Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Iron Man 3 (if it ever sees the light of day) could change demand on the older figures.

New releases in the movies always seem to spark interest.
There's also always the younger crowd who have never heard of Iron Man. They may discover him and begin researching. :)

granted the figure is slightly one the thin side, but i think it still is the most eye-catching of them all. Actually kind of surprised it hasn't sold out yet...may be due to the perceived lack of accessories/value.

oh well....what's important for me is I got it already. All that's left is for Cap to accompany him in his display box!

If this figure was produced a couple years back before HT started overproducing everything they make, Mark V would have been sold out a while ago.

Such a great figure!

Agreed! I find that the best pose for this figure is the one where he has one of his arms raised waiting to shoot the palm repulsor. I have him in that pose currently and love it more!

Just got my order on this a few days ago. :yess:

After checking 4 figures, all of them have that dark faded-like paint job on the side of the arms. :( I still haven't checked mine but the chances of having that issue is big. Will inspect it later.

Just got my order on this a few days ago. :yess:

After checking 4 figures, all of them have that dark faded-like paint job on the side of the arms. :( I still haven't checked mine but the chances of having that issue is big. Will inspect it later.

I think all of them are like that though. I noticed it in every picture I've seen of him.

Both of mine have the faded arm issue. Even if it's meant to be like that, it seems out of place. Would have been nicer if it was painted like the other arm. I guess it's not thaaaaat noticeable though. Nice figure :D

6493387075_e6b36015f4_z.jpg

I do not understand this at all "I hate that Hot Toys makes it easier for me to buy the toys I want for a reasonable price!"

It's fantastic for the buyers who can get them at reasonable prices, but it will suck for all the vendors who are trying to make that small profit from selling these figures. If no profit is to be made, vendors will look elsewhere.

That's assuming they go on clearance which I don't think will happen. You don't even see that too often with Sideshow figures. They're just available a bit longer than normal, which I don't see as a problem.

Unless by "vendors" you means people that buy figures at retail to resell. If that's what your talking about I see no need to support that "industry". It's bad for the hobby.

Yeah, that'll mean more inventory costs for them. They used to be able to sell at a markup once the item is in stock, but now even AE has to cut prices down to PO levels in order to attract buyers.

Yeah, that'll mean more inventory costs for them. They used to be able to sell at a markup once the item is in stock, but now even AE has to cut prices down to PO levels in order to attract buyers.

yep, and in due time, they along with other e-tailers and local vendors may only order the amount of pre-orders they get. Which means the only places you can get HT will be through Sideshow at their full retail price or on ebay from the sellers in China.

Both of mine have the faded arm issue. Even if it's meant to be like that, it seems out of place. Would have been nicer if it was painted like the other arm. I guess it's not thaaaaat noticeable though. Nice figure :D

At least yours have it both so it's not noticeable and looks more like they really put the paint that way.

Back