Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and po'd from Alter Ego & used my points. Great deal on what looks to be a amazing Iron Man HT. Have my Mark Vl ordered with Sideshow.

Saw this thread pop up at Toys Daily, with some new pics of the figure in the display stand. Is there something different about them? Anyone able to translate what's being said?

The guy went to the Hot Toys store to exchange his Mark 6, and since there was no line (it's usually pretty packed there) he had some spare time to look over their Mark V and take pictures. He thinks it'll be more popular than both the Mark 4 and Mark 6.

The guy went to the Hot Toys store to exchange his Mark 6, and since there was no line (it's usually pretty packed there) he had some spare time to look over their Mark V and take pictures. He thinks it'll be more popular than both the Mark 4 and Mark 6.
Thanks for that translation.
I love the battle damaged look of this one.

Makes me want to get Whiplash now.

Saw this thread pop up at Toys Daily, with some new pics of the figure in the display stand. Is there something different about them? Anyone able to translate what's being said?

Thanks for sharing!

Man this looks great. I was only going the IV route but now I've got the IM fever. Still debating on the VI but I'm 80% sure I'm picking this one up.

I will say that if I lived in a city that had window displays like this in a shop that carried collectibles,....I don't think I'd leave the store. :lol

Thanks for sharing!

Man this looks great. I was only going the IV route but now I've got the IM fever. Still debating on the VI but I'm 80% sure I'm picking this one up.

I will say that if I lived in a city that had window displays like this in a shop that carried collectibles,....I don't think I'd leave the store. :lol
You bring up a good point...I don't think I would get any work done and I'd easily spend hours in there a week. :lol

The shop that this guy was at is actually Hot Toys (not just any collectibles store!). They have a small store with loads of stuff crammed into displays.

The shop that this guy was at is actually Hot Toys (not just any collectibles store!). They have a small store with loads of stuff crammed into displays.
This was posted in some other thread (could very well be this thread, I forget which)...this might be the store you're referring to.

The guy in the vid says it's HT's outlet store, whatever that means.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lCitG7BOwrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

no love for the mark V? had to go all the way to page 4 to find the thread! this is the best iron man suit ever! i love it. cant wait! corner store comics says it comes out in 2010... ummm dont think so. anyone have a more accurate estimate?

I went ahead and po'd from Alter Ego & used my points. Great deal on what looks to be a amazing Iron Man HT. Have my Mark Vl ordered with Sideshow.

how did the point thing work, how much did you have to spend to save how much? you know/.?

It will be here sooner than you think.

Hmmm, that's funny. The last time I spoke like you, you told me :

"Side note: If know something and don't plan on saying anything just don't bother hinting at things."

Just curious...Care to endorse yourself?

I'm simply saying Q3 or early Q4 will be here sooner than you think. Time has a way of sneaking up on you. Thats all.

+1 Josh. We're in Feb already - which is a short month. Q3 will come around in no time. Besides, plenty of stuff still to come and by the time MKV arrives, it'll blow us away :)

I'm simply saying Q3 or early Q4 will be here sooner than you think. Time has a way of sneaking up on you. Thats all.

OK, I see. As someone who is anticipating this figure more than anyone (except for Mike, of course), I was hoping for something else, like maybe you had info we didn't, which would have been great.

+1 Josh. We're in Feb already - which is a short month. Q3 will come around in no time. Besides, plenty of stuff still to come and by the time MKV arrives, it'll blow us away :)

I know and we're half through Feb which is nuts. Maybe time just goes quicker as you get older than when I was a kid but damn. :lol Think about it Q3 covers when Comic-Con is going on and there are items there that we will have by the time we get to the end of the year.

OK, I see. As someone who is anticipating this figure more than anyone (except for Mike, of course), I was hoping for something else, like maybe you had info we didn't, which would have been great.

Nah, I'm stoked as a mofo for this guy so I understand. I've got nothing info wise on this piece other than I'm looking forward to it.

I think in large part school really slows down time when you're young.

Back