy hitters, but c'mon, a little variety goes a long way.

It's a shame really.

I have no idea. Something about it "looking cool," whatever that means.

It may look cool, but it doesn't suit his role in the movie imo. In the movie he is more a guide and a councelor than a warrior. I agree the armor version may look better but it FEELS worse so I'm very happy with this version :)

I think hot toys are pretty perfect, i can safely say this after almost investing in every decent figure they came with. They loose the essence sometimes with an expressive sculpt like toby in the black suit version ... Just my view (am sure many loved that too) . However i have seen people typically cry just for the sake of it. If you look at your own pictures, each picture will be slightly different and what you see in a toy is a static capture of a sculpt unlike what we see in movies and also in pictures which has slight variances from image to image. Anyone who is crying about this sculpt not looking RC ... I mean come on. People also come up with wierd inputs like of the forehead is a bit off, oh something about the chin, and then buy custom figures which are rarely as close as these at yes obscene prices. I am not saying a custom figure is bad or something so pls dont start shooting arrows. All i am saying is pretty perfect is good enough cause there is nothing in this world that is perfect. I say in a glance it looks like the actor its good enough for me. I hate when they get accesories wrong, or shoes and clothing messed up.

Because everyone knows that people don't buy figures they like and pass on the ones they don't. They simply buy every figure (good and bad) until they run out of money and then they start lying about some made up concept called "lack of interest" to save face over their shameful poverty.

Lol. Incidentally, i noticed on the "2013 exclusives" thread, you win the prize on the first correct guess, so far anyway.
Bravo!
:clap

It may look cool, but it doesn't suit his role in the movie imo. In the movie he is more a guide and a councelor than a warrior. I agree the armor version may look better but it FEELS worse so I'm very happy with this version :)

Have to agree, this look does suit his character in the movie. The armor would have just been icing on the cake. While I think the sculpt is incredible, I'm only in this for Supes.

I agree, would love to have gotten the robot helpers and his battle armor. The rocket ship was always going to be too big and drive the cost too high. They could release Lara and throw in the robots - and I was a bit surprised by the likeness but it has grown on me. Crowe seems to have a bit more flair to his hair in the film whereas the doll has a more matted down look but that's just my perception.

Because everyone knows that people don't buy figures they like and pass on the ones they don't. They simply buy every figure (good and bad) until they run out of money and then they start lying about some made up concept called "lack of interest" to save face over their shameful poverty.

Wow. It all makes sense now. Here I thought people just had differing opinions, but in reality they like everything, but they're just afraid to admit they can't afford it all. If been collecting toys all my life and this hobby still throws me for a loop sometimes. Holy guacamole.

Surprised the PO for this hasn't come up yet.

Surprised the PO for this hasn't come up yet.

ONe of the lesser-known local dealers just posted this for PO at the same price as MMS 200 Superman. Not sure how reliable his pricing guide is, though, as the other retailers would usually coincide with SSC's PO announcement and have the prices match with that of SSC's.

Hoping the PO is prior to SDCC so we can get some real Krypton-shakers like Zod & Faora...but that's not to say I'm not stoked for Jor-El...can't wait!

Please try to avoid spoilers in this thread if possible. It's only been out a few weeks, and this isn't the thread for the film. . .having said that, I personally try to avoid threads related to any characters for a film I plan on seeing. It's inevitable that spoilers will crop up at some point.

christian-bale-wtf.gif
Sd4MDBW.gif

Wow. There is just no pleasing some people.
. . .
I kid, I kid...but really. It does seem most of the time in here that NOTHING that's announced will please some of the folks in here...
I get where you're coming from here. But to put my spin on this, in general, Hot Toys feels like they release three types of figures:

-Category 1: Iron Man, Batman, and Joker (surely deserve their own category since this is over 50% of HT's focus)
-Category 2: Other cool characters huge chunks of collectors want (Wolverine, Indiana Jones, Naked Snake, Robocop, etc.)
-Category 3: Non-essential, often easily passable secondary characters like Fatburn, Odin, Jor-El, Angelica, Ada Wong, etc.

If I'm fan of a license, then I sometimes want that category 3 of course. But there's a trade-off in HT's resources, and so usually, I'll prefer more character to fit into that second category. So, your Marty McFly, police assault T-800, Rocky, Rorschach, Reynolds Green Lantern. . .even something that's not a huge geek crowd pleaser like Michael Jackson or James Dean fits into this category, because they aren't secondary, supporting figures.

Whenever we see a Fatburn or Jor-El shown off, part of me thinks, "dang, one more of those guys instead of McFly or Rocky." And at a certain point, HT will put some of those other characters aside (as they did with Green Lantern and Rorschach), so it isn't like these are guaranteed to happen even if hinted at/promised. Hot Toys has limited resources and a choice for an Odin means we don't get Thor 1 Loki. . .

So anyway, I think there is a justification in folks being disappointed with something like this.

Khev. . .if you reveal my private motivations and behaviors to the forum again, we're gonna have words :cuss

karamazov80 said:
I get where you're coming from here. But to put my spin on this, in general, Hot Toys feels like they release three types of figures:

-Category 1: Iron Man, Batman, and Joker (surely deserve their own category since this is over 50% of HT's focus)
-Category 2: Other cool characters huge chunks of collectors want (Wolverine, Indiana Jones, Naked Snake, Robocop, etc.)
-Category 3: Non-essential, often easily passable secondary characters like Fatburn, Odin, Jor-El, Angelica, Ada Wong, etc.

If I'm fan of a license, then I sometimes want that category 3 of course. But there's a trade-off in HT's resources, and so usually, I'll prefer more character to fit into that second category. So, your Marty McFly, police assault T-800, Rocky, Rorschach, Reynolds Green Lantern. . .even something that's not a huge geek crowd pleaser like Michael Jackson or James Dean fits into this category, because they aren't secondary, supporting figures.

Whenever we see a Fatburn or Jor-El shown off, part of me thinks, "dang, one more of those guys instead of McFly or Rocky." And at a certain point, HT will put some of those other characters aside (as they did with Green Lantern and Rorschach), so it isn't like these are guaranteed to happen even if hinted at/promised. Hot Toys has limited resources and a choice for an Odin means we don't get Thor 1 Loki. . .

So anyway, I think there is a justification in folks being disappointed with something like this.

:goodpost: :exactly:

For the part i bolded, that's me when for example a main character like Magneto is passed over for a barely there side character like Maria Hill.

Last edited:

Will be less than 200. They know they gotta price it right especially cause not much accesories.

It's probably going to be in the $200-210 range.

Looks great, will probably get it but not sure at this point and I'm sure it will be the same price as Superman.

Back