Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People can't post on their wall, told me they had 100's of orders, that was a full week ago, made a PayPal claim.

BTW your pics were the reason I wanted this.

People can't post on their wall, told me they had 100's of orders, that was a full week ago, made a PayPal claim.

BTW your pics were the reason I wanted this.

Yeah, and i remember well that i recommended them to you...
Up till then, they had always come through in a timely fashion for me.
But about the Facebook thing, you just pick a post on their wall(Like the one they posted on the 13th December saying all the stuff had come in and was shipping out to customers ASAP), and post in that.
I did that on tuesday. Half an hour later, Kate was on the phone telling me the item i had been waiting on since August would be in the post right away, and would be delivered today(It's showing as out for delivery right now according to the tracking).
So post on one of THEIR posts and see what they say.

I think people are really overreacting about Mother's Basement, I'm still waiting on my Tony Stark but understand their problems. They are a small team trying to get out 100's of orders, they have to pack them and post them and make sure they get the right order out to the right person. They also have regular orders to deal with that aren't Hot Toys and regarding them changing the date, that is completely out of their control. They buy from the official UK distributor Amerang so they have to wait on them, they don't grey import from HK.

Ring them up SMC92 instead of faffing around on their wall, if you'd explain your problem I have no doubt they'd sort it out for you there and then. Oh and never buy a Hot Toy for a Christmas or Birthday unless you know for a certainty it's in stock lol!

I think people are really overreacting about Mother's Basement

I don't, it's not the wait that is getting to people, but more the constant "it'll be next week" updates they are given. If they came out and were honest in saying "we don't know when the item will be in" people wouldn't be half as pissed off.

I've only ever bought one thing from them (an in stock item). I decided I didn't want it and asked for a refund which they initially refused, the tried to tell me that the distance selling regs did not apply (I spent over ten years dealing with DSR, while working for a much larger retailer so knew I was legally entitled to a refund).

They eventually conceded, and asked me to send the goods back, and then made me wait the full 30 days (which they can by law) to action the refund (and only after I chased them on day 30) which they then proceeded to refund by way of paypal cheque ensuring that I had to wait even longer for it to clear.

Will never use them again.

I don't, it's not the wait that is getting to people, but more the constant "it'll be next week" updates they are given.

If folk are given a it'll be next week update it's because that's what MB are given by Amerang. I've never had anything but good service from Mother's Basement, Lee, OSB, they are all fantastic folk but at the end of the day they are only people so mistakes are going to be made. No point in hating on something like collecting Hot Toys, we are privileged to be able to be able spend so much on plastic toys, I guess that's just me as a person though and everyone is gonna have their opinion.

Regarding Tony Stark, Barry do you know the exact dimensions of the base? I'm thinking of getting a display case made to fit him.

If folk are given a it'll be next week update it's because that's what MB are given by Amerang.

True, but I suppose that people are starting to lose faith in MB because it is being said week after week. If they don't have an accurate date for the goods coming in, they shouldn't keep saying next week.

Better to say that they will update people once Amerang have dispatched the goods to them and have a confirmed date for them.

I had this figure in hand, and is it just me or is this figure ALOT better than the Mechanic version? The battle damage parts did nothing for me, and honestly, the tailoring is horrible, and only looks really cool in flight pose. All the other accessories are just really extras that you prob hang on his backpack. The damn guns dont sit correctly in hand...why are people all over it? I was hecka looking forward to it since I LOVE the mechanic in the movie, but I thought the figure was mediocre. Also the sunglasses really bothered me of how inaccurate it is. The sides look like pencils, when they are supposed to be really thin. They are thickest framed glasses HT EVER made.

If folk are given a it'll be next week update it's because that's what MB are given by Amerang. I've never had anything but good service from Mother's Basement, Lee, OSB, they are all fantastic folk but at the end of the day they are only people so mistakes are going to be made. No point in hating on something like collecting Hot Toys, we are privileged to be able to be able spend so much on plastic toys, I guess that's just me as a person though and everyone is gonna have their opinion.

Regarding Tony Stark, Barry do you know the exact dimensions of the base? I'm thinking of getting a display case made to fit him.

I was told I'd have my Stark in October, it is now one week before Christmas and still nothing, they said they would refund me on PayPal... not likely to make it that easy I bet... we shall see.

As for been privalaged to buy toys this deal, I save and save to buy these and this was a present for somebody, be different if it was for me as I can wait, I can't give him a box of "it's delayed" for Xmas morning.

If they can't handle all the orders then they shouldn't be taking that many, simple.

Anyways thanks for your help guys. We shall see how it plays out, on top of my credit card been stolen and some french spa spending all my money its been a "great" Xmas.

True, but I suppose that people are starting to lose faith in MB because it is being said week after week. If they don't have an accurate date for the goods coming in, they shouldn't keep saying next week.

Better to say that they will update people once Amerang have dispatched the goods to them and have a confirmed date for them.

Trouble is they have to keep on board with other stores and what they have, it's a tricky business.

So say other UK retailers (that get their stuff through Amerang), such as Forbidden Planet have the release date as November 30th, but MB knows that they won't (and FP won't) get their pre-order figure shipment til December 10th they can't really update the estimated date to be accurate because then they might lose customers to Forbidden Planet (or vice versa), even though FP will ultimately get it at the same time they just haven't updated their estimate. If that makes sense?

I'm just happy to receive and share my figures with guys when I get them at the best price possible! :)

And that sucks to hear SMC, I hope 2014 is better for you!

Trouble is they have to keep on board with other stores and what they have, it's a tricky business.

So say other UK retailers (that get their stuff through Amerang), such as Forbidden Planet have the release date as November 30th, but MB knows that they won't (and FP won't) get their pre-order figure shipment til December 10th they can't really update the estimated date to be accurate because then they might lose customers to Forbidden Planet (or vice versa), even though FP will ultimately get it at the same time they just haven't updated their estimate. If that makes sense?

I'm just happy to receive and share my figures with guys when I get them at the best price possible! :)

And that sucks to hear SMC, I hope 2014 is better for you!

I knew it would be a long shot getting it in October so the first delay I was like, ok grand stuff happens, but then it kept going on and on, oh be here next week, oh next week, def next week, now no Tony or money back... :(

It's kinda put me off HT's now, my local shop here rips you off, they had the MKVIII for €350 and the new DX13 is nearly €400, Thank god we have a Forbidden that nearly sells them at cost (sometimes), and sure after this how can I trust online.

I got this guy yesterday! :yess:

Took me all of my willpower to leave the box closed and not take a peek before wrapping him up, as I decided it would make an awesome Christmas present to myself! :lol

So now the wait 'til Tuesday evening begins! :lol :rock

I got this guy yesterday! :yess:

Took me all of my willpower to leave the box closed and not take a peek before wrapping him up, as I decided it would make an awesome Christmas present to myself! :lol

So now the wait 'til Tuesday evening begins! :lol :rock

I dont know how you can wait... RESPECT TO YOU BRO..

I don't have room to let this figure and all its parts run wild at the moment, but at least Tony can continue the burgundy/red thing I've got going

Back