Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

I sort of wish that the figure included both robes so that we could alternate between the one he's wearing in the beginning of the film (which is what the figure has) and the one that he wears later when appearing to Kal/Lois if wanted.

How different are the robes? Is it possible that the chest and shoulder pieces might be removable?

How different are the robes? Is it possible that the chest and shoulder pieces might be removable?
They're pretty different. The other one is blue and is open all the way down and doesn't have the armor look on the chest area.

They're pretty different. The other one is blue and is open all the way down and doesn't have the armor look on the chest area.

Yeah, I know about the chest stuff, but it's really difficult to get a read on colors with this film. There's a lot of cool, blue lighting. It's hard to tell what's light and what's color. I was just thinking that, if it was the case of the former, perhaps, he'd have a removable chest piece, with an open view of the Kryptonian undersuit underneath. Makes me wonder if we won't see some of these as Con exclusives in the future, once they've got every TDK character done and over with.:lol

That's a good point. I didn't realize they were different.

Looks great but I'd prefer battle armour Jor-El

The most overused picture relating to collectibles EVER.

christian-bale-wtf.gif

I thought at least he would come with his stupid little robot assistant?
Head looks good, not great, body/arms look too chunky as with Supes. Stand is too big. Will buy 2.

Wow. There is just no pleasing some people.

Meanwhile, inside the HT Headquarters....

Uh-oh...it looks like we failed the all-important group at Sideshow Freaks with the Jor-El figure...what should we do?"

Cancel it of course...kill the line. We must realize that the only reason Hot Toys should exist is to try in our meager way to please the gang at Sideshow Freaks...we know it can't be done, but we must try.

Sigh...you are right of course...we will cancel the line and anything else that looks like it may not conform with their expected level of perfection. But what to do now....oh, what to do....

Why, roll out the umpteenth version of "Iron Man" of course! And get that "Runny Make-Up Nicholson Joker" ready! And how's that Ledger Joker 3.0 with special hang-upside down from bat-wire action display coming? Roll it out! No more secondary characters!

Right boss! If it don't make the Sideshow Freaks squeal with glee, it's a fail! Iron Man # 100 coming up!"

I kid, I kid...but really. It does seem most of the time in here that NOTHING that's announced will please some of the folks in here...

Looks great but I'd prefer battle armour Jor-El
It doesn't really bother me to not have his armored look as he only wears it really briefly. The robe look is fine, I just wish they had included both robes.

I kid, I kid...but really. It does seem most of the time in here that NOTHING that's announced will please some of the folks in here...

You kid, you kid.
But...
Not really.
I love the sculpt. I showed it to a friend of mine today who has never heard of Hot Toys and he thought it was a still from the movie.

Wow. There is just no pleasing some people.

Meanwhile, inside the HT Headquarters....

Uh-oh...it looks like we failed the all-important group at Sideshow Freaks with the Jor-El figure...what should we do?"

Cancel it of course...kill the line. We must realize that the only reason Hot Toys should exist is to try in our meager way to please the gang at Sideshow Freaks...we know it can't be done, but we must try.

Sigh...you are right of course...we will cancel the line and anything else that looks like it may not conform with their expected level of perfection. But what to do now....oh, what to do....

Why, roll out the umpteenth version of "Iron Man" of course! And get that "Runny Make-Up Nicholson Joker" ready! And how's that Ledger Joker 3.0 with special hang-upside down from bat-wire action display coming? Roll it out! No more secondary characters!

Right boss! If it don't make the Sideshow Freaks squeal with glee, it's a fail! Iron Man # 100 coming up!"

That's hilarious.

Wow, never thought I'd see an official movie figure of Crowe's likeness. I think it looks good. If the price is right, I'll probably pick this up. Funny, I'm not a huge HT collector, yet so far everything being revealed for SDCC that I like us a HT figure. :lol

You kid, you kid.
But...
Not really.
I love the sculpt. I showed it to a friend of mine today who has never heard of Hot Toys and he thought it was a still from the movie.

Showed my mom last night...same thing. She couldn't believe it was a figure

To be fair most HT figures look like real people to the uninitiated.
But we are initiated...

And for a lot of people on this forum, a product that is 1/6 scale of real life, where the irises are perfect and they even get veins on the eyeballs are included, they look at it and go: "Meh, it's not accurate" when what they MEAN is: "I'm stone broke, and if i buy this, my wife will break my legs, so i'll pretend i never wanted it to begin with...".
:rotfl

And for a lot of people on this forum, a product that is 1/6 scale of real life, where the irises are perfect and they even get veins on the eyeballs are included, they look at it and go: "Meh, it's not accurate" when what they MEAN is: "I'm stone broke, and if i buy this, my wife will break my legs, so i'll pretend i never wanted it to begin with...".
:rotfl

Why would anyone lie about liking something just to save face on a toy forum? That makes me depressed. :(

Why would anyone lie about liking something just to save face on a toy forum? That makes me depressed. :(

Because everyone knows that people don't buy figures they like and pass on the ones they don't. They simply buy every figure (good and bad) until they run out of money and then they start lying about some made up concept called "lack of interest" to save face over their shameful poverty.

Back