Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post really made zero sense outside of the facial line gripe, so the rest is just begging for argument. Better to just say you hate it and move on to a thread you're interested in than start a pointless debate and ruin it for those of us looking forward to it.
On the contrary, I was wondering if anyone agreed with me. Hence why I asked if I was the only one who felt the way I did about this figure. Why would I want to "ruin" it for anyone or start a debate? I just think this is a step backward for Hot Toys to the Mark III Battle-Damaged days, but I guess I'm the only one. And I'm glad you guys who pre-ordered it are happy with how it turned out.

On the contrary, I was wondering if anyone agreed with me. Hence why I asked if I was the only one who felt the way I did about this figure.
Fair enough.
Why would I want to "ruin" it for anyone or start a debate?
B/c that's very common on this board. It's far more common on Enterbay threads than Hot Toys threads, but it's common nonetheless. You should know this having been a member since 2008.
I just think this is a step backward for Hot Toys to the Mark III Battle-Damaged days, but I guess I'm the only one.
Sorry you feel that way, having every IM in hand except the Mark 1 I couldn't disagree more. But nothing we can say will sway your opinion, which you made clear already, so that's that. Right?
And I'm glad you guys who pre-ordered it are happy with how it turned out.
Thanks.

Looks great but had to put this on my "pick up if you can at hastings during holiday sales" list since have lots of other stuff on the way.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the pics :)

This looks great. I'm really glad I pre-ordered this. I like it because it's different from the rest. Can't wait for more pics.

---

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this looks like a cheap toy? :dunno

The flat silver parts, the iffy proportions, the stick neck, the exaggerated lines on the helmet...just doesn't work for me. Regardless, nice to see this thing finally released.

I agree about the face plate and flat silver parts, but i don't think it look's like a cheap toy!:dunno Warmachine imo look's very plastic with no metallic finish on him whatsoever, at least Mark V's red parts look like they did in the movie.

The proportions seem to be fairly accurate ..this figure is simply undersized as is almost every Ironman figure and this particular armor is meant to be the slimmest.

The long neck does not seem as bad as other figures with the same problem and i'm sure it can be fixed with a simple modification.

That guy from Hong Kong took down his video, and put up an extened version where he takes it out of the box
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztMfc_nOdQ&feature=feedu"]Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman MK5 In Stock - YouTube[/ame]

My focus is pretty tight which is the only thing that allows me to get all the armors. Not being interested in 90% of realistic human figures really cuts down on what I buy.

I am picking up '89 Bats and '78 Supes just to fulfill my dream of having them both together.

Like some already mentioned what really hurts this figure are matte silver parts. I think that the design is great and really differs from the rest of the IM figures. What this needs is a custom paint job. If quality chrome is applied it'll be a night and day difference.

I have a MK III,Tony Stark, War Machine and a MK VI
There are so many other figures I want that I want from other movies, that I am happy with what I already have from Iron Man

fair enough, im trying to complete my IM collection, im also wanting figures from other films, the annoying thing is that HT is releasing too many at the same time for preorder, whilst you need to watch the finances, you're also wanting to snap up these figures before they become pre sold out :gah:

Back