Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a nice figure, for sure. The Battle Damaged parts are easy to swap out, but you will find that the tiny rectangular piece under the chest light is somewhat of a pain to get to snap into place. No problems with the arm or chest piece. The attachment method of the wrist pauldrons is ridiculous, and they don't sit properly when arms are raised. I took mine off.

Like I said before, the poseability is very limited compared to the Marks IV and VI. The ankles don't rotate/bend much at all, and the missing extra articulation at the upper thigh is sorely missed. Deep poses are not nearly as possible with the Mark V, so it will spend most of its time standing straight up or in contrapposto looking cool, which it definitely does.

The Tony head sculpt from the Mark IV will not seat properly, so anyone wanting to display it like that will have to settle for it being loose in the neck area.

Just a few quick hit notes from playing with it last night.

Very curious about other opinions/un-Photoshopped pics.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered mine from Goodshipped 5 months ago and getting impatient now as still not received:impatient:

Anyone else had any dealings with them in the past??

I just placed my order for this early yesterday morning, on the 11th and I'm getting kinda antsy. No shipping notice yet, still just "Processing." I guess I'm expecting a little too much from the "Out The Door in 24" thing.

I've also got a Batman Begins Bruce Wayne figure on order and it's been "Shipping Soon" for a few days now. Those are two separate orders. These will be the first figures I've ordered from Sideshow Collectibles so I don't know what their shipping practices are. Are they perhaps holding off shipping my Mark V so it can go along with the Batman fig? If so, I don't particularly mind. I'm just worried about hangups with my CC company, stuff like that.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me to chill the #($! out and stop worrying.

:panic:

(and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum....hey, I'm still new here)
:monkey3

I just placed my order for this early yesterday morning, on the 11th and I'm getting kinda antsy. No shipping notice yet, still just "Processing." I guess I'm expecting a little too much from the "Out The Door in 24" thing.

I've also got a Batman Begins Bruce Wayne figure on order and it's been "Shipping Soon" for a few days now. Those are two separate orders. These will be the first figures I've ordered from Sideshow Collectibles so I don't know what their shipping practices are. Are they perhaps holding off shipping my Mark V so it can go along with the Batman fig? If so, I don't particularly mind. I'm just worried about hangups with my CC company, stuff like that.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me to chill the #($! out and stop worrying.

:panic:

(and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum....hey, I'm still new here)
:monkey3

Chill :hi5:

All good things are worth waiting for :)

I know I'm veering into off-topic-ness, but I'm actually not too enthused about the 1/4 scale figures. I'm sure they will be totally righteous, but they are gonna be *expensive.* I used to collect die-cast cars and stuck with the 1:18 scale because the 1:12 scale cars were soooo outta my price range.

Then again, the prices on the 1:18 cars that I want have totally knocked me out of the hobby. I was on a wait list for over a year for a Koenigsegg....then when it was released it was about $180-$200. And now that I'm buying big plastic dolls (har har) I just can't swing that.

:monkey1

I know I'm veering into off-topic-ness, but I'm actually not too enthused about the 1/4 scale figures. I'm sure they will be totally righteous, but they are gonna be *expensive.* I used to collect die-cast cars and stuck with the 1:18 scale because the 1:12 scale cars were soooo outta my price range.

Then again, the prices on the 1:18 cars that I want have totally knocked me out of the hobby. I was on a wait list for over a year for a Koenigsegg....then when it was released it was about $180-$200. And now that I'm buying big plastic dolls (har har) I just can't swing that.

:monkey1

It is unknown what they're plans are but you're not alone, many are perfectly happy with 1/6 for figures.

My MK V is in Stansted :yess: should be here tommorrow.

really liking this fig...can anyone post high-res images of the mark v? i'd like to make it my desktop wallpaper :)

11011115234eef9a6619880fac.jpg

1101111523071c0ac7b567dce6.jpg

1101111530182696e1db1cfe25.jpg

11011115356b63472a7ad066c4.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKing
I wonder if the torso of the figure is articulated like the Mark IV and the Mark VI??

MUCH BETTER :panic:

Didn't OMG say the articulation in the torso was better then the mk iv and vi??? And now rubio95 is saying its worst?? I'm confused...

EDIT: NEVERMIND I thought rubio95 mentioned the torso was worst but seems it was the thigh area that he was comparing to the mk iv and vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKing
I wonder if the torso of the figure is articulated like the Mark IV and the Mark VI??

Didn't OMG say the articulation in the torso was better then the mk iv and vi??? And now rubio95 is saying its worst?? I'm confused...

EDIT: NEVERMIND I thought rubio95 mentioned the torso was worst but seems it was the thigh area that he was comparing to the mk iv and vi

It is worse. The Mark 5 cannot bend as fully as the Marks IV or VI.

This Mark suit is my favorite from the movies, but the figure comes up short in poseability. By a large margin. And I'm not just hating, since I wanted this figure to be perfect in every way. As you guys receive yours, you will understand. For the vast majority of us, poseability is not much of a concern. For me, it justifies the price.

Put it like this...

With the Mark IV (and by default, the Mark VI), this pose was possible:

020-1.jpg

With the Mark V, the deepest possible position for me, so far, is this (and mind you, that is only by removing the wrist pauldrons and hacking up an extra hand):

014.jpg

Back