Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mhmm, kinda glad I passed on this. I want more reflective silver, this matte stuff aint cutting it!

ironman01.jpg

Looks dead on to me. If you want a custom Mark V spray paint it :huh

just my order for this with BBTS. gives me plenty of time to think it over without having to worry about a cancelation fee.

This will be my first IM figure :yess:

Only other one I'll get is the one for the Avengers

ironman01.jpg

Looks dead on to me. If you want a custom Mark V spray paint it :huh

I went back and watched that scene today b/c i too originally thought all the silver parts were shinier. but to me, the helmet is all that looks really "chromed out"/ really shiney. the rest of the body, like the above image shows, looks like what HT gave us in terms of paint colors

I went back and watched that scene today b/c i too originally thought all the silver parts were shinier. but to me, the helmet is all that looks really "chromed out"/ really shiney. the rest of the body, like the above image shows, looks like what HT gave us in terms of paint colors

:exactly::lecture:lecture:goodpost:

how come they dont offer an extra head with this one, almost every major edition has an extra unhelmed head :(

He's saying that without that arm, the fig is worth about $100.
Yes, and the arm must cost $109, because I dont see where else that $209 asking price is going. Hot Toys says this is their most complex figure ever with 100 steps in the assembly process, but apart from the battle-damaged arm i don't see it :dunno

Yes, and the arm must cost $109, because I dont see where else that $209 asking price is going. Hot Toys says this is their most complex figure ever with 100 steps in the assembly process, but apart from the battle-damaged arm i don't see it :dunno

Can you count how many molds it takes to make that figure? Didn't think so.

IM's retail more than standard body figs b/c they take a zillion molds to make - you can't just slap a jacket and pants on it and call it done like you can with 90% of the other product lines.

:slap

I was holding off until pics of the actual figure came out to preorder, so now I'm finally ready. Are any places still offering 190 preorders? It seems a lot of places are sold out though I saw CCG armory still had some for 190, but I've heard not so great things about them. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

Arguing about the validity of pricing is a long tradition and is ultimately pointless. You either trust a company to give you the best product at the best price they can or you don't. Simple as that. You can never "know". The best you can do is make educated guesses and I know I'm not educated and I'm willing to bet most other people posting here are not either. So they're just uninformed layman's guesses.

For me, I trust that HT is in this for the hobby not for the money. If they where in it for the money they could be doing something with much better profit margins.

I was holding off until pics of the actual figure came out to preorder, so now I'm finally ready. Are any places still offering 190 preorders? It seems a lot of places are sold out though I saw CCG armory still had some for 190, but I've heard not so great things about them. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

yea I don't think many places do still have it for the $190. So i wnt with BBTS. They have it for $199. Probably the cheapest you'll find it now at a reliable plce. i just hear that BBTS takes a bit longer to get their shipments in

yea I don't think many places do still have it for the $190. So i wnt with BBTS. They have it for $199. Probably the cheapest you'll find it now at a reliable plce. i just hear that BBTS takes a bit longer to get their shipments in

They're Ok...
They Lack In Customer Service...Alot, But They Are A Legit And Safe Place To Order Figures, The other Big Problem Is That They Never Update Their Website.
You Could Be Ordering Something, Saying It's In Stock, Next Thing You Know, You Get An Email 10 Days Later Saying The Item Is Sold Out Etc..

Back