Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:

Seriously I think it looks great, I'm convinced those who say it's the worst HS ever or looks like someone else rather than RDJ etc etc are either genuinely blind, hating because they think it's cool or just trolling

Or they aren't HT fanboys and honestly don't think it looks very good. I don't think it looks very good and I'm not blind nor am I trolling for some negative response. The last two RDJ sculpts were much better than this.

I like this hs better than the mkvii hs. Then again we haven't seen in hand pics of the final sculpts for either figure. I'm trying to stay positive about both though.

I like this hs better than the mkvii hs. Then again we haven't seen in hand pics of the final sculpts for either figure. I'm trying to stay positive about both though.

They usually get better.
Look at the Reeve Superman headsculpt. The proto looked *kind of* like Reeve, but the final one was a dead ringer.
All the promo images from HT has that crazy *kind of* sculpt in them.
I reckon Tony will be the same.

Supes.jpg

Yeah its like the bosses at HT say you can get a bit creative to the artists for the proto but when it comes to the final product you better get in right or your working for Hasbro. :lol

If anyone here who thinks THEIR perception of how good or bad this sculpt is, is the only way everyone should think, needs help.

We all don't see beauty the same way. Form your opinion, make your decision to purchase or not, and stop givinig a crap what others think. ESPECIALLY, stop trying to sway people to think the way you think.

WHO CARES! There are hardly any, IF ANY, things in life EVERYONE can agree on.

I hope all the armor suits on film isn't gonna look like hasbro-galore..

It would be cool though if there's a Hulkbuster cameo as one of the suits, and Tony Stark briefly explaining it's for emergency in case the Hulk runs wild or something..

That would rock! It would be the size of the Monger too! :rock

They usually get better.
Look at the Reeve Superman headsculpt. The proto looked *kind of* like Reeve, but the final one was a dead ringer.
All the promo images from HT has that crazy *kind of* sculpt in them.
I reckon Tony will be the same.

Supes.jpg

I hope you're right. Superman is awesome! :pray:

That's why we come to this discussion board; to discuss :duff

IMO, taking shots at each other and trying to make people think the way you think, is not a discussion. There are too many people here who can't accept or respect that someone else has an opinion that may differ from theirs.

I ask the opinions of members quite often when there is something I don't know about or have no experience with. But there is no reason to simply bash other members for not agreeing with their point of view.

Just the fact that every thread about figures has 8 different opinions about the same topic should be proof of that.

:yess:

Seriously I think it looks great, I'm convinced those who say it's the worst HS ever or looks like someone else rather than RDJ etc etc are either genuinely blind, hating because they think it's cool or just trolling

Not blind, hating, or trolling. I have most of HT's IM stuff, I mostly love this set (happy to hear the price point sounds like it may be well below $300), but the HS leaves me cold. Just once, I wish HT could nail the RDJ 110%, but this proto ain't it. This could go one of two ways: HT could tweak it like they have done with some head sculpts in the past, like CR Supes or Thor, or they could just let it go to market despite howls of protest from collectors to fix the sculpt just like they did Indy. This head is in the ballpark of RDJ, but for a figure that's marketed as Tony Stark, my expectations are even higher for the likeness to be spot on than with an extra head that's included with an armor. Hell, I think the Mark I 2.0 had a better likeness than this, and that thing gets covered up with the armor's faceplate. :slap

I was extremely excited for this figure a couple of days ago and still am. The headsculpt does seem to be a bit off, but in some angles I think the sculpt looks great. I know hot toys will do the small tweaks it needs to make the sculpt GREAT.

And I was just telling my girlfriend is only have 5 things on order. I do see this at $400/$450

I know we're seeing price mark ups, but why $400-$450? Consider: DX Joker 2.0 comes in at under $300. It has an exclusive new body, 2 headsculpts (one of which has PERS), a Kato designed outfit, a plethora of accessories and hands, an entire diorama, including walls, table, chair...plus a light up DX base. Stark has a simple, circular platform that lights up, a variant of Dummy with a camera and a modified base with wheels, a table full of cool armor pieces, plus blueprints and a magazine, and a Tony Stark figure with an exclusive new body, a fairly simply costume and a new head (no PERS). So why wouldn't the price be comparable?

IMO, taking shots at each other and trying to make people think the way you think, is not a discussion. There are too many people here who can't accept or respect that someone else has an opinion that may differ from theirs.

I ask the opinions of members quite often when there is something I don't know about or have no experience with. But there is no reason to simply bash other members for not agreeing with their point of view.

Just the fact that every thread about figures has 8 different opinions about the same topic should be proof of that.

Right! And why shouldn't people voice their opinion? 8 opinions or more, the better. Taking shots at each other is not something we should condone, though you're doing it somewhat :peace

But I agree, some members seem to enjoy bashing others' opinion and that's wrong and childish. Though we need to remember that we are in a forum for toys, so there's bound to be some kids here as well.

I love reading people's opinion on upcoming figures because sometimes you'll find opinions about details you hadn't noticed before or details that are overlooked by HT or other toy companies. At the end of the day, either you agree or disagree with other member's opinion doesn't really matter, what matters is how we react to them. I'm a hypocrite because I stopped posting as frequently as I used to because I got irritated by how people treat each other especially in this forum. But so what if some don't see RDJ in that sculpt and so what if some do. The decision to buy the figure is all on you anyway.

Back